CFB 2013-2014

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd hate Georgia if the best Bengals players didn't come from that school.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No doubt - I actually still like TCU for the B12. Everyone was quick to jump off that bandwagon when the lost to LSU, but there really isn't a lot of shame in that. OSU - will be interesting to see how the last weeks reports/articles affects the program this season, but I think impact will be minimal. Think OSU has the best team in the Big 12, but that doesn't mean shit - and frankly isn't all that impressive this season. Big 12 is at best the 4th best conference in the country this year.

Had lunch with a massive A$M booster today, sold his tickets for Saturday for a cool $9k. Fucking lol.
I think the TCU bandwagon jumpers had more to do with them having a difficult time in the first half against Southeastern LA, a school that not long ago didn't have a football program.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
True - and my little love affair with TCU just ended in flames. Absolutely woeful offensively tonight against a very mediocre Tech team. Really strange game, with some really bizarre calls. B12 is wiiiiiide open.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That was some of the worst officiating ive seen since replacement refs in the nfl last year

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm out on Patterson. I don't know what coach I want now. Texas is going to hire Shaw and I'm going to be sad.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Problem with Shaw is that he is, at best, a coach for rent. If he is successful, he is gone to the NFL in 2 years.

But that is exactly why I think he stays at Stanford. He can sit back and win 10/11 games a year until the NFL comes calling. Why take a rebuilding job where 9 wins is the ceiling for the first few years if it potentially hurts your chances at achieving your ultimate goal?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Problem with Shaw is that he is, at best, a coach for rent. If he is successful, he is gone to the NFL in 2 years.

But that is exactly why I think he stays at Stanford. He can sit back and win 10/11 games a year until the NFL comes calling. Why take a rebuilding job where 9 wins is the ceiling for the first few years if it potentially hurts your chances at achieving your ultimate goal?
The ceiling for next year is Big 12 Championship. Texas didn't stop being littered with 5 and 4 star talent 3 deep at every position. The HC is just a senile old man who is incapable of instilling toughness and an edge in his players. There is a reason Texas has been described as soft the entire time Mack has been here except when VY took over the team in '04 and '05. Not to mention the Big 12 is pretty terrible right now.

I agree on Shaw, if his ultimate goal is the NFL then he won't come to Texas. Texas isn't going to hire somebody with aspirations to jump to the NFL. I am weary of him because he is riding on the coattails of Haurbaugh's success. He didn't build anything himself and is very inexperienced. I greatly prefer Strong to him. That Louisville program was complete trash when arrived.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Listen. I think it is beyond precious that you're trying to come to this little guy's rescue. But let's face it, he picked this fight, and now he's in way over his head. Let him take his lumps, and then next time he'll know better.

Out of curiosity, what sexual favors did he offer you?

rrr_img_43346.jpg
Not only is WhatsA a redneck but he's a redneck fag to boot, look at this drivel. 33 years man, meaning most likely you've never even seen this shitty team win anything. At least Minnesota, where I got my BS, has an excuse that they started letting black people play for why they haven't won in 60 years.

Borzak

Heard this one on the radio today.

In Alabama an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in Nick Saban.

Borzak

In the news of the wierd today...the Alabama band stopped in Baton Rouge and practiced at LSU for the A&M game since they don't have enough nice hotels in College Station for the teams and the band. They are staying in Houston and didn't have a place to practice the day before the game.

Odd. I'm not sure why A&M couldn't secure a high school field for Bama as that is what LSU normally does.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It may not have been national because of Johnny Manziel this summer, but Franklin is a bit toxic right now. He's just been cleared of any suspicion of being involved with the the case (someone testified he instructed kids to destroy evidence), but a few of his players are still going down for rape charges. It's pretty ugly, and Franklin is getting some black eyes to his image, mainly due to association etc. Not only that, I just don't see this guy doing that great anywhere big. Hell, yes, he has made Vandy better, but not in such a dramatic fashion though to make people think he'd win national championships at somewhere big.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
It may not have been national because of Johnny Manziel this summer, but Franklin is a bit toxic right now. He's just been cleared of any suspicion of being involved with the the case (someone testified he instructed kids to destroy evidence), but a few of his players are still going down for rape charges. It's pretty ugly, and Franklin is getting some black eyes to his image, mainly due to association etc. Not only that, I just don't see this guy doing that great anywhere big. Hell, yes, he has made Vandy better, but not in such a dramatic fashion though to make people think he'd win national championships at somewhere big.
Oh no doubt. I'm just trying to hone the average Texas fan's expectations. Tier 1 coaching talent isn't going to leave a Tier 1 program for the Texas grease fire. They will have to take a chance on a hot assistant or go with a guy like Franklin who has improved a second/third/fourth rate institution.

The only tier 1 coach that I see as not being in a Tier 1 program is Charlie Strong. That has to be the all in play for Texas.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About the only coach at a tier one program Texas is really interested in is Saban. They do have some interest in Muschamp. That is about it unless Stanford is suddenly a tier one program.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am at a loss, I want johnny football to get hurt yet A&M beat Alabama. Don't think either will happen.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I would have to think that their interest in Muschamp is growing smaller week by week, I think Florida will do nothing but go downhill from their season last year while Muschamp is there. Muschamp is an ok coach, but he isn't nearly good enough to handle a program like Florida.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I am at a loss, I want johnny football to get hurt yet A&M beat Alabama. Don't think either will happen.
I have to root for Bama, because I want to see a Georgia/Alabama rematch in the SEC title game. That was easily the best post-season game last year. WAY better than the national title game.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would have to think that their interest in Muschamp is growing smaller week by week, I think Florida will do nothing but go downhill from their season last year while Muschamp is there. Muschamp is an ok coach, but he isn't nearly good enough to handle a program like Florida.
Pretty much, there just aren't many interesting coaching candidates at tier one schools right now. Too many have fallen off or gone pro recently.

Borzak

My only option today is to pretty much root for a giant opening in the earth to swallow up both A&M and Bama, or find some rule in the NCAA rulebook that allows both teams to lose.