CFB 2013-2014

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And to top it off, Marquise Lee is hurt(but they haven't said how badly yet)

USC is officially a dumpster fire

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Its about fucking time. Kiffin is the scumbag of all scumbags. All he has proven in Oakland, Tennessee and Southen Cal is that he is a worthless, self-absorbed POS who is on his best days a below average head football coach. Unfortunately the faggot will probably somehow land another head coaching gig purely on the merit of his last name and the legacy of his father, who I'm sure he'll try to blame for his defense giving up 62 despite not even working for him anymore.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm jealous of the USC athletic department. I wish Texas athletic department would have the accountability to fire shitty coaches.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arkansas provided some good gifs last night.

bret-fall.gif
GuyTwerkSack2.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Haha, Kiffin didn't even make it back home. ESPN is reporting this morning that he got fired at the airport after him and the team got off the plane from their trip to Arizona. That's awesome. Couldn't happen to a more deserving person...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only 2 undefeated teams left in the SEC.

Alabama and...Missouri
Alabama will have it's best chance to go undefeated, even better than last year considering they won't play a team from here on out with a real defense.

Borzak

Even tho I think UT is a better program than USC by a huge margin if offered the job I personally would take the job at USC over UT for a number of reasons. Less backers to deal with, less conference instability, no longhorn network. I guess it depends on who is out there looking for a job.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Even tho I think UT is a better program than USC by a huge margin if offered the job I personally would take the job at USC over UT for a number of reasons. Less backers to deal with, less conference instability, no longhorn network. I guess it depends on who is out there looking for a job.
I don't know if you've ever lived in SoCal or not so it's hard to quantify the level of stupidity of your statement. One of, if not the most, storied franchises in college football history, geographical recruiting advantages on the level of TX, competitive conference advantages, huge and wealthy Alumni base and you're not the only game in town so it's not crazy 24/7 on what you are doing and why. Yeah, this is definately a 2nd tier choice for a head coach........

With that said, Haden certainly didn't have a choice but as a fan knowing it's going to be a shit show for the next 2 months is pretty lame. This is the last year of the scholarship reductions so it's all about getting in the right guy, having one more year of shit and then coming out gangbusters.

As far as Lane, he was fucked no matter what. We had 57 scholarship players in uniform last night, that 10-2 he put up in 2011 was the worst thing he could have ever done.

Borzak

I don't know if you've ever lived in SoCal or not so it's hard to quantify the level of stupidity of your statement. One of, if not the most, storied franchises in college football history, geographical recruiting advantages on the level of TX, competitive conference advantages, huge and wealthy Alumni base and you're not the only game in town so it's not crazy 24/7 on what you are doing and why. Yeah, this is definately a 2nd tier choice for a head coach........

With that said, Haden certainly didn't have a choice but as a fan knowing it's going to be a shit show for the next 2 months is pretty lame. This is the last year of the scholarship reductions so it's all about getting in the right guy, having one more year of shit and then coming out gangbusters.

As far as Lane, he was fucked no matter what. We had 57 scholarship players in uniform last night, that 10-2 he put up in 2011 was the worst thing he could have ever done.
If UT is one of the best programs in the country why since Royal left have they not hired a proven coach? They hire guys without a real proven record at a top notch school. Alabama didn't have to hire someone from a lower division with a good record and gamble on it. Sure it's better than 90% of them out there but UT acts like they are now the best program in the country. They aren't. For one thing they are in the wrong conference to claim that, plus all the other crap that goes with it. I'm pretty sure USC doesn't have to dick with the state legislature deciding who is in and out of their conference and on a yearly basis. They dont' have to deal with the Longhorn network and all the crap that entails like broadcasting practice, the extra time the coach has alloted. Never under estimate the desire of a coach to get where they can be left alone, and that leaves out UT. There's a drive in people who become head coach and they want to do it "their way", I don't see that happening at UT. At least not right now. I know it's hard to explain to some people but money isn't everything.

We'll see who gets a better hire. I'm sure UT will get a nice hire but people need to stop acting like EVERYONE who is a current coach at other universities would go there "for the money".

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If UT is one of the best programs in the country why since Royal left have they not hired a proven coach? They hire guys without a real proven record at a top notch school. Alabama didn't have to hire someone from a lower division with a good record and gamble on it. Sure it's better than 90% of them out there but UT acts like they are now the best program in the country. They aren't. For one thing they are in the wrong conference to claim that, plus all the other crap that goes with it. I'm pretty sure USC doesn't have to dick with the state legislature deciding who is in and out of their conference and on a yearly basis. They dont' have to deal with the Longhorn network and all the crap that entails like broadcasting practice, the extra time the coach has alloted. Never under estimate the desire of a coach to get where they can be left alone, and that leaves out UT. There's a drive in people who become head coach and they want to do it "their way", I don't see that happening at UT. At least not right now. I know it's hard to explain to some people but money isn't everything.

We'll see who gets a better hire. I'm sure UT will get a nice hire but people need to stop acting like EVERYONE who is a current coach at other universities would go there "for the money".
I'm a USC fan taking umbrage with you calling the UT program better by a huge margin. Not sure how my pic of Lane and my previous consistent pro-USC posts didn't give that away. Just makes your original post that I responded to all the more clearer in that you are in fact an idiot. Sucks man....

Borzak

I'm a USC fan taking umbrage with you calling the UT program better by a huge margin. Not sure how my pic of Lane and my previous consistent pro-USC posts didn't give that away. Just makes your original post that I responded to all the more clearer in that you are in fact an idiot. Sucks man....
Live in TX and see how often the state legislators get involved in UT athletics. That is a huge turnoff for control freaks. Read some of the contracts for the top coaches, at least some of them are available on the internet because they are public employes. Several I have read have "I will be in charge of X and Y while at Z university", no way that crap flies at Texas.

When Saban was hired on at LSU my dad was a board member of the TAF and sat in on the 3 way negotiations between the university, the TAF (they pay the bulk of the salary) and Saban. Money was actually one of the last things they discussed in the hiring process. Control of the program was first on his mind.

I'm not saying UT doesn't make a big name hire, but don't discount the percentage of coaches out there who value control over money or a mix of both that favors control, and let's not kid ourselves it's not like USC isn't going to offer top money and have a lack of a recruiting base some schools.