CFB 2013-2014

Tea_sl

shitlord
I said from Texas's point of view. Yeah, Texas has bullied the fuck out of the Big 12 and they've gotten paid doing it.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I said from Texas's point of view. Yeah, Texas has bullied the fuck out of the Big 12 and they've gotten paid doing it.
I wouldnt even say it was Texas, more Dodds. Mack HATES the Longhorn network.

Edit: I gotcha, I did the common internet boo boo and skimmed the PoV line. Cool

Dis

Confirmed Male
Mack hates winning to, so he's probably not the best source.
Homeboy is always positive. He did a great soundbite that is played on our local ESPN station:

Hey! You! ....... Quit Loafing!

so awesome

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A whole lot of stupid shit going on in this thread.

Hopefully we hire a AD that cares as much about winning as he does about money.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tired of hearing about the A&M/UT shit. Because of that stupid shit LSU gets roped into fucking playing on Thaksgiving day next year because it's a tradtional day at A&M or whatever.

Borzak

A whole lot of stupid shit going on in this thread.

Hopefully we hire a AD that cares as much about winning as he does about money.
Good luck. I'm convinced the way to go is to hire two different AD's. One who runs the show behind the scenes and hires/fires coaches and another who glad hands everyone and raises funds. The one we have now is not really well liked but he brings in the money and is getting the stadium and other stuff like the nutrition center upgraded.

Borzak

What kind of communist doesn't enjoy Thanksgiving football?
Football has never been big in south LA on thanksgiving. Hunt in the morning which is opening week is a big family deal and then head home for a meal in the afternoon and play Arkansas on Friday (which nobody here really liked either).

Here's the vegas odds on USC new coach.

http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betti...team-props.jsp

Jack Del Rio
3/1
Chris Petersen
5/1
James Franklin
5/1
Greg Roman
6/1
Clancy Pendergast
7/1
Jon Gruden
8/1
Kevin Sumlin
8/1
Kirby Smart
8/1
Steve Sarkisian
8/1
Chad Morris
9/1
Herm Edwards
15/1
Ed Orgeron
20/1

Dis

Confirmed Male
Tired of hearing about the A&M/UT shit. Because of that stupid shit LSU gets roped into fucking playing on Thaksgiving day next year because it's a tradtional day at A&M or whatever.
Yep, apparently LSU and TAMU used to play a rivalry game way back when, they are trying to rekindle it:

LSU-Texas AM football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly should go back to Texas vs. Texas A&M. I miss not having the game, because it always ended up being a dogfight no matter which team was sucking balls and which team was steamrolling coming into the game.

Borzak

Yeah I'm old enough to remember us playing A&M. The problem is LSU really only ever had one rival, and we drummed them out of the conference and basically out of football and that's Tulane. They tried to make Arkansas a rival and gave us a goofy trophy that nobody liked, made us play on Friday after thanksgiving. Nobody cared. Now they are doing it with A&M. Most of the other SEC schools have a traditional rival but really the people at LSU don't care, each week you play like it's a rival game.

It's also super fucking aggrevating that A&M joins the conference and has been in one year and they get to bring on their traditions with them, while our biggest tradition that we are known for gets shit on all the time and we only get to break it out now maybe 3 games a year at most, and mostly for the crap teams which is why we schedule a few crap teams so we can play at night. But we have to kiss A&M's ass in their second year. It's tied to TV but the SEC president could push his weight around and change it a few times a year as the previous president (Kramer who came up with the BCS) did.

People ask why LSU plays 2-3 cupcakes a year, well that's why. If we schedule Oregon, Washington, TCU, West Virginia etc...for the most part those games get played during the day. We have to play Towson, Kent State etc...so that we can have a night game, which LSU has been doing since 1931.

Borzak

Which is better than the story of how GA invented shrubs. It is a great story however, we started it because Baton Rouge is a blue collar town where most people worked 6 days a week in the plants and refineries and to be able to see the game they played on Saturday night. Not because of the heat.

400px-Knightni.jpg

Borzak

So is he going to get hire a coach before he leaves? That's pretty odd.