Chicago area

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pequod's is the best Chicago style pizza place. Do you not like melted cheese or something?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Wtf is a Detroit style of pizza?

It's basically fluffy, retangular Chicago style and it's terrible.

1518642249412.jpeg

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
What's a fun neighborhood in Chicago to stay in Airbnb style?

Englewood.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want to go clubbing, Wrigleyville or Boystown.

Shopaholic and tastes trend towards the yuppie? River North.

If you want to see the major museums like Shedd, Field Museum, and Soldier Field, South Loop, although this will be less safe than the North Side.

If you don't feel comfortable in cities at night and are OK with securing transportation downtown, Oak Brook or Rosemont.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would recommend Oak Park if for some reason you don’t want to stay in the city. It’s 15 minutes to downtown with multiple transportation options and good restaurants.

Otherwise yes, what others have said. West Loop for trendy foodie paradise. River North/West if you want to be close to shopping but this would be mostly big condo high rises. Lincoln Park/Lakeview/Old Town are north of downtown but still close and very nice areas. Wrigleyville is further north from there. Logan Square is nice but further northwest from downtown than the others.

Public transportation is pretty good in Chicago relative to other big cities.

Siliconemelons

Hope you get to ride on the L train that is a big homo LGBTQWWTBBQ+ advertisement for free heathcare - that was a highlight of my time there, knowing I could get free healthcare by just saying I am uncodumented and then not answering any basic heath questions like "are you male or female" etc... but i mean they never would dare ask that OR assume it..i mean according to the adverts.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
SF is past that point now. Almost all the advertisements now are related to weed.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's Pequod's and it's not really close. All the others are good, but they're very close in quality. Pequod's stands alone at the top.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's Pequod's and it's not really close. All the others are good, but they're very close in quality. Pequod's stands alone at the top.

I do also like Uno's. I used to eat there like 2-3 times a week when I worked in Chicago.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Adebisi Adebisi

Pequods is shit. It's over priced, strange tasting, burnt (carmelized!) pizza. Dunno what is good in Chicago, but that's not it.

If your a flaming hipster, go for it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
LachiusTZ LachiusTZ proves his ineptitude by saying burnt carmelized cheese is a negative.

No, carmelized is great.

Burning some shit, calling it carmelized so hipster faggots will have some reason to say its great instead of trash, is a negative.

Pequods is dogfood, pretentious white people dog food.

Its just your pretentious affluent white people dog food, so you defend it. But it really sucks, imo, for pizza. Dollar value its by far the worst, cause its just about the most expensive pizza I have ever had too.

Hell, I'd take little ceasars or cicis over it. (Well, cicis from 1999-2001ish?, guessing its still the same. Same with little ceasars.)

There is good food in Chicago, but that isnt it.