Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried to give this another shot. I bailed out with s1. started back up with s1ep 11. the xmas episode. And was so furious by the end, I said fuck it, and gave up trying the rest.
The writers are just so shit, and can't keep their premise straight. They are witches. they are evil monsters.
"we seem to be fighting demons alot" yes you are. for demon worshippers.. why is that happening?
"ambrose you have to leave, she hates men." "protects children"... uggggggh.
"oh no, its the solomons baby test. zelda can't let that baby die!" .... Evil witches. wtf don't you get.
zelda crying about giving up the baby. ... ffs. the comic made it clear. Witches can not cry. they don't cry. they have no remorse, or regret, or shame, or compassion. Sabrina can, since shes half human. I'll admit, I don't remember if that was established here, I think it even was...
"mom is a good ghost, and she loved her father, and tried to unite humans and witches in harmony..." oh FUCK off. comic mom. Gaslighted by evil witch father. raped, and put into an institution after giving birth to Sabrina. dad curses her leaving her a paraplegic, and insane. shes alive and Sabrina doesnt even know.

Comic Hilda and Zelda do join Sabrina against the coven. not from compassion, or love... but because they have Pride in the Spellman name. and, greed, as they reckognize Sabrina as being very powerful, and chosen consort of Satan.

This show just refuses to have the female witches as bad. I'd be willing to bet the current seasons have them all as Sister moon goddess, Triplegoddess, Keridwen, or hecate witches tricked by the evil male patriarchy into worshiping that mysogynist Satan.
FFS even Buffy got this right. Vampires lost their souls and became assholes. Even reoccurring characters, even the "not entirely evil" characters. Without their souls, they feel no compassion, or remorse.

Shipka so cute though..

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, watching this is kind of a chore because the writing is such a fucking mess. The aesthetic though for me is so great and Shipka as Sabrina is $ so I'll wrap this up. But yeah, this was majorly ruined by SJW bullshit writing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
This show has such a great concept and a cool retro/50's/alt-universe look to it. But holy shit is it all style and no intellect. It's like SO many other shows (esp Netflix ones). There is clearly a budget, there is clearly acting talent, there are definitely smart design and production people, but man the writers are simply retarded!!!! The dialogue is beyond stupid and the plot lines too dumb to continue watching. It's painful and it had all the right elements for greatness, just lobotomized from the start.

Somehow, "Another Life" seemed similar... All style and "homage" but stupid to it's core...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user