Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
It takes a lot of skill to be as effective as most other classes. The problem is most archers aren't very effective. I hate when they just hang back 100 yards and try to snipe and basically either hope for a lucky hit or are just playing sniping wars with other archers. If the archers are up close and not too far behind the front line, then they can be useful.
I prefer to get pretty close as an archer. That, and I play in third person mode which makes shooting the bow a little bit easier.

And I agree, melee does take skill. I will always get dropped by a skilled player (not that great to begin with). But too many of the players just run in swinging over and over, without parrying or dodging and stuff like that. So that is why I play archer more often than not. That, and it is always great to drop someone coming at me, when I know they are thinking I will be an easy kill lol.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im getting into secondary weapons on my vanguard. Talk about fucking with people. Come in heavy with a huge claymore then swap to a short sword is throwing a lot of people off.

If anyone wants to duel or train me or vice versa I am down for an empty server kind of deal.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've been playing for ~6 months and agree, the game is a shit ton of fun though pretty shallow. I've gotten pretty decent at Knight w/ heater shield and 1h hammer (use 3rd person centered camera); quite satisfying to explode a head with an overhead hammer crush. Two-hand hammer on the knight is also devastatingly powerful but very slow.

Anyhow, if any groups are playing together I'd be super down. I'm in the German timezone (GMT+2) so it's hard to play stuff with (n?e)FoH'ers these days but I make an effort!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Been playing this a little bit with some other guys from the board, just random servers. Definitely good times.

Chopping people down with overhead 2handed swings is pure fun.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Archers don't bother me too much unless it's the wide open field Team death match. Then they can all die in a fire.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
besides seeing behind/around you any benefits from 3rd person? i didnt even notice the option

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm pretty bad at this but I'm having a blast joining random servers for slaughter. Probably the best purchase I made during the sale.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Vanguard with a pike is pretty damn deadly. I can often take out 2-3 in a group before they finally gank me. That extra long reach is brutal if the person doesn't close the gap properly.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I managed to unlock the halberd, which seems pretty damn good in the limited amount of time I've used it. I see a lot of guys absolutely destroying people with great swords and claymores though.

My biggest annoyance so far is being noticed by an archer just before he's in my reach. If I don't kill him with the first hit he usually has his dagger out and is spamming it like mad before my second swing. At that point he either is attacking too fast for me to block all his attacks and kills me or he manages to interrupt any attack I attempt until someone wanders by and beheads me. At least I still manage to have plenty of fun while I figure things out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I managed to unlock the halberd, which seems pretty damn good in the limited amount of time I've used it. I see a lot of guys absolutely destroying people with great swords and claymores though.

My biggest annoyance so far is being noticed by an archer just before he's in my reach. If I don't kill him with the first hit he usually has his dagger out and is spamming it like mad before my second swing. At that point he either is attacking too fast for me to block all his attacks and kills me or he manages to interrupt any attack I attempt until someone wanders by and beheads me. At least I still manage to have plenty of fun while I figure things out.
Catch then off guard with a over head chop, then lunge to push them away, if not dead the last hit is dependant on what they do next. Also don't forget to kick them when in your face like that.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Played about 20 minutes so far. Very gratifying. From reading posts here first things I need to figure out is 1)try 3rd person cam 2)figure out how to lunge and 3)how to kick.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played about 20 minutes so far. Very gratifying. From reading posts here first things I need to figure out is 1)try 3rd person cam 2)figure out how to lunge and 3)how to kick.
Third person is trash and limited on lots of servers anyhow, lunge and chop are bound to mouse wheel up and down, F is kick.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Third person is trash and limited on lots of servers anyhow, lunge and chop are bound to mouse wheel up and down, F is kick.
Why do you think third person is trash? Because it gives more of a view? I personally like it mainly for archery.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It is superior for archery you are correct but for melee when millimeters count you need to be in first person.
Granted I only use 3rd person when I Heater Shield up on Knight, but fuuuuck 1st person with a heater shield. Not fun running around and seeing only 50% of the screen =/

Azziane_sl

shitlord
It is superior for archery you are correct but for melee when millimeters count you need to be in first person.
I tried 3rd P. last night and it felt better on 2 handed weapons with side swings. I had less trouble keeping guys in front of my swing with the larger view. I landed a lot more swings. I did not land a single overhead swing or stabs (lunge?) though. I think I'll try 1st P again with a larger FOV.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
I prefer 3rd person as well and had no problem topping the list with it on public servers the last time I played. It gives better situational awareness and I can actually see where my blade is going during the full swing so it's easier to avoid hitting teamates. If you're into hardcore dueling or something then 1st person may be the way to go but it feels too restrictive and claustrophobic to me.