Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
As far as I could tell when it comes to blocking, the way you are facing is a big determination on how well it will block or if it will block at all. But I have thought that sometimes my blocks weren't happening, when they should have. Just always thought I was being bad at it lol.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
You have to center the enemy's weapon on your screen (the tip of it i think?) when it connects to your shield. That's what the tutorial said anyway.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fought several duels today as a vanguard.

Against a Knight
- Sword + shield combo: He did this slash + shield bash + kick chain that was pretty much demolishing everyone. People said he was hacking and maybe he was. He was getting about 2 attacks a second. I don't remember which type of sword attack he came with. The speed of blows he was raining on me was pretty rough. Hacker or not he owned me hard every time. I tried to range him with my swords.

Against a MAA
- Feint + foward pierce with a shortsword did me in a couple of times.
A different MAA with throwing spear would run from me and do a jump+spin while his spear was cocked and launch it right into my face. Found it to be devestating + annoying.

Against an Archer
- Fuck archers

On several of the fights I came in with my Vanguard charge then swapped to secondary. Its good against newer players but your attacks are so slow they are easily interrupt-able/blockable.

Overall I'm going to avoid my Vanguard for a bit.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Hopped into a private duel server and got a 26 man bracketed tournament going over a live stream. Was tons of fun, we were all different skill levels, and seeing the 2 fighters do the occasional fist fight to the death is hilarious.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
been stuck on retrieving servers for like half hour, this happening to anyone else? restarted steam and such.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
been stuck on retrieving servers for like half hour, this happening to anyone else? restarted steam and such.
This issue would happen quite often for me. Never figured out how to fix it. Would just stop playing for the day and when I played next it would work.

Also had troubles with after selecting a server to go to, it wouldn't load and then the server list would not refresh without quitting and reopening the game.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I had that problem several times but restarting my PC seemed to fix it each time. I think the server browser actually crashes my router. I've seen this happen with Dayz's server browser (commander) too. something to do with it using too many connections or something.

In other news, I can't seem to get any better at this game. I'm never very sharp with "shooters" (term used loosely for Chivalry) but I usually see a net and quick progression in my skills in the first dozen hours. I'm roughly 1:1 on my KDR and have not gotten better since day 1. And 1:1 is not "decent for a noob" when you know I pick my fights fairly carefully and get a good quarter of these kills by circling and stabbing people in the back when they're busy running or fighting someone else.

Anyway. Any other tips (playing vanguard with the 3rd sword atm mostly) would be welcome.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I had that problem several times but restarting my PC seemed to fix it each time. I think the server browser actually crashes my router. I've seen this happen with Dayz's server browser (commander) too. something to do with it using too many connections or something.

In other news, I can't seem to get any better at this game. I'm never very sharp with "shooters" (term used loosely for Chivalry) but I usually see a net and quick progression in my skills in the first dozen hours. I'm roughly 1:1 on my KDR and have not gotten better since day 1. And 1:1 is not "decent for a noob" when you know I pick my fights fairly carefully and get a good quarter of these kills by circling and stabbing people in the back when they're busy running or fighting someone else.

Anyway. Any other tips (playing vanguard with the 3rd sword atm mostly) would be welcome.
If you are using big slow ass Zweinhander you need to pretend to run away and then quickly do a 180 either overhand or horizontal attack into a thrust just start the swing before you after you are turning, catches people off guard for a few easy kills before they catch on at least.

Or go spear and just spam wheel down attacks while back peddling, only the best of man at arms can get close to you.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Greenmangaming is selling the 4-pack ofChivalry:Medieval Warfarefor 20 bucks after using the code: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

Reposted this from the Steam deals thread, figured some of you guys might want to get your buds into it.

It gives you 4 separate codes to copy/paste from your Games page of your GMG account.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I think I have logged enough hours to ask why in the blue fucking hell would anyone ever not play a two hander in team objective maps? I can see MAA being decent in duels or small, close quarter situations. But that shit just does not happen in Team Objective map. If you find yourself in a 1v1 situation on a "stop the fucking corpse cart" map then you have got to have issues with your fucking daddy. You have to. Because the objective is not"wait-in-the-bush-for-7-minutes-and-ambush-(hey-realized-ambush-might-have-something-to-to-with-bush-which-totally-makes-sense)-a-guy-with-a-2-hander-who's-going-to-rape-you-anyway-and-yes-your-dada-might-have-said-that-getting-a-positive-KDR-really-is-all-that-matters-but-in-reality-when-you-come-right-down-to-it-your-daddy-said-a-whole-many-things-that-just-have-not-worked-out-for-you-and-oh-jolly-jesus-is-this-not-working-out-for-you". The objective is not -that-.

I bolded the important part.

In any case, in a game that has objectives I feel that not having a two hander does not allow me to do well in said objective. As an MAA you have less reach, which means you have to be in the melee or dancing like a girl on the outskirts of it. You also have less "arc" which basically means you can't AOE when AOE is half of the battle. And you have less damage when as a two hander vanguard you can pretty much 2-shot anything (except maybe knights?) - in your AOE arc.

I have gradually lost interest in the objective maps and began to enjoy duel maps exclusively. This is not really a rant as I have been playing a 2hander vanguard from the start. But I do wonder if my frustrations are founded - whenever I do fancy playing an MAA.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I hate the majority of 2h vanguards; they're just as liable to kill you as they are the enemy.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Still playing this and getting a lil better. I almost exclusively play duels and FFA lately. Team objectives where nobody cares about objectives got old fast.

I like the multi-team map idea from that video. Sounds like FFA with just a little less FFA in it.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
j0NOiSN.jpg

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So the new DLC came out with 5 new types of warriors. Pretty fun overall and the gameplay feels much improved. I love that ninja's yell is "Shhhhh".

Unfortunately, game is still buggy as fuck like the original. Sometimes you won't get xp, game crashes randomly, servers can bug out at times. Though when you can play, its really fun.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
It's a pretty fun addition to the game. While it's pretty silly right now in terms of balance, bugs, etc, the Torn Banner gents are very stand up in terms of getting fixes, patches, etc out.

Viking is beast.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
sorry to necro but google isnt giving me a clear answer is this DLC free? gonna be getting my new pc soon so gonna fire this bitch back up.