Chronicles of Elyria - new mmo

Maric

N00b
I really hope this team gets the funding needed to make this game. Love everything I've read and seen.

Dartoxer_sl

shitlord
I really like what I'm seeing so far. I seriously fucking hope this doesn't end up like Revival/Greed Monger/Embers of Caerus/Pathfinder online (still kicking but looks pretty bad IMO).

I just want a Sandbox MMO with decent gameplay damn it.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I like it too, but the aging process seems incredibly fucking harsh as is for people who either play a lot or like challenges.

To begin with, the base spirit loss for a death is 2 real-life days of play, each time you are forced to Spirit Walk.

So that means that if you are someone who dies very rarely, maybe once per month, and would have otherwise lived an average lifespan of approximately 12 months, then at the 11 month mark you would have shaved off approximately 22 days of play time, ending your character's lifespan. Put differently, someone who dies on average once per month can expect to live an average of 11 months without needing to buy a new Spark of Life.

Now, let's assume you die a bit more frequently, maybe once per week. Each death would shave off the same 2 days of play time. As a result, every 7 days would actually count as 9 days of play time. If you divide the average of 354 by 9, you get approx. 39 weeks. So if you're someone who dies an average of once per week, you can expect to live approximately 8.75 months without needing to buy a new Spark of Life.

Continuing on with the same model, if you died an average of 2 or 3 times per week, you could expect to live for either 7.25 months, or 6 months (rounded to the nearest week) respectively.

Now let's assume you die very frequently. You're out adventuring every day doing extremely dangerous activities. Every day you die once. That means every day counts as three days of play time. The average of 354 divided by 3 is 118 days. That's 16 weeks, or approximately 3.75 months before you need to buy a new Spark of Life.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they have a successful KS. Just looking at the team, they will be plagued with the same lack of positions most of these startups are. They need programmers, world builders and artist. It's good they have a 3d character artist and animations person this early tho. I feel like they could have shown more in their KS based on the current team and $$ invested.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I hope they have a successful KS. Just looking at the team, they will be plagued with the same lack of positions most of these startups are. They need programmers, world builders and artist. It's good they have a 3d character artist and animations person this early tho. I feel like they could have shown more in their KS based on the current team and $$ invested.
Actually, there is quite a bit of information on the game out there, but i don't understand why they didn't link those videos on their KS page. It probably helped that they had a fair amount of press on sites like MassivelyOP well in advance of their kickstarter; plenty of people already knew about this game.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
300k first full day...

I am still on the fence about it , all these opinions help..thanks.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Interesting, it's over halfway - 4270 contributors with an avg pledge just over $107.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
can't say I really see the appeal of the combat either.. looks like fencing with hot pokers up their asses

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
It all sounds interesting, but I'm having a hard time envisioning how they're going to get most of these features in and working, let alone having money/time to iterate and refine

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It all sounds interesting, but I'm having a hard time envisioning how they're going to get most of these features in and working, let alone having money/time to iterate and refine
They claim they raised around 500k and had a 500k investment before the KS to get started. I would assume, if the KS funds, that they will move to pledge packages on their site for future funding like most other indie games. But yeah, I am not sure how they are going to pull it off. While it's not the game for me, i do hope they do.