Chronicles of Elyria - new mmo

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I predict a lack of funds hitting this game and people's money getting lost as the dev team splits one member at a time.

In the end you'll get a shitty fencing simulator or nothing at all.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game just sounds like a few dozen 'good ideas' on a white board. Super ambitious.

If they can pull it off, could be revolutionary. But I'm too skeptical to think they'll pull it off with such a small team and budget.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My first impression of their featurelist was that they rounded up every ambitious feature that has been promised in the past by other projects (but never materialized) and clumped it together. Half of those features are can of wurms, the other half requires huge funds.

My second impression was that each and every screenshot or little video is still some mockup so not funding this.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I find the ideas of "characters make permanent marks on the world" and "permadeath" to be contradictory. With one another. I also don't like the idea that the payment model is tied to permadeath. It could end up saving money compared to a $15 a month sub but it seems like really inconsistent revenue for the devs.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I predict a lack of funds hitting this game and people's money getting lost as the dev team splits one member at a time.

In the end you'll get a shitty fencing simulator or nothing at all.
Or they could release the fencing simulator as a "module", the sieging simulator as a module, and then a separate shard with housing where you can put all your trophies from module 1 and 2.

Maric

N00b
I hope they have a successful KS. Just looking at the team, they will be plagued with the same lack of positions most of these startups are. They need programmers, world builders and artist. It's good they have a 3d character artist and animations person this early tho. I feel like they could have shown more in their KS based on the current team and $$ invested.
To be fair, many of the dev houses having issues filling programmer roles are in not so coveted places to live (Camelot Unchained - Fairfax VA.). These guys are in Seattle. It literally rains programmers in Seattle.

Also, we're 5 days into the Kickstarter. They are most likely holding a few Aces up their sleeve. I'd be shocked not to see something big in the next 25 days.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
Watching this one but I'm afraid its trying to do to much. I have seen many games try to do to much then end up getting nothing right.

@ Maric love your Hellion DD avatar! Just started playing it.

Treesong

Yes, it is obvious that this will fund. There is usually a sprint at the end too, when the last minute people get in or people up their pledges.
I am usually pretty optimistic about kickstarters but I am afraid this one will take all the money that is pledged into the abyss.

Unless they show Crowfall-fast progress with some of these features they are promising, so they can lure in some real investors. Showing a (scripted?) avatar doing 360's on a horizontal bar and then promising
Jump, dodge, flip, parry, climb, and more in CoE.
with real-time combat where players can create their own combo's? That's triple A stuff for an experienced dev-team (like some of those bigger martial arts mmo's from the far east).

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
From what I'm reading, everything hinges on the success of the story engine, which makes EQ Next and storybricks sound like child's play. They are boasting that everyone will have a unique and evolving story that provides players with dynamic, personalized content and goals. All of these paths somehow come together into an epic saga, which will be different on every server.

It doesn't matter how much progress they make until they have that working... which will happen right after Pantheon breaks WoW's subscription record.

yeah.. that they would include vaulting to me raises a red flag. of all the things they could be working on.. i get it if someone was bored and added it as a novelty(still not a good use of time) but still i wouldn't show it let alone market it as such.

it looks like a hodgepodge of ideas. the sum of the parts is not visionary.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It seems like every day they reveal some amazingly ambitious feature to this game. For a bunch of people who've never worked on a released MMO and had to fund through Kickstarter they are way too ambitious and this game is doomed to fail. They are basically tossing as many cool ideas as they can out there to get people interested, which got them funded, but eventually they will actually have to produce this stuff. This game sounded pretty incredible at first, but not it just sounds like a pipe dream.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It seems like every day they reveal some amazingly ambitious feature to this game. For a bunch of people who've never worked on a released MMO and had to fund through Kickstarter they are way too ambitious and this game is doomed to fail. They are basically tossing as many cool ideas as they can out there to get people interested, which got them funded, but eventually they will actually have to produce this stuff. This game sounded pretty incredible at first, but not it just sounds like a pipe dream.
agreed. Wish them well but it's not likely they deliver. The have 1 programmer? I doubt he has prototype these systems to the point they can definitively say if doable either way.

Treesong

Yes, this is the ultimate vapourware. I honestly feel like the pledgers are taken for a ride here. The blogs are just long walls of text that are basically "wouldn't it be cool if", yet looking at the comments people gobble it up and are already imagining themselves as that one special snowflake ("working on their Necromantic research") in a world full of serbs. Lol, even triple A games usually never make it past a few crappy and boring mini-games when it comes to that shit. Just to name one feature they throw out there(research).

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
As an example, it takes 1/2 a year in-game to traverse the continent, it takes the same time for someone to traverse the US.

In terms of actual land, it's almost exactly the size of Taiwan and larger than over 50 different sovereign nations.
This week's big claim is that it will take you 48 real life hours to cross the world map. Sounds great, right? Huge open world that takes literal days to cross. Ok, now fill that map with content...on a Kickstarter budget and no experience! LOL.

This game has to be a giant scam, or these guys are so naive it's incredible. I feel sorry for the people who backed this game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
jesus! I didn't even know that made that claim. This reminds me a lot of that Citadel of Sorcery game. way over promised features