Cigars and Cigarettes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I always smoked at someone else's house, had to give it up because no one invites me over anymore

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I bought a few H. Upmann Coronas Major for my fishing trip. Not bad.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
My newest addition that my local shop gave me.

Room 101 "Uncle Lee"

r4o8tnC.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Kicking to page 1.

And no love for pipe tobacco?

Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Navy Flake & Orlik Golden Sliced. C &D Night Train.

Just ordered 3 types of Peter Stokkebye RYO cig tobaccy, I have heard great things.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
My powermatic mini injector and zen full flavor tubes just showed up today. I popped in some Danish Export and shot out a first cig, its very nice. US cigs used to taste like this, they are so full of garbage now. When you travel to Aasia you notice Marlboros taste like they did in the old days, why we export better product than we sell at home I don't know.

p_stok_danish.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ashton VSG or Ashton ESG are my go to. Interestingly, I don't like any other Ashton's I've tried. When I have a knowledgeable cigar person available and I tell them what I like, they will suggest other things and so far they've all been good too. I just can't ever remember what they are the next time I make a cigar buy.

I built a deck so I'd have a place to smoke cigars. My wife thinks it was her idea to build it.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I personally love cigars I was curious if any of you guys were herfers.

Hers's a shot of my humidors: The cabinet was modified quite a bit, link to the build if anyone is interested:

Humidor project
002b.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I personally love cigars I was curious if any of you guys were herfers.

Hers's a shot of my humidors: The cabinet was modified quite a bit, link to the build if anyone is interested:

Humidor project
View attachment 64703

Your setup and collection is spot on sir. I've been wanting to do a real herf or wineador setup, just haven't really had the time to and kept putting it off. I am getting really sick of having multiple humidors (I have 3) as I don't remember what cigar is in which, so I have to dig through them.

Last edited:

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
What's a good recommendation for an entry level humidor? And some decent, "beginner" type cigars to stock it with? I doubt I'll ever get super in to cigars, but a lot of my friends are starting to, so I figure having a humidor with a small selection would be the gentlemanly thing to do. Personally I'm at the point where I'll smoke a cigar and enjoy it, but I couldn't really tell you the difference or even a preference from one to the next.

Greyform

hang out on the cigar.com forum read the "what are you smoking tonight thread", avoid a lot of the crap you see on most online retailers . make an account get to know some of the guys. we'll set you up right. there are some free seasoning packs floating around. don't do the wipe down method you see on youtube it's a good way to ruin your seal. use the Boveda packs, it takes a couple of weeks to do it right. but starting out right will save you from screwing the humidor up. once you're set up I'll send ya a 5er of some pretty tasty sticks.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
What's a good recommendation for an entry level humidor? And some decent, "beginner" type cigars to stock it with? I doubt I'll ever get super in to cigars, but a lot of my friends are starting to, so I figure having a humidor with a small selection would be the gentlemanly thing to do. Personally I'm at the point where I'll smoke a cigar and enjoy it, but I couldn't really tell you the difference or even a preference from one to the next.

The best easy and entry level humidor is to set up a coolidor. A cooler, dis-infect it (wipe it down with 90% alcohol and then air dry), and get a bunch of Heartfelt beads. Holds humidity perfectly and easy to maintain. Realistically, you cannot get a inexpensive humidor that's worth a damn (cheap humidors leak), you will have a spend a few hundred. Cheaphumidors.com is some pretty decent stuff if you're dead-set on a wood humidor for entry-level, but they'll likely have some small leaking..

In terms of good sticks, Padron will ALWAYS be a pleaser. I am also a big fan of Tatuaje, Oliva, Ashton, Nica Rustica (Drew Estates), Undercrowns (Drew Estates), and RoMa Craft (these are my favorite sticks right now).

Greyform

if you go the coolidor rout clean it with baking soda to get the funky plastic smell out. I have one for the stuff I probably won't smoke (probably ever) but I really like my humidors for the good stuff. Also I would go Boveda way before beads. Here's a guy who went beads and you can bet he wishes he didn't

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
if you go the coolidor rout clean it with baking soda to get the funky plastic smell out. I have one for the stuff I probably won't smoke (probably ever) but I really like my humidors for the good stuff. Also I would go Boveda way before beads. Here's a guy who went beads and you can bet he wishes he didn't

That guy is an idiot... He filled his one bag up full of water to re-humidify the beats and didn't really leave any beats dry (to absorb excess humidity). His issue was he seems to have 0 idea how to do beads properly (and it isn't a hard science either; you only re-humidify 60-75% of your beads and leave the rest dry).

Also, from what I saw, his collection is basically all trash tier or below average smokes (with few exceptions of course). I don't think losing a few 5 Vegas, Partagas (the American company, not the Cuban one), Macanuados, and some other cheap cigars is much of a loss.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, when I said "entry level" I meant "I don't want to spend thousands or something ridiculous", not "tell me how to build a hobo humidor". Obviously I don't need anything large or ridiculously high end, but I have no problem spending several hundred bucks on something decent, if that's what it costs. I forgot to mention that I live in a ridiculously dry climate. In the winter months, the relative humidity in my place is ridiculously low, as my humidifier is broken and it's a pain in the ass to fix due to a bunch of shit to do with the condo's heating system and common property rules etc. When the average outdoor temperature is -10C to -20C and there's no humidification, the RH indoors is damn near in the single digits.

Thanks for the tips on cigars.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't know anything about humidor brands. Cigars are a lot like coffee in that anyone that can discuss them is probably a little anal/snooty.

Get bigger than you think, avoid glass.
Get a lot of beads (65% imo) to fit the size, there are calculators. I've used cheap ones from cigars international and they've been fine.

A few boxes of Padrons and olivas would prob set up great for a base go to smoke and then get pepper in some expensive Cubans to pull out when you're trying to fuck. Get a decent cutter and butane lighter.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Just picked up a few Sweet Jane's for a Vegas trip with my brothers. I know jack and shit about cigars so..here's hoping for the best.