Cities Skylines II

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Lol the music was cracking me up.

nnnsss nnnnsss nnnsss nnnssss nnnssss nnnsssss nnnnssss nnnss nnsss nnsss nnnnnssssssssss

The focus on multi-lingual was pretty faggy, but I'm sure the 3 players in Kathmandu appreciated it.

Game will be fantastic, looking forward to many hundreds of hours played.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hope they don't make 60 mediocre DLCs this time.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hope they don't make 60 mediocre DLCs this time.

troy-laugh.gif

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 10 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I was thinking about pre-ordering it the last couple days but then I saw its recommending a 3080 and i'm a poor still using my 2070.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was thinking about pre-ordering it the last couple days but then I saw its recommending a 3080 and i'm a poor still using my 2070.
Lol nerd I have a 2070 SUPER!

I should probably bite the bullet and upgrade to a 4090 before ww3 but the cheapskate in me wants to wait for the 5 series

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol nerd I have a 2070 SUPER!

I should probably bite the bullet and upgrade to a 4090 before ww3 but the cheapskate in me wants to wait for the 5 series
Yea i've been not-so-seriously considering building a new pc for the past year or so. It's always hard for me to do until it's mandatory tho because I get stuck in the oh but if I wait a couple weeks then the +gooder version will come out or there will be sales. Randomly just threw together a 7950x3d and 7900xtx with 2x48gb ram for 2800 on pcpartpicker that I now have to talk myself out of throwing on my cc...

it's coming to gamepass isn't it? Just do a trial of that to see how well it runs
Ah, I think I have a free month of game pass that came with the tablet I bought that month that I can still activate, altho if the above video is accurate I don't think I even need to try.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Pretty bad if it is that poorly optimized. Though I can see a detailed city builder needing a pretty good system as the city gets bigger and bigger. Curious what system content creators have from the videos I have watched about this game. Never really saw any hitching,lag or such. You did see the occasional graphic glitch(Car in the ground, or vehicles weird out when they collide) and you did see pop in on some things like bushes/trees at a distance. But it looked gorgeous and seemed to play well, even after the patch that improved all the textures. Were all these guys on 4090s?

I will say though, that guy, if he really wants to play games with "everything on" and not in 1080p with things on low, he should probably upgrade from a 2080, more so if gaming content is part of his job.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
3080? For a city builder? Does this run like an asthmatic hi...
ooohh

Yeah my favorite thing to do in city builders is to create the absolute biggest city possible. Not going to bother if it's just a steady march to low FPS.

• 1Hodjing

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
3080? For a city builder? Does this run like an asthmatic hi...

ooohh

Yeah my favorite thing to do in city builders is to create the absolute biggest city possible. Not going to bother if it's just a steady march to low FPS.

How did no other reviewer notice this? LOTS of reviewers had copies of this game but this is the first I've heard of it. This youtuber also mentions Elden Ring wouldn't work for him either.

I'm gonna go with: something is wrong with this guy's setup, moreso than him simply having a 2080. I have a friend who always has issues with his PC, reminds me of him.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They were definitely a number of people who had issues with the PC version of Elden Ring at release. I don't think it was super widespread but it was a small vocal minority on message boards.

Also, when the game publisher comes out and says they have performance optimization problems before release, I think you can take that as a sign of it not being great. I'm sure a ton of these streamers and YouTube people that have pre-release versions have maxed out computers and that's why they wouldn't see such an issue.

Caliane

that was always the concern. They added all these systems. and cityplannerplays guy specifically noted all the teaser vids were DEVOID of traffic.

I will say, we do seem to be at that point of generational upgrades. Like I said with starfield, couldn't play it. my 1070/i5 6600 no longer can play current games.

Should his 2080 be good enough? dunno. Like people have noted these games are built on long term DLC, so it makes sense to also build them for future PCS, not old pcs.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Original game had similar problems a long time ago. It got fixed quickly.

• 1Like

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah my excitement for this game went from very high to pretty low, seeing how poorly it runs. I have a 5800X3D, 6900XT, and 96gb of RAM and it appears I will probably be getting about 20 fps but we will find out on Tuesday.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was under the impression these city sim games are more CPU dependent.
If I had to take a wild guess - the traffic and similar AI things are handled on the video processor since thats the strongest path for those functions/equations. Sort of how Nvidia is selling units dedicated to the entire field.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If I had to take a wild guess - the traffic and similar AI things are handled on the video processor since thats the strongest path for those functions/equations. Sort of how Nvidia is selling units dedicated to the entire field.
But that's stuff specifically coded to do that from a cluster computing standpoint. Not necessarily live real time processing. Games are still CPU AI threaded since you have a single thread ultimately controlling the synchronization of everything to run it in real time. (or at least that's my understanding).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah my excitement for this game went from very high to pretty low, seeing how poorly it runs. I have a 5800X3D, 6900XT, and 96gb of RAM and it appears I will probably be getting about 20 fps but we will find out on Tuesday.

This. Though I am more the middle ground. Still excited but its dulled by the optimization talk. Since I am on a 7800x3d and 6800xt. I don't expect huge fps, but I would hope over 20. Even as it seems I treat this like most other games I play and turn off or lower some settings(Shadows, fog, sky, draw distance, ground clutter etc) to gain some performance. Not sure I will buy right away anyway, will see. Though little worried as I do want to play it in 1440p.