Civilization VI

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm waiting on this one until there are some sort of reviews or reveals about multiplayer. Still not even sure if they will have hot seat local multiplayer in it that Civ 5 had as there has been basically 0 talk about multiplayer.

First people are already complaining that multiplayer games flat out crash in the late game.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Is there anyone on this thread who thinks Civ 4 was the best ever made, until Civ 6 came out?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Some interesting tips

Fuck I hate that this shit is in youtube form now adays. Give me a list I can skim in 30 seconds instead of a 5 minutes video god dammit! Fuck. I can't even understand this heathen.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Is there anyone on this thread who thinks Civ 4 was the best ever made, until Civ 6 came out?

I think it's not even an argument that this is the best vanilla (no expansion) release civ we've had. I'm going to put some serious hours into this, and I can't wait for some xpacs.

Still trying to figure out if there is a penalty for spamming cities. That's one thing this game needs to work on, most of the information is there somewhere but it's pretty unintuitive finding it.

edit: going wide is like the first thing the heathen in the tip video talks about but I have to keep rewinding and relisting cause I can't understand this fucker.

ok so there is no penalty, pretty silly really IMO.

Last edited:

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think it's not even an argument that this is the best vanilla (no expansion) release civ we've had. I'm going to put some serious hours into this, and I can't wait for some xpacs.

Still trying to figure out if there is a penalty for spamming cities. That's one thing this game needs to work on, most of the information is there somewhere but it's pretty unintuitive finding it.

edit: going wide is like the first thing the heathen in the tip video talks about but I have to keep rewinding and relisting cause I can't understand this fucker.

cities don't have such stout inherent defense like the previous ones do they? First game i played some fucker just waltzed right in on like turn 15 and took my shit.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
cities don't have such stout inherent defense like the previous ones do they? First game i played some fucker just waltzed right in on like turn 15 and took my shit.

In the beginning ya, you got pretty much 0 defense. If you don't have a couple ranged defenders a few warriors will come take your shit. End game plays out pretty similarly so far.

About 30 turns away from my first science victory and have had 2 end game crashes so far.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus. They still haven't found a way to speed up AI moves.

it's this bullshit that every unit needs to use their movement points, even if they're just being walked back and forth because the AI doesn't want them to go anywhere. Now that city states also run around with twice or three times the units, all these units need to be moved every single fucking turn even though they serve no purpose other than getting in your way.

If the AI were capable of just fortifying again, you know like in Civ 1, that would be a huge step up in performance and difficulty. As it is right now, just wait for the shuffle to deliver the weak ranged units to the front, then strike.

Dumb, dumb and dumb.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I skipped 5, don't really have the patience for any games except DOTA 2 these days. Am at about 1400 AD on my first game of 6

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Btw, didn't they plan on giving us the ability to combine arms, ie different units into one army?

Did they scrap that for that rather mediocre +10 +7 system?

Del

Vyemm Raider
AI trade negotiations are super easy to exploit. You can easily trivialize the game. Unreal that it got past QA.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Btw, didn't they plan on giving us the ability to combine arms, ie different units into one army?

Did they scrap that for that rather mediocre +10 +7 system?

No you can later in the game after certain cultural research (i think). Should be able to combine 2 halfway through the game then 3 towards the end. I think it's cultural though that unlocks it, probably to balance it out so you can't rush science and destroy the world. If you rush the culture you're going to be behind in the unit advancements.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider

Like that video said there's no unavoidable penalty to spamming cities but apparently settlers and builders get more expensive the more you build, AND each copy of a luxury only supplies 4 cities. Want a 5th city? Find a second salt (or whatever).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Yeah, you don't get the bombard ability until you put up walls.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No you can later in the game after certain cultural research (i think). Should be able to combine 2 halfway through the game then 3 towards the end. I think it's cultural though that unlocks it, probably to balance it out so you can't rush science and destroy the world. If you rush the culture you're going to be behind in the unit advancements.

I think that's what he's talking about. When you combine you don't get double stats. It's +10 CS then +7, I believe (like he said).