Clarkson's Farm

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gryphawk

Trakanon Raider
It's hard to tell what's real and what is scripted in this show. That town hall meeting where they were going to vote on the restaurant it seemed like more people were in favor of it than against and then when they actually voted the large majority of people voted against. It seemed like at least half of the people who voted against, originally spoke in favor but then voted against.

Who knows how much of that is done for dramatic effect to create a "challenge" for the "team" in later episodes.
Do not underestimate the sheer small mindedness, NIMBY (not in my back yard), utter dickheads that local government, local council, local town halls can be in the UK; and they sure as fuck don't want to see an outsider come in and be a success. He needed to have had family there for at least 10 generations to even be considered an adopted local.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do not underestimate the sheer small mindedness, NIMBY (not in my back yard), utter dickheads that local government, local council, local town halls can be in the UK; and they sure as fuck don't want to see an outsider come in and be a success. He needed to have had family there for at least 10 generations to even be considered an adopted local.

Oh no doubt, but also... its probably some showrunner intervention as well.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I keep watching more of this. I just saw the episode with the attempt at an appeal and the cost involved.

It absolutely boggles the mind how shitty the UK seems to be, because of the government tyranny. I swear, it has to be the worst country in the western world to live! NO logic. NO common sense. NO freedom of any kind. Fucking bureaucrats existing and being pieces of shit simply to validate their own existence and paycheck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I keep watching more of this. I just saw the episode with the attempt at an appeal and the cost involved.

It absolutely boggles the mind how shitty the UK seems to be, because of the government tyranny. I swear, it has to be the worst country in the western world to live! NO logic. NO common sense. NO freedom of any kind. Fucking bureaucrats existing and being pieces of shit simply to validate their own existence and paycheck.
4 of the 5 eyes are full on police states now. UK is where you can get thrown in jail for saying trannies aren't women.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I really hope there is a 3rd season. Look at the date on the video, it was before he talked bad about the Royals here recently and the Cancel Club set their targets on him.

Current status from what I have seen is unknown still.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I binged this recently and while some of the stuff was pretty silly, I really felt like it captured the joys and agonies of agricultural life. The anxiety of not enough or too much rain, the not making any money, the sadness of some animals dying and others that you would like to kill, etc. That shit is real. So are a lot of the newbie mistakes he makes. I wish I could say I have never taken 72 tries at backing a trailer into a shed like that. Ditto for fucking up your lines planting etc. Nothing like spraying a 100 acre field and then the weeds don't die in the spots you missed so all the neighbors can see exactly how bad you are at driving a sprayer.

I have occasionally felt like the USDA is up my ass but apparently I should be grateful I'm not in the UK. That shit was insane. All the NIMBY stuff reminds me of living in California.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Clarkson's always been gold. I'd be a bit shocked if Amazon didn't run at least a 3rd season. Even the lady loves this show. It's over the top funny, but an interesting watch even aside from that.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
it was before he talked bad about the Royals here recently and the Cancel Club set their targets on him.
Damn I didn't realize. It popped up on youtube shorts. I hate the very idea of shorts but I couldn't resist clicking on that one.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The wife and I are binging this and about to finish season 2. Being first generation in the city from the farm, and still having relatives in that life I can attest to a lot of the pain and stress he sees. (Like the random nod or shake from the weather gods putting you deep in the green or filing a loss for an entire year) Although seeing how he has to wrestle with the local council is something I've never seen any of my Ag relatives have to contend with, at least not on that level by a long shot.

Since she and I plan on buying land and moving out to the country next year (although we're thinking something like a 20-50 acre spot which at best would be a hobby farm) it's interesting seeing her react to things I had to do at my great grandparents farm as a kid.. (like killing livestock (chickens) , delivering calves, etc) and her realizing she's going to consider every animal on any farm we have like a pet. To which I have sympathy for how tasty she'll have to learn some pets are.

Seems we're getting season 3 next year and they're about to start filming season 4.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users