Cobra Kai

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's the new age, where they don't reboot stuff from 20-30 years ago but instead you get to see how the characters turned out in "present day". So your childhood stays intact and they can actually play into the fact that one or more of them became depressing losers as adults just like their actors.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just finished this, great all around, cant wait or a season 2.

Had expectations of childhood raping, but it didn't really work out that way at all. Much better then i hoped it would be

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seems like they aren't taking themselves too seriously from the first episode. I think that definitely helps.

Plus having a different character being the focus instead of Daniel.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Been watching this today, pleasantly surprised at how respectful this is to the originals, from using the same locations, film score and soundtrack

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I literally don't think they could have done any better with this. Absolutely perfect.

The way they blend the 80s Johnny with the culture of today's kids, was just fantastic. He gives no fucks at all. But at the same time it at least shows some humanity on his side, and doesn't turn him into another John Kreese. Very curious to see how that is going to play out into next season though.

When Johnny and Daniel are driving in the Charger together and start singing REO Speedwagon, holy shit I just about lost it.

Can't wait for season 2.

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Way better reviews than I expected. I plan on watching it soon. I remember reading Zabka was nominated for an Academy Award for something he wrote. Dude obviously has talent. He was also hilarious in Hot Tub Time Machine.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Watched all 10 episodes and loved it.

The Kreese reveal was awesome and we were surprised the direction they took Miguel towards the end.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finished the series and it's clear this was crafted out of love and respect for the originals by real fans.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Binged the entire thing in one sitting. Excellent show! If you liked the original movie and the 80s, you’ll love this.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
That was really fucking good, not sure how much further they can take it without it dragging, but I'm onboard for more.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Watched the first 2 last night, signed up for the trial month today and watched the rest.

This was fantastic.

I expected it to be silly garbage and was completely wrong.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Cringey. Fun.

I wouldn't recommend it, but if you like the franchise you'll get your money's worth.

• 7Dislike
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Cringey. Fun.

I wouldn't recommend it, but if you like the franchise you'll get your money's worth.

Don't know why a rare sensible Himeo Himeo post is being downvoted. It is fairly cringey/cheesy in places e.g. The dorky new generation of Cobra Kai but the affection for the originals makes up for that

Reflecting on it further I think some of the throwbacks are overdone, e.g. The stop off at Daniels old apartment doesn't fit into the plot but is included for the feels.

Not sure how many more throwbacks further series will have left

• 2Salty
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Best season 1 of a show since Game of Thrones.

Every character was important every subplot was engaging. It had character development and plot twists.

You knew where it was headed and at the end I had no idea who to cheer for.

This should of been on netlfix or fucking HBO.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Don't know why a rare sensible Himeo Himeo post is being downvoted. It is fairly cringey/cheesy in places e.g. The dorky new generation of Cobra Kai but the affection for the originals makes up for that

Reflecting on it further I think some of the throwbacks are overdone, e.g. The stop off at Daniels old apartment doesn't fit into the plot but is included for the feels.

Not sure how many more throwbacks further series will have left

from the ending you can tell they are doing a "Next Generation" type thing with the girl starting karate and Daniel opening his Dojo. They can start pulling from the second and third movies as well!

• 1Worf

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Loved the first season some great eighties nostalgia mixed in. After discussing this with my girlfriend we came to three very important moral lessons. One disputes should be settled on the battlefield in one on one combat. Two parents should try to live their lives through their kids as much as possible. Three chics dig a cobra kai man..strike first, strike hard, no mercy.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
3 episodes in, this is the best thing ive seen in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time and I even wasnt a big fan of Karate Kid to begin with

• 1Like