Cobra Kai

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just ended up staying up 3 hours past my bed time and marathoning the whole thing

loved the whole season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My wife and I burned through the whole thing today and we loved it,

The best line was at the end: “Medic!”

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just finished all of them. Great show. I loved that Johnny didn't have a cell phone or even know what email was and anytime he was watching TV it was something from the 80's.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha I’m only two episodes in but I love how they have an Asian guy as the popular dude and bully, way to break those stereotypes

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Caught this over the weekend...Absolutely awesome, great homage to the original films.. Screw Hollywood bullshit, sequels like this are where it's at.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Neve took itself too seriously yet hit all the right buttons on the action and drama. Even little shit like them debating whether the red uniforms should be red or blue. That red uniform is a meme in itself.

Come on who wasn't reevaluating the first movie when Johnny recounts the story of the "bully Daniel Larusso"? The splicing of the film footage with the narrative was spot on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't believe how much I enjoyed this. Looking forward to the next season.

Neve took itself too seriously yet hit all the right buttons on the action and drama. Even little shit like them debating whether the red uniforms should be red or blue. That red uniform is a meme in itself.

Come on who wasn't reevaluating the first movie when Johnny recounts the story of the "bully Daniel Larusso"? The splicing of the film footage with the narrative was spot on.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode 1 and 2 are free on YouTube - wife is huge fan of the franchise and loved these too. I found the acting and action weak, but I'm willing to freesub to watch the whole thing.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Binged it over the weekend with my wife, it was amazing. Truly a show that needs to come to the masses. The awkward 80s throwback scenes were incredible.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeeaaah this was absolutely fantastic, first tv show / movie to actually make me feel things in a long time, good to know im not a completely emotionless robot after all. Some really funny moments too.

I thought for sure Kreese would show up if he wasn't dead IRL. Im wondering what direction they'll take it now because Johnny was definitely aware he was close to becoming what he hated and seemed to have grown at least a little as a person.

Lizzy Shue has got to be nailed on for the second season, im assuming she thought it would tank but anyone who was in piranha 3D cant be too picky right? Used to have the biggest crush on her back in the day.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Caught a few episodes & gotta say Cobra Kai is some wistful 80s fuckin' awesome retarded mong shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just got around to seeing this.

I love how almost all of the main characters ended up on opposite ends of the good guy vs bad guy scale from where they began. Daniel's the only one who stayed consistent, but even he had some douchy moments

Can't wait for season 2.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Very excite.

I'm stoked. This is one of the best new shows I've seen in a long time. Really hope they don't try to make Cobra Kai into the 'bad guys' now. They should really try to emphasize that strength is not a bad thing, its not any worse or better than the "belonging" Daniel's Karate Studio tries to emphasize, its just a different character trait (And all traits can be good or bad depending on how they are used). I think that's one major point people enjoyed from the first one because its so rare to see it anymore today--that its OKAY to feel good about being strong, and strength can be an incredible force for good. Will be really disappointed if somehow that strength supposedly corrupts them, or some shit, or being strong naturally leads to "oppressing the weak". But I'm genuinely hopeful after seeing the first season and how they handled illustrating Johnny being a sympathetic character and really the hero of his own story (We just never saw his story).

I think with Creese back they will flirt with the above, how emphasizing strength can become a bad thing--but as said, I hope Johnny illustrates there is a healthy way to do it also (Since he seemed to be growing in that regard, understanding his students more). Also kind of hope Daniel's "everyone feels welcome" is shown to have its own weaknesses--just like in the original how Miyagi's inability to accept threats were real sometimes got Daniel into real trouble. (I think part of the reason I enjoy the two dojos scenario is it has a very strong Yin/Yang aesthetic, Cobra Kai's theme is very yang/masculine, hard and direct, while Daniel's is yin, soft and welcoming. Its nice when a show explores that both these sides have flaws and strengths, both can be harmful and helpful, which is why they compliment each other so well--they fix each other's flaws. If they can pull off writing it so Daniel and Johnny become friends and see how these two forces compliment each other, they will really show something that has been totally lacking in modern entertainment, which would be really, really nice.)

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm stoked. This is one of the best new shows I've seen in a long time. Really hope they don't try to make Cobra Kai into the 'bad guys' now. They should really try to emphasize that strength is not a bad thing, its not any worse or better than the "belonging" Daniel's Karate Studio tries to emphasize, its just a different character trait (And all traits can be good or bad depending on how they are used). I think that's one major point people enjoyed from the first one because its so rare to see it anymore today--that its OKAY to feel good about being strong, and strength can be an incredible force for good. Will be really disappointed if somehow that strength supposedly corrupts them, or some shit, or being strong naturally leads to "oppressing the weak". But I'm genuinely hopeful after seeing the first season and how they handled illustrating Johnny being a sympathetic character and really the hero of his own story (We just never saw his story).

I think with Creese back they will flirt with the above, how emphasizing strength can become a bad thing--but as said, I hope Johnny illustrates there is a healthy way to do it also (Since he seemed to be growing in that regard, understanding his students more). Also kind of hope Daniel's "everyone feels welcome" is shown to have its own weaknesses--just like in the original how Miyagi's inability to accept threats were real sometimes got Daniel into real trouble. (I think part of the reason I enjoy the two dojos scenario is it has a very strong Yin/Yang aesthetic, Cobra Kai's theme is very yang/masculine, hard and direct, while Daniel's is yim, soft and welcoming. Its nice when a show explores that both these sides have flaws and strengths, both can be harmful and helpful, which is why they compliment each other so well--they fix each other's flaws. If they can pull off writing it so Danial and Johnny become friends and see how these two forces compliment each other, they will really show something that has been totally lacking in modern entertainment, which would be really, really nice.)

I just wanted to say I enjoyed your post. I've loved the Karate Kid trilogy (there were only 3 movies, not 5!) my entire life, and watch them yearly. I never realized that about Miyagi and his inability to accept threats, but you're totally right, every movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I agree with Lithose. I would hate to see it just slip back into the good v bad, effectively the same roles as the movies.
What was so impressive about the first season was how they didn't just flip it around, which would have been interesting in its own right, but but provided depth and complexity and explored the grey areas in between, with all the characters having some good and bad in them and seeing how they fluxxed back and forth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users