Cobra Kai

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Couldn't be happier. Like the show is so cheap, but it's fucking great. I think I'm on Ep 3. The stuff with Johnny and the internet is cracking me up so hard. I love that there's a Karate Kid universe.

Anyone rewatch the originals? 1 and 2 are some of the best movies ever made.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit the slow burn to episode 10 is amazing. Gotta give props to those kids for everything. The fact that the writers pull you in and make you give a shit about every character is top notch.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
YouTube red(or whatever it's called now) also comes with a Google Music account. It's really a good deal at 10 bucks a month. I prefer Google to Spotify anyway. I'll probably watch this over the weekend. Sounds like this is as good as season 1?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
It never gets old listening to Johnny give out solid parental advice and following it up with "stop being such a pussy".

Just finished season 2. This show is fantastic.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Midway through was getting kind of annoyed with them doing to "strength" what I was afraid they'd do--linking it to becoming inevitably about oppression/bullying. I felt like they did a good job of showing the positive strengths of being strong (Confidence, progress, productivity ect), too. However, also felt they were a little heavy handed delving into the darker side of strength (Winning at all costs, obsession, oppression/bullying). Meanwhile, it felt like they emphasized the good sides of compassion/acceptance, without really touching on the downsides.

But then the final nailed home one of those downsides--exactly what I was hoping when I posted what I wanted to see in S3. Compassion blinded Miguel to a threat, and was exploited to a devastating consequence. (Just like I mentioned how Miyagi was always pretty blind to threats until they were literally hurting someone). I hope they go more into that in S3, the dark side of compassion--how compassion without strength is essentially asking to be a victim, even in the face of decent people (Because everyone gets angry and everyone can lash out, and if you're not strong make people apprehensive about losing control, you'll be a doormat for them.) But loved that final epilogue/lesson that it was mercy that fucked Miguel, and compassion, the desire to be inclusive that blinded Daniel to a lot of problems around him.

Hope they keep exploring the complexity between the two themes and eventually both Johnny and Daniel learn why their respective schools are complimentary, how they both make up for what the other lack and make each other better. Would be a great theme to go into S3 with.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
YouTube keeps jamming free episodes down my throat.

I haven't been able to visit YouTube without them saying "but I got these two Cobra Kai episodes mannnn", as if they were trying to give me cheeseburgers.

The word of mouth here looks good-- not what I expected!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Episode 3 had me rolling with Johnny discovering the internet. Episode 4 has me hooked for the (hopefully legal!) chick joining Cobra Kai.

It's possible I'm inebriated at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
just finished, Cant wait for this to keep rolling out.

Was so afraid of this raping my childhood memories when i first saw it, really sucks you in though

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Just finished binge watching season 1 and 2, jesus what a great series. They do a good job exploring both sides of the story of Johnny and Daniel, perfect job of expanding on the original movies. I can't wait for season 3.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
Picked this show up recently from listening to what you homos gotta say, now I'm a homo. Shit is contagious; binged 8 eps last night.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Stumbled across this show and boy, talk about nostalgia. I could do without much of the teeny bopper feelz romance (I want to punch LaRusso's daughter in her smiley face), but Johnny makes the fucking show.

The episode where Johnny gets together with all his whole karate buds because one is dying, was some serious feelz nostalgia that made me tear up-- not because the buddy was dying of cancer, but because I realized I'm the same age as these guys, with some of the same regrets. Good show.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally I no longer have any reason to buy youtube red again. And hopefully the move gets this series the viewership it deserves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users