Cobra Kai

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For being a YouTube show for the first 2 seasons, it was way better than I thought it would be. Netflix picking it up for season 3 makes it seem more promising.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Enjoyable!

Also... Chozen and Kumiko are apparently in an episode of Cobra Kai season 3. Karate Kid 1 and 2 are, in my opinion, basically perfect movies. To me, part 2 is deeper, more emotional, and the better movie, but it only works because of the foundation and relationships that were built in part 1. The bond between Daniel and Mr Miyagi is wonderful, especially when Daniel is consoling him about his father having passed. Something something, student becomes the teacher.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit drops in a minute. Ready to binge the shit out of this.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not as excited for S3 as I was for S2, but I'm going to start watching it. I hope there's not too much bullshit about the cripple, I still think they should've killed him.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Like

Merrith

I'm not as excited for S3 as I was for S2, but I'm going to start watching it. I hope there's not too much bullshit about the cripple, I still think they should've killed him.

If they killed him, could basically throw away any idea of competing dojos out the window. Shit would be closed down.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If they killed him, could basically throw away any idea of competing dojos out the window. Shit would be closed down.
Yeah don't worry about that. In a realistic world any chances of competing dojos would have been out the window from the savior of season 2: the massive fight scene in the school.

• 1Like

Merrith

Yeah don't worry about that. In a realistic world any chances of competing dojos would have been out the window from the savior of season 2: the massive fight scene in the school.

Having watched a few episodes, and knowing how most educational institutions handle shit, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if some tried to do the exact same dumb shit the show did.

Although I have to say the PTA meeting or whatever was fucking hilarious with some of the hecklers.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Having watched a few episodes, and knowing how most educational institutions handle shit, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if some tried to do the exact same dumb shit the show did.

Although I have to say the PTA meeting or whatever was fucking hilarious with some of the hecklers.

I loved that one called Daniel the bully, which is one of those funny (and accurate) takes on Karate Kid, I’ve seen a handful of videos on that idea before. Love it.

Fucking Karate Kid 1 & 2 are in my top ten (where the duology/trilogy occupies one space) of all time. They are just fantastic and incredibly well done. 2 has some ridiculously emotional scenes, a truly beautiful movie.

Edit: yes I’m a giant faggot. Completely had tears in the “miyagi love letters” part of S03E04.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Look, the show is what it is. If you can't handle a show where everyone settles issues with karate fights, where a minister leg sweeps a drunk in church, and where rival karate gangs regularly engage in all-out brawls, you came to the wrong place. I mostly watched the whole drop: It was OK/good; it does its thing and goes from really great emotional beats and laugh out loud moments to telenovela. Johnny is an awesome character but everyone gets more time to breathe and grow a bit. You get some important time with Kreese and his backstory as well. The kids' stories were less annoying but they do make an effort to give everyone a believable backstory as to why they are on whichever side they are on, some more believable than others (cough Robbie and Tory).

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Ok just finished the season. Show is just completely absurd and ridiculous and it's great for what it is. Holy shit it's just so dumb yet entertaining.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We don't need to punch. Let's go get brunch.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
not much, u?

I fucking laughed so hard. It was genius. First he had the ten page all capital letters reply, then the perfectly narrated voice over reply, then that. Lmao.

Johnny kills it with every line. #hashbrown that. “What’s a swirly?” Honestly he reminds me of Larry David in Curb, where they are so believable that when they do stupid shit I legitimately cringe and feel anxiety for them because I feel like it’s actually the real person doing that action.

I hope he gets some kind of movie soon. He’s just wonderful and so dead pan funny.

• 2Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The scenes with just Johnny and Miguel are the best.

• 2Like