Cobra Kai

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
4.55 star(s) Rating: 4.55/5 11 Votes
Title: Cobra Kai

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2018-05-02

Creator: Josh Heald, Hayden Schlossberg, John Hurwitz

Cast: Ralph Macchio, William Zabka, Jacob Bertrand, Mary Mouser, Nichole Brown

Overview: This Karate Kid sequel series picks up 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and finds Johnny Lawrence on the hunt for redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai karate dojo. This reignites his old rivalry with the successful Daniel LaRusso, who has been working to maintain the balance in his life without mentor Mr. Miyagi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider

PBgWEJi.gif

The slow and steady demolition of my childhood continues.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
7fEjcoql1zC12tMiXRM7YvWyzgl.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Cobra Kai[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE][/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]This Karate Kid sequel series picks up 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and finds Johnny Lawrence on the hunt for redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai karate dojo. This reignites his old rivalry with the successful Daniel LaRusso, who has been working to maintain the balance in his life without mentor Mr. Miyagi.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

PBgWEJi.gif

The slow and steady demolition of my childhood continues.

Like we needed even more evidence that Hollywood ran out of ideas in the early 90s. Guys like Scream just don't have that magic. They are either copying the decades of comic book ideas, copying movies from before, or copying someone's book. Bleh.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was obsessed with the Karate Kid 2 as a child, top the extent of telling my parents my name was Daniel

I have the limited edition trilogy film score CDs, the pan pipe music is great to nap to

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Watching the shit out of this, don’t care how absurd it looks to be. I love me some Karate Kid

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ladro

Anomaly
I will admit, that actually doesn't look terrible from a sequel perspective. I might have to watch this. Can't believe they got the original actors... sad there's no Mr. Miyagi though.

• 1Like

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah somehow I'm actually on board with this. I like that they took an fan/meme theory and just rolled with it - Daniel growing up kinda smug and douchy feels right.

It'll come down to how well they play the rivalry between Johnny and Daniel, and I don't see how much potential there is for multiple seasons, but looks like it could be fun in the meantime.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If they keep this tongue in cheek it will be fine. Just kind of funny and memey instead of serious.

I mean a LOT has happened since Karate Kid came out. (Fuck, I feel old, I remember seeing it for the first time in school as like a 2nd or 3rd grader, at a school that's no longer a school since the building was closed and later re-purposed.)

If we're talking just the martial arts world, tournaments like in the movie used to be a huge thing back in the early 80s, but that pretty much went away in the 90s, what with the advent of MMA, UFC, and Gracie's BJJ. Straight vanilla karate is basically a joke in Martial Arts circles from a pure combat perspective now. Not to mention, if we're talking action movies, Karate Kid is before shit like Van Damme and Seagal came along, upping the action ante. Then more recently, shit like Tony Jaa and The Raid movies upped the action/martial arts movie ante into the stratosphere, making anything else seem tame by comparison.

If we're talking culturally, it's amazing how the Cobra Kai were asshole bullies back then, but the modern USA is BEGGING for an injection of asshole behavior, and I'm actively rooting for Billy Zabka in that trailer over Car salesman LaRusso. Hell, if they'd just left out Daniel-san, and made it about how the world is finally ripe for Mr. Lawrence to make the Cobra Kai take off, not as a martial arts school per se, but a counter-cultural way of living that has been forgotten (and btw will get you tons of pussy, lol) it'd be far more interesting IMO. I can't help but be afraid they'll ruin this aspect of it somehow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
First two episodes are up free.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database