Coffee Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Update. Decided on the french press I want. Went with the Bodum Chambord french press. 34 Oz and 12 oz. Plan on using the 12 ozer to make my overly strong morning coffee/expresso. And the 34 ozer to make my cold brew for summer and regular coffee for winter. Thought about the aero press, but plastic and dispoable filters is a turn off, and as a 7-11 cold coffee warrior I'm sure I can cope with missing out in some way if it's somehow superior.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Update. Decided on the french press I want. Went with the Bodum Chambord french press. 34 Oz and 12 oz. Plan on using the 12 ozer to make my overly strong morning coffee/expresso. And the 34 ozer to make my cold brew for summer and regular coffee for winter. Thought about the aero press, but plastic and dispoable filters is a turn off, and as a 7-11 cold coffee warrior I'm sure I can cope with missing out in some way if it's somehow superior.
i have gone through 1 bodum and 2 starbucks french press...

mainly b/c they fell from my kitchen counter over the years

ordered a metal one years ago
b7bf034d3712fb687b70c933e3dc0581.png

i don't use it, but i still have it around in my cupboard just in case, just like the moka pot and ceramic/porcelin tea pots

i would heavily reconsider the aeropress, with fresh beans, there are very few ways to beat the cup of joe from an aeropress, imo it should be your benchmark of great coffee

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I also have a completely stainless steel french press after losing my previous two to child-related breakage. There is no difference to the taste between it and glass.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
i have gone through 1 bodum and 2 starbucks french press...

mainly b/c they fell from my kitchen counter over the years

I'm not too worried about breaking it. And I'm new to this, so the idea of seeing what I'm doing definitely appeals to me until I get a feel for it. I strongly considered a stainless steel one, and I'm definitely not hating on the aeropress. These things are all cheap enough to me that I'll probably get one once I'm more used to it and start snobbing up about coffee. 30-40$ really isn't that big a deal.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I also have a completely stainless steel french press after losing my previous two to child-related breakage. There is no difference to the taste between it and glass.
yea i'm unlucky w/ coffee glass, used to have a set of double insulated coffee and espresso things
c32b215d2d9dcc110a6f8b3894892b78.png

so easy to shatter

now i just use fucking mugs and nalgene bottles, i'm too old to pick up glass

hell, i give my wife her late in a novelty alcatraz tin, that thing is awesome
s-l400.jpg

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
If you want a good quick easy cup of coffee, get an aero press

Which one? I think one cup at a time would be just fine.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
aeropress go is actually a smaller aeropress that holds less oz, when the number1 complain of an aero press is that it doesn't hold enough oz, so what you get is a travel solution that fits in a cup

just get the regular, it's also cheaper on amazon

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Scooped a new nespresso model during the Mother’s Day sale. Shame I’ve been drinking Keurig piss for this long. Thanks to all who posted in here.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Scooped a new nespresso model during the Mother’s Day sale. Shame I’ve been drinking Keurig piss for this long. Thanks to all who posted in here.
cool, i remember you wanted to get one aa few months back

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I recently received a bag of this as a gift. If boutique chocolaty coffee sounds good to you, I cannot emphasize how fucking amazing it is. Good enough to make me seriously consider that insane price. I might buy a bag just for the smell.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My ninja coffee bar finally died, greatest coffee machine I've ever owned. Thing made some damn delicious coffee. Now I'm just waiting on another to go on sale, until then I'm on the cold brews.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My ninja coffee bar finally died, greatest coffee machine I've ever owned. Thing made some damn delicious coffee. Now I'm just waiting on another to go on sale, until then I'm on the cold brews.
not coffee, but my newest gadget is a ninja pressure cooker
517de5e32ef603287807e9b56532b773.png

so far it has replaced my old instapot (it was working fine, no complaints), but it seems to work better? than the instapot, at least the curries i make taste more "infused", and the airfrying is amazingly easy, i did also hope it could replace my rice cooker, but not, it's not the jack of all trades, but still "good enough", looks nice on the countertop too

i'll be putting ninja as a preferred appliance next time i want a new toy

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This one?
Ninja CF090CO https://a.co/d/8uzeIM9

The idea of something ’fancy’ like that is appealing but I just don’t drink enough coffee. Usually it’s just 1 cup in the morning, so I do pour over. For family/friend gatherings we have a basic Cuisinart 12cup coffee maker. Works well enough with decent quality fresh ground beans.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This one?
Ninja CF090CO https://a.co/d/8uzeIM9

The idea of something ’fancy’ like that is appealing but I just don’t drink enough coffee. Usually it’s just 1 cup in the morning, so I do pour over. For family/friend gatherings we have a basic Cuisinart 12cup coffee maker. Works well enough with decent quality fresh ground beans.

That's the one, I did mostly cups or large cups. The flavor was coffee shop level good which really surprised me. You just have to make sure to clean it monthly or it'll fail quickly, I neglected mine towards the end and that's what killed it.

EDIT: I got it on sale for 50 bucks, they have the new one for 100 on slickdeals currently.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
instantpot is going out of business, why does this matter in coffee thread? they tried to branch out and they made a cold brew machine at 150$

it's now dropped to 60bucks, gonna play with a new toy this weekend
455b4801104f683e20d705cc40788835.png

there was another machine that did the vortex infusion, but it doesn't auto shut off, thats really the only reason why i'm choosing this model.

i'll also be doing an extra step off filtering w/ a coffee filter, i hate any particulates

have to stop by costco first, they sell don pablo at half the price of amazon

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users