College Basketball 2017-2018 Season

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
0-135 throughout over 30 years is not bad. Beside a million little caesers pizzas cost what? 5 bucks to make?

UVA totally had a bad night and overlooked their opponent. If this had been a traditional 1 seed camper I wouldn't have felt bad, but I do for UVA.

With Haas going down with that elbow injury, their potential matchup against Nova just got much tougher, and they still have Butler to face. Granted, the Boilers destroyed them in December, but they had Haas then. Ugh we are just cursed when it comes to March.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
As an Arizona fan: thank you Virginia.

EDIT: Worst/best sports upset all-time. I can't think of a bigger upset in my lifetime.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Does Villanova beating Georgetown count?

Bigger stage but this was still the bigger upset.

The differential between the overall #1 seed and a team that squeaked into the tourney as a 16 by making a last second buzzer beater in their conference tournament is much bigger than an 8 seed that was an in-conference rival to Georgetown. Villanova beat a #1 and two #2 seeds to get to the championship. I know there was a huge point spread between the two, but looking back, it probably shouldn't have been considering what they had already done up to that point.

Consider that this has never happened before AND it was the worst loss by points of a 1 seed in ALL rounds of the NCAA tournament. A 1 seed has never lost by that many points EVER and it was to the 16 seed.

It was bound to happen eventually but that was insane and I'm glad it wasn't my team to hold this particular honor.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
All the heavy hitter competition for Cincy keeps getting eliminated. Please don't choke against NV tomorrow. Please don't. I definitely think Cincy can make it to San Antonio.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Cincy does have a fairly easy road to the Elite Eight at least and possibly Final Four. I still can't believe Kansas has either Duke or MSU to get through and Xavier has Gonzaga followed by either UNC or Michigan. Talk about getting shit on. Hell, they gave UVA what I considered by far the easiest bracket and they couldn't even beat the early cakewalk.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
A&M is going to the sweet sixteen?!?! That Jimbo Fisher sure works hard!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Classic Cincy sports. Bummer Cincy had to give me so much hope with a 22 point lead.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Cincy does have a fairly easy road to the Elite Eight at least and possibly Final Four. I still can't believe Kansas has either Duke or MSU to get through and Xavier has Gonzaga followed by either UNC or Michigan. Talk about getting shit on. Hell, they gave UVA what I considered by far the easiest bracket and they couldn't even beat the early cakewalk.

@Amod request name change for zzeris zzeris :

The_Jinx_%28miniseries%29_POSTER.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Figures with all the crappy 1-3 seeds going down all weekend Rhode Island gets in the same side of the bracket as the best team in the Tourny Duke.

I was hoping it would be another Miracle like in 98 when we knocked off the 1 seeded Kansas team led by Paul Pierce, and Raef Lafrenze but it was not to happen....