College Football 2014-15

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Jameis Winston has below average hand size for elite QBs and a lot of the current recruiting class... Not this shit again...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
please let Winston's Wonderlic score leak out...

There's a lot of positions in the NFL that you can get away with being a dumbshit as long as you're a freak of an athlete...QB is not one of them.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Driving into work this morning listening to Mike & Mike on ESPN radio and they said they were told that Jameis is actually really smart and could have gotten into Stanford. Not sure how I feel about that statement haha

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
please let Winston's Wonderlic score leak out...

There's a lot of positions in the NFL that you can get away with being a dumbshit as long as you're a freak of an athlete...QB is not one of them.
Bridgewater had a low Wonderlic score... Some of the highest Wonderlic scores are also some of the worst QBs in the league.

I think he had actually the lowest score of the QBs drafted last year (and by a fair margin). Bortles being the highest? Manziel not much lower than Bortles.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Bridgewater had a low Wonderlic score... Some of the highest Wonderlic scores are also some of the worst QBs in the league.
True that Wonderlic isn't the only indicator of being able to be a good NFL QB, but there is kind of a bare minimum that you have to score to be competent, and that bare minimum looks to be about 20 (out of a max of 50). Legend says that Vince Young scored a 6. It also looks like 25+ is where you want to be if you want to be above average as a QB.

Here's the scores of some NFL Qbs that was compiled as of a couple years ago

Blaine Gabbert - 42
Alex Smith - 40
Eli Manning - 39
Matt Flynn - 38
Colin Kaepernick - 38
Matt Stafford - 38
Andrew Luck - 37
Tony Romo - 37
Sam Bradford - 36
Christian Ponder - 35
Aaron Rodgers - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Tom Brady - 33
Matt Ryan - 32
Matt Schaub - 31
Phillip Rivers - 30
Andy Dalton - 29
Nick Foles - 29
Drew Brees - 28
Kevin Kolb/ EJ Manuel - 28
Peyton Manning - 28
Mark Sanchez - 28
Russell Wilson - 28
Joe Flacco - 27
Josh Freeman - 27
Brandon Weeden - 27
Jay Cutler - 26
Carson Palmer - 26
Ben Roethlisberger - 25
RGIII - 24
Cam Newton - 21
Jake Locker - 20

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...s_starting_qb/

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone watching the NFL Combine?

Kevin White of WV just made himself a TON of money this weekend. 6'3" 215 wr and he ran a 4.35 40 yard dash. The only 2 WRs that were faster weighed 185 and 156 lbs and were under 6 feet tall. White was already going to be a 1st round pick, but that probably bumped him from maybe middle of the first round to definitely top 10. Should be the 2nd WR taken behind Amari Cooper, and some teams might value him above Cooper.

Green-Bekham from Mizzou didn't do too terrible, ran a 4.49 at 6'5" tall and 237 lbs. Dude is large, he's almost closer to Gronkowski size than Cooper/White size. He could probably benefit from dropping 10-15 lbs though, when he was playing at Mizzou he was right around 220lbs, he got a little out of shape sitting for the past year. Still, if you can run a 4.49 while being a little out of shape, dude could be a freak at the next level if he get's his idiot head on straight.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Anyone watching the NFL Combine?

Kevin White of WV just made himself a TON of money this weekend. 6'3" 215 wr and he ran a 4.35 40 yard dash. The only 2 WRs that were faster weighed 185 and 156 lbs and were under 6 feet tall. White was already going to be a 1st round pick, but that probably bumped him from maybe middle of the first round to definitely top 10. Should be the 2nd WR taken behind Amari Cooper, and some teams might value him above Cooper.
The guy is a beast. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him taken over Cooper just based on pure athleticism. Cooper is probably more polished but I think White has a higher ceiling with the ability to physically dominate whoever is covering him.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Chris Conley(WR) of Georgia came out of nowhere to have a hell of a weekend as well, he tied Kevin White's 40 time, and is only an inch shorter(6'2") and his vertical (45") beat everyone else by 3 inches or more, no one was close. He jumped 9 inches higher than white, and a full foot higher than Amari Cooper. That's nuts.

He just might have worked his way from a mid-round grade up to the late 1st or 2nd round.

His production last year wasn't stellar, only had 36 catches for 600ish yards on the season, but he seems to be a workout warrior. He might Darious Heyward-Bey himself WAY up the draft chart just from his workout.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
His vertical wasn't just the best this year but ever I believe as well. Will be interesting ti see how he drafts.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Dan Marino had a wonderlic score of 15. Exception, not the rule, but a QB has to glance and make a split second open/not open based on what he sees. Favre had a 22 and Peyton Manning had a 28.

A sample question of "If rope costs 10 cents a foot, how many feet can you buy with 60 cents?" I can see how it might be relevant, or how it might not.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Dan Marino had a wonderlic score of 15. Exception, not the rule, but a QB has to glance and make a split second open/not open based on what he sees. Favre had a 22 and Peyton Manning had a 28.

A sample question of "If rope costs 10 cents a foot, how many feet can you buy with 60 cents?" I can see how it might be relevant, or how it might not.
The questions are not difficult in the sense of advanced math or etc, but it comes down to asking 1 question regarding math like you stated, then the next one is over something completely different. Basically have to be able to switch mental-thinking quickly. You also have a 12 minutes of time to answer 50 questions (that's the difficult part). Engineers for instance average 29-30 on the Wonderlic. Accountants around 28

It isn't as easy as you think.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I just finally cared enough to know Winston raped a white chick. I thought it was a black chick and that's why it was swept under the rug.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but how well can he mean mug? Also, I hope this "find-the-largest-kids-possible-who-have-some-athletic-ability-then-teach-them-how-to-football" thing becomes a trend. I am all for it.

rrr_img_91946.jpg