College Football 2014-15

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but how well can he mean mug? Also, I hope this "find-the-largest-kids-possible-who-have-some-athletic-ability-then-teach-them-how-to-football" thing becomes a trend. I am all for it.

rrr_img_91946.jpg
Even his nose is fat. That's impressive.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mixon shattered that girls face too. OU's hypocrisy is ridiculous. The RB coach's quote is so bad.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Some of the documents related to the NCAA's USC sanctions came out today. Hiring Lane Kiffin is a sign of lack of institutional controls according to the NCAA.

NCAA releases documents in USC-McNair case, many with negative tone - LA Times
Not that this isn't surprising, anybody with half a brain that read the original report on the sanctions new it was a rail road job. The worst 200 pages haven't even been released yet but just in reading this it becomes clear as day they had nothing on USC and they didn't even care. Paul Dee can rot in his fucking grave that hypocrite. For the most part the alumni had already moved on but this is going to reopen some pretty raw wounds for a lot of them. Good for McNair to finally make sure this saw the light of day.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Tennessee going with the "offer everyone a scholarship, and hope that a few take us up on it" approach

6_3543163.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Obviously it shows that the better you are, the more focused your recruiting is and the less scholarships you have to offer, as a higher % gets accepted. If you're Kentucky, you have to throw out 300 offers in the hopes that 20 stick. Bama can get their 25-30 on 1/3 as many offers.

It's kind of a vicious cycle, if you're already good, you can devote more time per recruit to really get to know them and make sure they are going to fit your system/school. If you're bad, you're just throwing darts and its a total crapshoot, perpetuation the bad performance as you get kids that might not be a good fit, but you gotta take what you can get. Its damn hard to get over that hump of missing bowl games more often than not, to being a 9-10+ win team regularly.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Some of it is also your nearby recruiting base and the number of schools in your state/area. At first I was surprised by Florida, then I remembered they've got FSU, Canes, and everyone else trying to poach recruits from their state.

Tennessee does not have a large local base to go to, so their recruiting all over the country. LSU has no in-state competition and top flight prospects every where they turn.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So in a deposition Charlie Strong could not remember the starting QB's first name and claimed he did not know who called the offensive plays in our bowl game last year. I'm officially worried.