College Football 2014-15

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fuck that, Florida State is GOOD. I hope you beat them, it makes our conference look better. Then I hope we beat you. The only team I hope loses every game is A&M, because fuck those guys.
I think they're damn good as well - certainly a much better team than OSU. I hope we win, but a number of miraculous things would have to go in our favor. I reckon OU can go through conference play without a loss and would have a decent shot of meeting FSU in the natty. It's weird, as I get older I just don't live and die by CFB (or CBB for that matter) like I did just out of college,so I don't particularly mind a good OU team like I used to. Strange..... Mo money mo problems I guess!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they're damn good as well - certainly a much better team than OSU. I hope we win, but a number of miraculous things would have to go in our favor. I reckon OU can go through conference play without a loss and would have a decent shot of meeting FSU in the natty. It's weird, as I get older I just don't live and die by CFB (or CBB for that matter) like I did just out of college,so I don't particularly mind a good OU team like I used to. Strange..... Mo money mo problems I guess!
Go through conference play without a loss? Dog, we smoked 'em last year with this dude playing QB and this idiot coaching:
6_741847.jpg

OU is fucked!

So how crap is Texas going to be this year?
No clue at all. Texas has a really hard schedule. Impossible to predict since nobody knows what we are going to get from the QB position. 4 and 5 stars at every position that were under-coached for their entire careers up until now. Unless a QB steps up it is going to be a lean 2 years or so.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think it is just getting further away from college for me. I remember not understanding why OU and Texas fans hated each other until I went to OU/TX weekend as a freshman. I had on my OU shirt at the hotel and the first UT fan I saw was another college age dude that walked up and yelled 'FUCK OU' right in my face. That was beginning of a 6-10 year period of hating all UT and OSU fans just because of where they went to school.

Then I got a job with Dell, the Dell whose home office is a few miles North of Austin. All of the managers they brought to OKC to start the site were UT grads and they were recruiting OU and OSU heavily. Once I had to start working with them and getting to know them past where they went to school it became very hard to not like them based on that. Sure, there are still annoying ass fans that are myopic about their team, and if I see a huge group of nameless UT or OSU fans I mutter 'screw those guys.' It just isn't anything like what it was in and right after college.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends on the school for me. OU people are generally fine. Most other schools I don't care. Baylor and TCU are full of douchbags since they don't know how to handle being relevant. The only people that I generally cannot stand as people are aggies. I know a handful that are cool but that school turns the average person into a total dickbag.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Texas UCLA game in September should be a good indicator of how good of a team Charlie Strong Texas is. As a UCLA fan im pretty worried about it.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depends on the school for me. OU people are generally fine. Most other schools I don't care. Baylor and TCU are full of douchbags since they don't know how to handle being relevant. The only people that I generally cannot stand as people are aggies. I know a handful that are cool but that school turns the average person into a total dickbag.
Funny you should think that. Texas seems to shit out entitled assholes like it's their job.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Texas UCLA game in September should be a good indicator of how good of a team Charlie Strong Texas is. As a UCLA fan im pretty worried about it.
I was going to say UCLA by 4 TDs until I realized the game was in Texas. So UCLA only wins by 3 TDs.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I want to participate in this thread but Alabama is going to stomp my passion out of me the opening weekend.

Nah fuck that. This is Holgersen's year. National champs coming through!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I want to participate in this thread but Alabama is going to stomp my passion out of me the opening weekend.

Nah fuck that. This is Holgersen's year. National champs coming through!
Oh really? I'll see to the end of those dreams as I put $10 on them winning it all next week in Vegas.

That is because we are better than you. Should we lie and act like we are on the same level? Lying is wrong.
/sniff

That smell of shit talking can only mean one thing......

Football season is about to start!!!!

shattuck_sl

shitlord
I think it is just getting further away from college for me. I remember not understanding why OU and Texas fans hated each other until I went to OU/TX weekend as a freshman. I had on my OU shirt at the hotel and the first UT fan I saw was another college age dude that walked up and yelled 'FUCK OU' right in my face. That was beginning of a 6-10 year period of hating all UT and OSU fans just because of where they went to school.

Then I got a job with Dell, the Dell whose home office is a few miles North of Austin. All of the managers they brought to OKC to start the site were UT grads and they were recruiting OU and OSU heavily. Once I had to start working with them and getting to know them past where they went to school it became very hard to not like them based on that. Sure, there are still annoying ass fans that are myopic about their team, and if I see a huge group of nameless UT or OSU fans I mutter 'screw those guys.' It just isn't anything like what it was in and right after college.
I'm the same way. I used to spend my entire Saturdays (and much of Friday night) watching college football. Now I'm 28 and the thought of watching, or even remotely caring, what a bunch of 18 year olds are doing on a field is just astonishing to me. Last season I could barely be bothered to watch the highlights Sat night/Sunday morning. It's even weirder to me that there are guys older than me, and with a wife/kids, who actually give a crap about this stuff.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I'm the same way. I used to spend my entire Saturdays (and much of Friday night) watching college football. Now I'm 28 and the thought of watching, or even remotely caring, what a bunch of 18 year olds are doing on a field is just astonishing to me. Last season I could barely be bothered to watch the highlights Sat night/Sunday morning. It's even weirder to me that there are guys older than me, and with a wife/kids, who actually give a crap about this stuff.
You're adorable.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
DirecTV finally came to terms with the SEC network today. I think that is every major carrier on board now. DirecTV, Dish, Uverse, Comcast, TWC, etc. It is now available to 87 million households, which is 90% of all ESPN households. This is also more households than NFL network, MLBTV, and ESPNU. It's instantly the 4th biggest sports network behind only ESPN, ESPN2, anf Fox Sports One.

Every single SEC school will now make more TV money than Notre Dame and Texas and their exclusive TV deals

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks for the update. I lost an entire off season and just noticed season is right around the corner. Like bowl season was yesterday.

I no longer have a TV tho.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is the first year I am going to watch college football. Aunt and Uncle are Beaver fans (Ducks and Beavers are huge out there of course) and my girl went to LSU. Everyone here is an OSU Cowboy fan (Oklahoma) . Don't feel attached to any team really.