College Football 2014-15

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
The sad thing is that Ginn's best fit in the NFL was with the Raiders. He perfectly fit into Davis' speed with fair to poor hands and route running.

darkko_sl

shitlord
I loved me some Ginn in college, but yea, he has been terrible in the NFL. Every once in awhile he will show flashes and then two plays later he's awful again. Would have been hilarious if he would have won the Superbowl on the punt return against the Ravens though lol.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
3376016.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Awesome way to watch.

I watched probably 2/3 of the game with that broadcast, It was really interesting. I also loved the hell out of ESPNs alternate Iron Bowl broadcast that was Finebaum + 4 or 5 other ex players/commentators taking calls during the game and discussing it. That was incredible entertainment, listening to psychos from Alabama calling in and going nuts, lol.

The coach broadcast there from the national title was pretty interesting, they announced plays that were coming ALL the time before the snap, they could see all sorts of stuff coming from a mile away with amazing accuracy, when viewing it from the TV angles.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Man I hate how cutthroat modern CFB is. We just processed a 4 star defensive end who has been committed for like 8 months because some bigger fish want to jump in the boat. I would much rather keep the guys who have been devoted and be more selective late than just recruit over a guy.

Also, Twitter can be a dangerous tool. Poor recruiting guy fails at copypasta.

B754cdrCMAEaRmd.jpg:large

Also, one of our recruits while on his official visit to UGA lol....

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What is happening to Florida? I get that there was a coaching change, but at a place like Florida, or Texas, or USC that rarely completely tanks that recruiting class, they still get high-rated kids just based on their name

Only 8 commits so far, none above 3 stars and only 4 kids from the state of Florida.

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2015 Florida Commitments

They currently have the 99th ranked recruiting class according to Rivals. That is by FAR worst in the SEC, hell, Vanderbilt is the next lowest at like 47th. Florida is currently behind Western Kentucky and Central Michigan. But hey, they are ahead of Michigan(who is 102nd currently, but 4 of their 6 commits are at least 4-star guys)

Rais

Trakanon Raider
What? It has everything to do with the out going coach, and what the new coach wants. You won't always have those recruits from the former coach that you want on the team so you pull the offer. They are pretty much working at their own one yard line with 2 mins left in the game. You're trying to compare 2+ years recruiting a player to a coach on the job for little over a month. Ya Nebraska is ranked higher and the other major program who changed coaches, but they also had 4 people sign their letter of intent back at the start of 2014.

Shit year with a coach who most likely be fired=lack of recruits.
New coach wanting his own recruits and setting up his staff= lack of recuits.

What's Missouri's excuse for only being ranked 34th? Played in back to back SEC championship games, 23-5 the past two years yet they can't rank higher than Kentucky, Louisville or even West Virginia.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The coaching change alone can't account for that.

When the Gators switched from Meyer to Muschamp, their overall class ranking only dropped from #2 in 2010 to #12 in 2011.

Even the switch from Ron Zook to Urban Meyer only dropped them from #10 in 2004, to #15 in 2005. Hell, Zooks WORST year recruiting had Florida with the #20 class.

Florida basically gets a top 20 class no matter who the coach is, or the circumstances surrounding the program. Just like Texas, just like USC. Those schools are the flagship schools in their recruit-rich states. The recruits show up regardless of who is coaching.

Mack Browns last year or so at Texas had him in a LOT of flux, and their recruiting class still only dropped to #24 from their usual top-10 status(and then Charlie Strong improved that to #20 in his first year)

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Muschamp wasn't able to recruit at all since it was clear since the start of the year it was his last one. Then they hire Colorado State's head coach. It's about today and who you are for these kids coming out of high school. They don't care if you are almost 5 years removed from being Alabama's offense coach. Give him a year and the rankings will be right back up there. Just like every other coaching change.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot of talk about Byron Cowart not committing to Florida as well, mostly coming from the Auburn side of the fence and some rainbow filled unicorn dream where we get Cowart, CeCe Jefferson, and Jeff Holland in a package deal. Honestly I barely follow any recruiting at all. As big a college football fan and Auburn homer as I am it is just hard to get excited about all these player rankings, rumors, and what-not.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Muschamp wasn't able to recruit at all since it was clear since the start of the year it was his last one. Then they hire Colorado State's head coach. It's about today and who you are for these kids coming out of high school. They don't care if you are almost 5 years removed from being Alabama's offense coach. Give him a year and the rankings will be right back up there. Just like every other coaching change.
exactly what Rais said. Joe I mean come on Muschamp was bad, real bad. He lost so many recruits to our main rival FSU from the get go. You saw FSU (who were absolute shit remember we beat them 7 years in a row?) return to what they are now thanks solely to Muschamp. He's that bad.
Don't worry bro, McElwain will be curbstomping Mizzou in no time. I will supply the Okie Joes Burnt ends and Jack Stack Ribs to help you get through your sadness.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is because Muschamp didn't build a strong class that could survive the attrition of a coaching change. Michigan is going through the same thing.

In Texas news, sounds like Texas is about to flip the # 1 qb in Texas from the aggies, who is an aggie legacy. In the process they will land the no. 1 DT, WR, and RB in Texas as well (3 of the aforementioned 4 are 5 stars). Despite such a bad year, Charlie will end up with a top 5 class assuming it happens as being reported. Pretty ridiculous.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Man I hate how cutthroat modern CFB is. We just processed a 4 star defensive end who has been committed for like 8 months because some bigger fish want to jump in the boat. I would much rather keep the guys who have been devoted and be more selective late than just recruit over a guy.

Also, Twitter can be a dangerous tool. Poor recruiting guy fails at copypasta.

B754cdrCMAEaRmd.jpg:large

Also, one of our recruits while on his official visit to UGA lol....

B76VHAUIIAAPvre.jpg
Tennessee on another official visit to UGA:

SnoopyGreedyCapybara.gif

SpotlessDeterminedAdder.gif

GorgeousClutteredFennecfox.gif