18 Wisconsin
19 Oklahoma
20 Arkansas
21 Stanford
22 Arizona
23 Missouri
24 Boise State
25 Tennessee

Others receiving votes: Mississippi State 164, Texas A&M 149, Oklahoma State 89, Virginia Tech 70, Utah 40, Kansas State 37, Nebraska 27, Louisville 27, Minnesota 25, Penn State 20, South Carolina 18, Miami (FL) 16, Texas 8, Illinois 7, Duke 6, Air Force 5, Louisiana Tech 5, Marshall 4, Utah State 4, West Virginia 3, NC State 3, BYU 3, North Carolina 2, Florida 2, Georgia Southern 2, UCF 1, Cincinnati 1, Kentucky 1, Maryland 1, Michigan 1, Washington 1
I think that's a fairly reasonable poll, one of the most reasonable so far. Only 3 SEC teams in the top 10, with Arky, Missouri, and Tennessee all in the 21-25 range. Feels about right to start the season. Although I'm definitely not sold on Florida State being a top 10 team(I'm thinking mid-teens), or Ole Miss being a top 25 team at all.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Why is LSU even ranked in the top 25. They haved no QB at all and the defense is not up to par on what it used to be back in the heyday of a good defense and run left/run right as the offensive playbook.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Have we discussed the coaches poll?

2015 preseason Coaches Poll - Saturday Down South

I think that's a fairly reasonable poll, one of the most reasonable so far. Only 3 SEC teams in the top 10, with Arky, Missouri, and Tennessee all in the 21-25 range. Feels about right to start the season. Although I'm definitely not sold on Florida State being a top 10 team(I'm thinking mid-teens), or Ole Miss being a top 25 team at all.
LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Boise St. all need out of the Top 25. Florida St. needs to move slightly (as you said). ND needs to be moved to the 20s or possibly out of the top-25 entirely. I would put also put Georgia ahead of Auburn. I think Louisville (homer) should be anywhere between 22-25.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
When did I mention Baylor? I am confused... Are you sure you are talking to the right person?
It was a lame attempt to draw a small bit of enjoyment from a game played 20 years ago during the darkest times of Baylor football. They couldn't beat many teams and I spent several Saturdays in the hot Texas sun watching them fail miserably to even approach a respectable version of college football.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Bama vs. Louisville to open 2018 in Orlando

Would have to score tickets for that if it happens.
Going to be the 1991 Fiesta Bowl all over!!
redface.png

But realistically, I expect us to lose this game... But the silver-lining is, if we keep doing great OOC scheduling like this (Auburn this year, Bama' for 2018) it will help our program in many ways. So even if (and we probably will) lose, it still has positive benefits.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Boise St. all need out of the Top 25. Florida St. needs to move slightly (as you said). ND needs to be moved to the 20s or possibly out of the top-25 entirely. I would put also put Georgia ahead of Auburn. I think Louisville (homer) should be anywhere between 22-25.
Louisville has done a great job with it's program. As a Canes fan, I wish we had done as much to improve our program the past decade. First we need to find a good coach though.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Louisville has done a great job with it's program. As a Canes fan, I wish we had done as much to improve our program the past decade. First we need to find a good coach though.
I think we (Louisville) has done a great job for what our recruiting classes have been. We've been in the upper 30s and 40s most years. So I think we do great things for what we have. We are specially doing great things in getting players to the NFL as of late and I think that is what is finally giving us a bump in terms of recruiting.

If we can start recruiting like FSU and Clemson do in the ACC (top 10-20 classes), we'll be awfully scary not only in our conference, but nationally. But, baby steps...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Going to be the 1991 Fiesta Bowl all over!!
redface.png

But realistically, I expect us to lose this game... But the silver-lining is, if we keep doing great OOC scheduling like this (Auburn this year, Bama' for 2018) it will help our program in many ways. So even if (and we probably will) lose, it still has positive benefits.
Don't sweat it man. After Bama fails to succeed once again, loses another Iron Bowl, doesn't get to play for an SEC title, and gets stuck in the Unfinished Furniture Bowl Saban will be out so you'll catch them in a down year.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
You're butthurt UT is 25th? You don't see the train coming do you?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Train coming to another 7/6 season?
I think vs Oklahoma and @ Florida are the two total tossup games for Tennessee. Those two games will determine if they go 7-5, or 9-3 (or 8-4 if they split them). But a 7-5 season is definitely well within reason for Tennessee this year, but that would still be a baby-step improvement for them. The rest of Tennessee's ifft/close games are at home, which should give them the edge(Arkansas & South Carolina, I'd mark those 2 down as losses if they were on the road...but they aren't). They have 3 almost guaranteed losses on the schedule, Bama, Georgia, and Mizzou, but they have a good chance to win every other game(but it'll be tough, and I wouldn't bet on it)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Make it so. Missouri has never lost to Tennessee in our history, and we aren't starting this year at home.

Titan_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty skeptical about Arky being a top 25 team. They definitely came on strong at the end of the year, but teams were also wearing down pretty heavily. They still have an amazing backfield though, and if their defense can resemble the end of the year, they very well could end up a dangerous team.

Ole Miss gets based on last year, and the fact that their class from 2012 are all grown men now. Treadwell getting hurt last year was devastating for them, and having him back should be a blessing. That guy is a beast. Nkemdeche is also a beast on the line, and you can only assume he'll be better this year, aswell as having his brother back. That defense was scary good throughout the first half of the season.

Miss State should probably be ahead of Tennessee, but we'll see. Last year, we were better on defense than I thought we would be(Considering we lost almost our entire secondary), but we will see. Losing McKinley and Josh Robinson(Not to mention almost every decent Oline starter) is going to be a major hurdle to overcome, but luckily, Dak is still there. As long as he can get back into how he was mid-season, we should be fine. However, if he starts playing like he played at the end of the season where he let the Heisman hype mess with his head, then we're in bad shape. Hopefully, for States sake, he can just go out there and win games, and not try to be the reason we're winning football games. Hail State baby