College Football 2016-2017 Season

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You should read morer new news.

He isn't wrong. Mixon and his lawyer released it since the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled in favor of the media that the video was public record. It was coming out in the next 20 days anyways so they got it out first.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He isn't wrong. Mixon and his lawyer released it since the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled in favor of the media that the video was public record. It was coming out in the next 20 days anyways so they got it out first.

A ruling that was under appeal.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
This catch is nuts. Also, NDSU lost, so there will be a new FCS champion this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That is bonkers. I don't even know the rules on that. If you catch a ball but use your opponents body to hold it, does it count? It seems so.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fuck after reading about Penn State pedo ring, Florida State's crab stealing rape train, Lville's cheating, Auburn paying Cam, and OU's support of assault, The Ol GNC kid's not looking to bad of a scandal.

Never [proven to have] happened!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious what you guys thoughts are on this.

Christian McCaffrey from Stanford along with Fournette are sitting out the bowl games due to injury risk for the draft.

Bad for the future of cfb or no big deal? Would your opinion change if it were major players for teams in the playoff?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I don't blame them for sitting out some pointless bowl. Look at Jaylon Smith for all the evidence we need on that front, even though he says he'd do it all over again.

I'd be a little miffed if a star player sat out a playoff game, but their career trumps our enjoyment I feel.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Christian McCaffrey from Stanford along with Fournette are sitting out the bowl games due to injury risk for the draft.

Bad for the future of cfb or no big deal? Would your opinion change if it were major players for teams in the playoff?

No big deal for irrelevant bowls. Not worried until a player sits out a playoff game, which I doubt happens.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I understand it for sure but it also sucks from a fan perspective. This bowl season is already a turd sandwich. Literally 0 reason to watch Stanford or LSU now.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I don't blame them for sitting out some pointless bowl. Look at Jaylon Smith for all the evidence we need on that front, even though he says he'd do it all over again.

I'd be a little miffed if a star player sat out a playoff game, but their career trumps our enjoyment I feel.

I think it is a smart move on their part. They have their whole professional careers to think about...Why roll the dice?

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Goddamn you, Aggie pass rushers. First Von Miller now Myles. Why are you so likeable?

"Not everybody is following the trend, however. Aggies junior linebacker Myles Garrett, who is projected as the No. 2 overall selection on McShay's board for the 2017 NFL draft, has said he'll play in the Texas Bowl despite having not fully recovered from a nagging leg injury.

"It's just money," said Garrett, who hasn't yet officially said he's leaving for the NFL. "Relationships I make during this time or the impressions I'll make on people around me will last forever. Money will come and go.""

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

I understand why they do it, but they should be required to repay that semester of their scholarship as they are not fulfilling their collegiate athletic obligation for their scholarship. You're given a scholarship (Basically a contract) to play football for that semester/season, and in essence, they are breaking it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That actually isn't a bad idea, or at least a step in the right direction. There should be some penalty even if it is mostly for show. Even giving up one semester's stipend + scholarship is barely a fraction of what they'll make coming out in the 1st or 2nd round. It'd probably end up punishing the players that consider doing this in the hopes of a 3rd+ round pick. Really not sure how you balance it other than just saying "no, you can't!" But even then how do you really reinforce it.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got me thinking what if this becomes a trend and kids in the playoff, say the 2 best QBs decided to sit out the playoff. Nobody cares much for the other bowls, but its no different other than the game...still on scholarship and got there with the help of their teammates, only to abandon them at the end for what will be the pinnacle of many kids careers. If Stanford and LSU were in the playoff, this would be a huge deal, and could be a huge money loss as well to networks, schools, and so forth.

I think Lost Virtue has a good idea though, and hopefully this doesnt become a huge issue.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I hope it DOES become a trend, because College Football, the playoff, the committees etc all need to be taken on a boat, tied to a 500,000 lb anchor and sent to the deepest, darkest, coldest, recesses of hell to die a slow death. I will roflcopter if in the next few years the projected top draft picks sit out their bowl games - I can already see Kirk and his gang of dickweeds trying to spout off about integrity, brotherhood, love of the game blah blah blah. Fuck the universities. These student athletes generate 100's of millions of dollars for them, and in return they get an education (debatable at some schools) and the opportunity to bang a few hot sorority girls. If they were 18 year old Kobe Bryants, they can bang whoever the fuck they want AND make tons of money.

I love college football (its obvious, right?), but it's been in a weird state for a while now, and every time they try to fix it they only fuck it up more. How funny would it be if the thing that slowly tears it apart are the student athletes refusing to participate in meaningless bowl games while trying to protect themselves for their real careers. Most of these guys will never sniff the NFL - but for the big dogs, there are only so many miles you can put on a body.

In fact, Okie State has 2 or 3 guys that I'm sure will get drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd rounds in the next two years and I genuinely wouldn't give two shits if they sat out the fucking Alamo Bowl, or the Sugar Bowl or whatever. If it was a playoff game, maybe (ok definitely)

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
They also get groomed to be professional players if they have the talent, right? How many people could go from high school to the NFL? I'd wager about .0003%.