College Football 2017-2018 Season

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Was at the UCLA A&M game and left at half time since I thought it was over. Damn it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yep, just got home. Not a UCLA fan but got suite tickets from work so took the wife and kids. 44-10 when the desert cart showed up. Next thing it's 44-31 but the kids were getting tired so we left. Kind of shitty as that's not something you'll see everyday. Granted I wasn't aware the A&M QB was out or I would have figured the odds were better than I thought they were. Oh well...

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Just thought I'd drop in to say that the state of Texas is truly playing some quality college football. You know things are bad when Texas losing to Maryland is the easiest loss to swallow.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Another unbelievable game, going for two... Marshall has been unreal tonight for GT

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fucking Grier put up over 171 more yards than our entire offense. Swamp donkey ran him off for Luke del faggo. Great decison there over some otc peds and a slight prediction for suger boogers.

Gonna be another shitty year of watching my gators struggle to get first downs much less beat a team with a pulse.

Game this week will probably be canceled, I don't know why we are playing it at noon instead of Friday night and then it's the rednecks of Knoxville

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fucking Grier put up over 171 more yards than our entire offense. Swamp donkey ran him off for Luke del faggo. Great decison there over some otc peds and a slight prediction for suger boogers.

Gonna be another shitty year of watching my gators struggle to get first downs much less beat a team with a pulse.

Game this week will probably be canceled, I don't know why we are playing it at noon instead of Friday night and then it's the rednecks of Knoxville

They're playing it because they are playing a nobody team which they are expected to win. If they were playing someone better, they would cancel while saying something about safety to only realize later in the season they need that game to qualify for the championship game...

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah bro we cancelled it. All Florida teams cancelled... depending on the damage I wouldn't be surprised if tenn got cancelled too.

You weren't quite clear enough but if I read deep into it I suspect you're referring to the lsu game last year, in which we played in Death Valley (I went) and won.

We played there because for some reason of all the teams to have been buttfucked by hurricanes LSU's downs AD decided to push the issue of playing in florida on a bye (we still had to cancel a game to play).

Player & fan safety + plus use of resources like cops roadways etc slightly trumps football, well in most states , where they speak the kings English anyway.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
My team will likely end up being mediocre this year, but the MASSIVE improvement from an already incredible prior year for Lamar Jackson is insane. It is early in the season, but I now see a NFL QB. If anything, it is showing the doubters how much effort he is willing to put in to improve his craft and its payoff. His pocket presence and throwing are pretty on-point now. Now we just need to see what happens going against a real defense like Clemson.

EDIT: I am also happy to report we did NOT have another 10 'false starts' in this game like last week. Still absolutely silly penalties, but it's progress?

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My team will likely end up being mediocre this year, but the MASSIVE improvement from an already incredible prior year for Lamar Jackson is insane. It is early in the season, but I now see a NFL QB. If anything, it is showing the doubters how much effort he is willing to put in to improve his craft and its payoff. His pocket presence and throwing are pretty on-point now. Now we just need to see what happens going against a real defense like Clemson.

EDIT: I am also happy to report we did NOT have another 10 'false starts' in this game like last week. Still absolutely silly penalties, but it's progress?

Damn, I didn't realize his arm was that strong. That was all arm with no hips or feet involved.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Damn, I didn't realize his arm was that strong. That was all arm with no hips or feet involved.

There is a video of him bombing a 90yd'ish throw his senior year in high school (wasn't in a game, was a so-so smartphone video in practice?). He had a small wind-up (I think an additional step or 2), but was impressive none-the-less. I just want to continue seeing this type of accuracy with that type of arm.