College Football 2017-2018 Season

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Extremely overrated

After last night we can just agree that the SEC is overrated and top heavy. This notion that it is heads and shoulders above every over league MAY have been true for a year or two in the mid 2000's but now it is just like any other conference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
God I hate this cutesy read option flip the ball around bullshit, run pistol with a zone read down their fucking throats. Are we waiting for Georgia to get the lead before we give Anderson more carries?

Haha, I FTFY and it descibes how everyone I know felt about the OU playcalling in the 2nd half and OT last night.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's really hard to say anything about conference strength when looking at hotel games because of who is motivated vs who isn't.

Of All those SEC loses, how many were due to a lack of motivation etc.

Need those teams to play during the season. Not during the exhibition games that don't count.

Fuck UCF

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Having lived in Athens Georgia since 1988, I have one thing to write.

GO FUCKING GEORGIA. ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!

of course we still have to beat Alabama but I am looking forward to that 2012 rematch.

I agree that the playoff system needs to at least go to a top 8. This would go along way to alleviate the "what if" syndrome of an undefeated team.

Yep. UCF has the best case I've seen in a long time. Auburn didn't just beat those teams, it shit-stomped them. My sister lives right outside of Athens but I'd still be for UGA either way. Fuck Bama!

On another note, I talked to a friend last night at work and he quit watching after the first game. He's sick of Bama, Golden State, Patriots, etc. I wonder how much of that is going around? Honestly, I should have stopped after the first game too. It was an instant classic. The other game was just garbage in comparison. Very ugly game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's really hard to say anything about conference strength when looking at hotel games because of who is motivated vs who isn't.

Of All those SEC loses, how many were due to a lack of motivation etc.

Need those teams to play during the season. Not during the exhibition games that don't count.

Fuck UCF

You can never tell which conference is the best because they don't play each other and there is no playoff structure.

zzeris zzeris He should enjoy the NFL playoffs this year. 6 or 8 of the teams that made it didnt last year.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I don't think there is a legit argument against the SEC being a clear best for the past decade+.

Only questions are distribution, top vs bottom etc.

I'd you think the auburn UCF beat is the same team that was on the field vs UGA and trying for a playoff berth, you are mistaken.

That's a typical let down, going from playoff hopes to UCF

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I expect Alabama to absolutely crush Georgia.

If you say so. I think it will be a good game. To think that UGA is incapable of winning against Alabama(Implied by the crush) is not to have watched UGA play this season. I do not refer to just having watched the Rose Bowl but to have watched their entire season. UGA is strong and so is Alabama. I think there are just to many factors to instantly call this game Alabama's win.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't think there is a legit argument against the SEC being a clear best for the past decade+.

Only questions are distribution, top vs bottom etc.

I'd you think the auburn UCF beat is the same team that was on the field vs UGA and trying for a playoff berth, you are mistaken.

That's a typical let down, going from playoff hopes to UCF

Is this the same excuse I'm supposed to believe when my Utah Utes completely facefucked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl after a lifetime of being told we could never compete with these "real" teams?

• 1Solidarity

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
As an Auburn fan I am so conflicted the two teams we hate the most and one of them has to win a natty. What a terrible six hours that whole afternoon was! Grats to UCF, they brought it and looked like the better team yesterday.

I don't buy the whole "we didn't try because it was a letdown" crap our team was not as good as they were period end of story.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Boostinks

N00b
Grats @bootstinks, you guys definitely wanted it more.

I will say, what fucking nutless play calling by Riley for the most of the 2nd half and all of OT. He has a Heisman winning QB at the helm and his bitch ass runs 10+ short side options for about 8 total yards. He better learn to man the fuck up and stop getting cute when the chips are done.

Thanks friend. Just an incredible game. Doing this from my phone so we’ll see if I can make it work, but here’s a pic from my seat last night.

A0E901B7-526C-41CE-A00A-8C53DF12ACEC.jpeg

Nothing but the best things to say about the Oklahoma fans. Nice folks and very loud.

Dunno if y’all have seen this pic, but what an amazing shot. Circled me for ya.

C1AA44D2-E72D-44F6-9C79-6E6A6626BF9A.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If you say so. I think it will be a good game. To think that UGA is incapable of winning against Alabama(Implied by the crush) is not to have watched UGA play this season. I do not refer to just having watched the Rose Bowl but to have watched their entire season. UGA is strong and so is Alabama. I think there are just to many factors to instantly call this game Alabama's win.

Ofcourse they have a chance. All teams have a chance. That's why we have the any given Sunday(Saturday in thia case) expression. That being said Alabama is going to destroy them.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Is this the same excuse I'm supposed to believe when my Utah Utes completely facefucked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl after a lifetime of being told we could never compete with these "real" teams?

Reason =/= excuse. One is a rationalization of a (usually) failure, the other is a cause. Its a reality, thats what makes the bowls so hard to use as a yard stick of how good a team is. Yeah sure, your Utes on their best day, was able to beat Alabama 'XX on their worst or next to worst day. Its part of why there are so few repeat champions across any sports.

Not saying UCF wasnt better than Auburn last week, obviously they were. I'm saying you cant take a team that was on that trajectory, gut them, then expect them go to out and perform at peak for a game that GOING TO it is the reward. While telling the other team "you dont belong they think they are better blah blah blah". Yeah, they could play at the exact same level all the time, because athletes. But they dont, because humans.

Its the same damn thing I used to talk about when the SEC would go 7-1 in bowls. They would have #3 SEC teams vs #2 whatever conference (or 4 vs 5, etc) and when the SEC would win, you had to think "now how much did that other team care? How many seniors waiting for the draft? How good was the partying? Is there any fight left in them after missing the BCS bowls?". It works both ways. Hell, example UGA / BAMA this year, how much of the shit being said the past month do you think they used as motivation? The answer? All of it.

There are always going to be biases towards groups because some groups are more prone to doing better due to factors. Fuck me, what a hard concept.

The SEC just does well in football. Because reasons. This might be the last year, dunno, and not sure I care. Hell, I support removing athletics from all the SEC schools completely. So the argument on that might be a bit odd.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks friend. Just an incredible game. Doing this from my phone so we’ll see if I can make it work, but here’s a pic from my seat last night.

View attachment 158813

Nothing but the best things to say about the Oklahoma fans. Nice folks and very loud.

Dunno if y’all have seen this pic, but what an amazing shot. Circled me for ya.

View attachment 158814

MAAAAAAN! I bet that was insane! Wonder if I should even think about tickets for the NC game...only have to travel a few hours west on I20.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
One thing that I wish they could change is to not have such a long time between the end of the regular season, and the bowl games. Seems like it could really lead to some rust for players. I don't know, it would be cool if it was a max of 2 weeks though.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
This is a minor nitpick but applies to both CFB and the NFL. Can we get rid of the fuckin' rules explanation at the beginning of OT? It's not like the refs bring the teams to midfield and explain the rules of football before the games start. This is what you DO as a student and/or professional athlete. You're expected to know the rules. Flip the fuckin' coin and start OT.

I've never understood it.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Actually glad they did last night, I legit did not know if CFB overtime rules were going to be different for a playoff/championship game. Turned out nope.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If the top 6 teams got in, how would anyone here seen it play out?

Lets say the top 4. So 1-4 ranked get a bye.

Who is 5-6?