College Football 2018-2019 Season

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just sick and tired of Notre Dame being good but not great and spoiling the good thing we have going because they are a bunch of insufferable assholes and won't join a conference. The way it is now we can't ever tell if they deserve a spot until they've already taken one and that seems like the worst possible outcome for everyone.
I am a big ND fan, and I 100% agree with you. It seriously pisses me off that they won't just join a conference already. No reason for them not to join the ACC

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Big 10 would make the most sense for them geographically. Wish UCF could jump to the ACC or SEC but I can bet you anything that Florida, Florida State, and Miami will do anything in their power to prevent that.

Sterling

El Presidente
That doesn't make sense to me. The whole country recruits heavily in Florida, it's one of the most heavily recruiting states in the country.
Being in a real conference absolutely helps with recruiting. It's zero sum, if UCF gets better recruits, someone else is getting worse recruits.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The idea has been floated that the Big XII pick up UCF and USF and make East/West conferences. I hate the conference a lot but if OU is staying I don't hate that idea.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate that idea, neither school brings competitive sports outside of being ok at football. The only plus is recruiting trips to Florida.

LiquidDeath

Hey, I'm all for the Big XII shutting down as a league and making 4 16 team super conferences. This whole selection committee bullshit is old and tired. Play the goddamn games on the field.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Hey, I'm all for the Big XII shutting down as a league and making 4 16 team super conferences. This whole selection committee bullshit is old and tired. Play the goddamn games on the field.
The reason the Big XII needs shutting down is because the leadership is incompetent. When the playoffs expand to 8 teams, 5 big conferences wouldn't be a problem with the "Conference Champions automatically get a spot" rule. But the Big XII is so totally incompetent that I bet they could find a way to screw up having 8 shots at it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
That Kyler Murray kid is good at football.

Sucks we only get him for one year

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Just bounce with Okie State to the SEC.

• 1Solidarity

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I wish we could make a relegation system in CFB... Send the bad teams from D1 down and bring the good teams form D2 up. 8 conferences/10 teams a piece, top team in each makes the playoffs. 8 teams playoff.

But I would love for OU to get out of the Big XII... We already recruit Texas better than Texas does, put us in the SEC and see what happens

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

I was pushing for OU and OSU to the SEC when Nebraska and Colorado left. It really is a shame that never happened.

I'm actually kind of hoping that OU snags a DC from the SEC to replace Mike Stoops and actually make us good again. I think we could get Miss State's D coordinator if we wanted. Of course, I've said that stuff before and for some brain dead reason OU doesn't seem to be able to go out and hire whoever the fuck they want from the 100+ schools that they should be able to take a coordinator from without even trying.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I was pushing for OU and OSU to the SEC when Nebraska and Colorado left. It really is a shame that never happened.

I'm actually kind of hoping that OU snags a DC from the SEC to replace Mike Stoops and actually make us good again. I think we could get Miss State's D coordinator if we wanted. Of course, I've said that stuff before and for some brain dead reason OU doesn't seem to be able to go out and hire whoever the fuck they want from the 100+ schools that they should be able to take a coordinator from without even trying.

You leave MEL TUCKER ALONE!!

• 1Worf