College Football 2018-2019 Season

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been royally fucked by refs two weeks in a row. At least the refs in the WVU game were bad to both teams. Either way, should have won both even with the bad calls. 30 seconds left and our freshman safety lets somebody behind him. Baffling.

I want you to look at the thumbs down I gave you and imagine it as horns down.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want you to look at the thumbs down I gave you and imagine it as horns down.

18535F9A-6013-491B-99EF-C64C831499F6.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
It sucks but it is what it is. Time for 4 big conferences. Championship game of each is the first round of a 8 team playoff. Don’t make your conference championship game, too bad. Not in a big conference, tough titties.

100% agree on everything, would solve all the issues. Though 4 conferences might be a little crowded, would pretty much eliminate any chance of high level non-conference games unless teams are reeeeeeally ballsy.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Also games should be assigned by the NCAA systematically. Colleges should not decide who they get to play to keep their records in tact.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
100% agree on everything, would solve all the issues. Though 4 conferences might be a little crowded, would pretty much eliminate any chance of high level non-conference games unless teams are reeeeeeally ballsy.

Why? They would be huge money makers. And since only your conference record matters getting into the playoff, there would be little down side. The only thing overall record should be used for is seeding. In any case, if the 4 power conference thing came to pass, they would have to include some rules that would require teams to play cross conference instead of loading up against shit teams a la Kansas State.

Fadaar

That guy
Why? They would be huge money makers. And since only your conference record matters getting into the playoff, there would be little down side. The only thing overall record should be used for is seeding. In any case, if the 4 power conference thing came to pass, they would have to include some rules that would require teams to play cross conference instead of loading up against shit teams a la Kansas State.

If it's four conferences with two 9-team divisions you can whittle it down to division only + 3 non-conference games. Unfortunately since the balance of power at the college level can swing so much from year to year, planning out who you play out of conference in advance wouldn't really work. Maybe have it be like the NFL where you play three other schools that finished with the same record or similar end-of-year ranking from the prior year, one team from each other conference. Would be similar enough to the NFL schedule and provide "suitable" matchups. Maybe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure why they would need to expand past 16. 7 division games, 2 cross, 3 ooc. The Baylors of the world would fade away which is fine.

Assuming the PAC16 I highlighted earlier, that leaves 5 spots open between the other 3 conferences, with ND going into ACC for football. WVU to ACC for the 16. Kansas to big 10. 3 spots left.

Fadaar

That guy
I just pulled a number out of my ass to give teams an 11 game regular season schedule, no real meaning to it. Hadn't actually checked before now but I guess most teams play a 12 game regular season. So eh yeah, cut it down to 16 team conferences and add another matchup somewhere.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Not sure why they would need to expand past 16. 7 division games, 2 cross, 3 ooc. The Baylors of the world would fade away which is fine.

Assuming the PAC16 I highlighted earlier, that leaves 5 spots open between the other 3 conferences, with ND going into ACC for football. WVU to ACC for the 16. Kansas to big 10. 3 spots left.

The Baylors of the world wouldn't stop playing football. You do realize there are TWO WHOLE DIVIONS of football that are played beyond D-1, right? You arrogant fucking moron. The non-Power 4 Conferences would just have to come up with their own post-season playoffs, a la FCS. Which had actual playoffs LONG before the "big" schools got their shit together with a playoff schedule.

In fact, it would probably benefit everyone involved if the schools in the non-Power 4 finally just said "fuck it" and stopped trying to rely on biased media writers, "experts", and a corrupt "selection committee" and just went their own way anyway.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Nothing makes me saltier than knowing that OSU has a better defense and more talented defensive players than OU. It is incredible what they let Mike Stoops get away with in recruiting before firing his lousy ass.

• 1Solidarity

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't even know what's going on in this game. I don't see any safeties playing deep coverage, but plenty of LBs to spy or near the line of scrimmage. I hope Riley gets a DC and sticks around OU for a few years.

• 1Like