College Football 2018-2019 Season

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Texas AD taking thinly veiled shots at the Big 12.

The Big 12 has nothing but contempt for the power wielded by UT and OU. They try to undermine us at every turn by pitting the majority of the smaller schools against us to make sure that it is 8 on 2 for every big decision.

The absolute spinelessness showed by both OU and UT administrations when agreeing to the past few Big 12 deals has been astonishing. They have willfully signed agreements that put teams with far less clout in a position as equals which is laughable when comparing their relative value to the conference.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Big 12 has nothing but contempt for the power wielded by UT and OU. They try to undermine us at every turn by pitting the majority of the smaller schools against us to make sure that it is 8 on 2 for every big decision.

The absolute spinelessness showed by both OU and UT administrations when agreeing to the past few Big 12 deals has been astonishing. They have willfully signed agreements that put teams with far less clout in a position as equals which is laughable when comparing their relative value to the conference.

Yea. The timing of the last realignment was really unfortunate. Texas was saddled with DeLoss at the end of his career focused on maintaining the conference he helped build instead of focusing on the future. The good news is Del Conte seems like a badass that will not suffer this league for longer than he must. I think ultimately the Big 12 is done, I just don’t know where UT, TT, OU, and OSU end up. We shall see tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It won’t happen but those 4 making the SEC the first super conference would be fun. UT, TT, OU, OSU, A&M, AR, LSU, MS, and Ole Miss on one side the rest on the other would be bitching.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
They have willfully signed agreements that put teams with far less clout in a position as equals which is laughable when comparing their relative value to the conference.

Boy are you guys in for a rude awakening when you join the Pac 12 / SEC and find out Wash St / Vanderbilt are treated as equals to USC / Alabama when it comes to conference revenue sharing / decisions.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Boy are you guys in for a rude awakening when you join the Pac 12 / SEC and find out Wash St / Vanderbilt are treated as equals to USC / Alabama when it comes to conference revenue sharing / decisions.

I am not talking about money, a better league means more eyes and more money for everyone. I am talking about using clout to push beneficial decisions up the chain and across the finish line. The league would be more competitive with 12 teams, 2 divisions, and a championship game. The league would be better if the refs were told to emulate the Big 10 and SEC when it comes to calling Pass Interference in football. The league would be better if the commissioner came out swinging for the schools instead of sitting on their hands and letting public opinion dictate their eventual response. The Big 12 office is weak and the three schools with national sports recognition signed away their strength for a little more money.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I am not talking about money, a better league means more eyes and more money for everyone. I am talking about using clout to push beneficial decisions up the chain and across the finish line. The league would be more competitive with 12 teams, 2 divisions, and a championship game. The league would be better if the refs were told to emulate the Big 10 and SEC when it comes to calling Pass Interference in football. The league would be better if the commissioner came out swinging for the schools instead of sitting on their hands and letting public opinion dictate their eventual response. The Big 12 office is weak and the three schools with national sports recognition signed away their strength for a little more money.

I gotcha. My bad then. Everything you said here is 100% correct.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
There are 130 teams that play D1 football.

How many of them realistically have a chance to win it all? Maybe 10. Prolly less.

Make four big conferences. Each with 16 teams. Within each conference have two divisions with 8 teams each. Play your divisional teams and + 3 from the other division. Division champs meet for conference championship. Now 4 conference champs meet for playoff and then title game.

It’s regional to ease travel on these poor student athletes. ND? You need to join a fucking conference. No more sitting home championship weekend.

Will it happen? No. Too much money at stake. I am sure the minds here could come up with something better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I still think NCAA needs DI-DII relegation.... 80 teams in DI in 8 conferences... 10 teams a piece. Top team in each goes to a 8 team playoff, divide the rest into the older bowls. Bottom team in each conference relegated to DII. Top teams in Dii moved up to DI...

• 1Pants on Fire!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I still think NCAA needs DI-DII relegation.... 80 teams in DI in 8 conferences... 10 teams a piece. Top team in each goes to a 8 team playoff, divide the rest into the older bowls. Bottom team in each conference relegated to DII. Top teams in Dii moved up to DI...

Every large school in the country would immediately withdraw from the NCAA.

They need to do it anyway, as the NCAA is a fraud organization that has NEVER had the student athlete in mind with their rules, only how to make the most money with the lowest costs. Big schools should be allowed to give their players money to live on while at school ESPECIALLY if they come from poor families. Paying for the tuition is not the full cost of going to college, and the NCAA refusing to see that is just willfully blind to the economic realities of students these days.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I don't hate the Packers that much but would laugh a lot.

Urban is super talented but the man can't handle adversity at all. I'll miss him raping Harbaugh every year tho. No one else did such a good job of it every year, right Delly Delly ?

I'm not actually salty at all this year. We got beat at the line and the gameplan. Unlike last year and in 2016 when it took 3 refs from Ohio to even bring it to overtime.

I'm interested to know how Ryan Day will do considering he holds no alliegiance to OSU other than his last 2 years or however long he has been working as the OC.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I understand why....but if I was a teammate I would be a little pissed. All that hard work to get to this game and our best player says “nope”.

just wait til a player decides to sit out a conference championship or something

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Murray won, which I think was the right choice. Gonna be hysterical when he goes off to play baseball.

• 1Like