College Football 2020-2021 Season and the Covid-19 Bowl

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Really good game by ND. Now I just hope they don't repeat 1993, where they gone on to lose the next week to a nobody.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It’s safe for Lawrence to stand on the sideline, but it’s not safe for him to play.

What a fucking joke.

I had a conversation about this with someone on the Notre Dame coaching staff, and what he had to say made perfect sense. The ACC put Covid protocols into place before the seasons started. One was that if you were exposed, you had to quarantine. But that's not the end of it. Because we don't know the full extent of what Covid does to your body long-term, there had to be other protocols. So while Lawrence is no longer a risk to be contagious, he has to wait a little longer so he can pass things like stress tests on his lungs to make sure he's processing enough oxygen, and other things of that sort. So he's not sick, he's not contagious, but he hasn't cleared all the necessary tests to ensure that he's entirely healthy and ready to go without having any long-term effects or damage to his body from having had the virus.

Honestly, I think this is a good policy. We just don't know enough about what the long term effects are, and the ACC is being appropriately cautious. I can totally understand his wanting to travel with the team, and I think it's important for the team to have their starting quarterback there.

In other news, the rankings are bananas. Texas A&M, BYU, Miami, and Indiana in the top ten. Georgia not in the top ten. Indiana ranked higher than Oregon, Georgia, Wisconsin, USC, and Texas. This is a strange year. I predict Clemson and Notre Dame meet again for the conference title, but if Notre Dame loses, they could still both make the playoffs. Florida and Alabama almost certainly will meet for their title. This is bananas.

1 Alabama
2 Notre Dame
3 Ohio State
4 Clemson
5 Texas A&M
6 Florida
7 Cincinnati
8 BYU
9 Miami
10 Indiana
11 Oregon
12 Georgia
13 Wisconsin
14 Oklahoma State
15 Coastal Carolina
16 Marshall
17 Iowa State
18 Oklahoma
19 SMU
20 USC
21 Texas
22 Liberty
23 Northwestern
24 Auburn
25 Louisiana

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Really good game by ND. Now I just hope they don't repeat 1993, where they gone on to lose the next week to a nobody.
Holy shit, I just realized they play Boston College this week. Same team they lost to in 93 after beating #1 Florida state.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Michigan is going to need a new coach. Trouble is there's no one available. Who will be next to coach Michigan, folks? They are just terribad.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Michigan is a bloody joke this year. They have no offense, no defense, and no special teams. I mean, other than that, they're fantastic.

Oregon just finally making it a little more comfortable. Though I wish they'd lose.

Do you guys think Wisconsin is a top ten team? I think they're over ranked.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Only 2 games but I'm not a fan of these slow starts but these 2nd halfs for Oregon are heeeeell ya.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Michigan is a bloody joke this year. They have no offense, no defense, and no special teams. I mean, other than that, they're fantastic.

Oregon just finally making it a little more comfortable. Though I wish they'd lose.

Do you guys think Wisconsin is a top ten team? I think they're over ranked.

Wisconsin plays solid D and opportunistic O. They have some speed. Not sure they can beat Ohio State. But with no fans? They could make a game of it.

They are definitely a top 10 team.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the only real names out there that are possibilities at Michigan are Iowa State's Matt Campbell, Stanford's David Shaw or if somehow they could lure Brett Venables from Clemson. Venables would be a real solid choice but would he do it? I guess possibly Fickell at Cincinnati? He is a Ohio State alumni though and somehow I think Michigan wants a bigger name.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm going to hate it when Fickell leaves for another bigger name school. You'd think I'd get used to it by now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I think the only real names out there that are possibilities at Michigan are Iowa State's Matt Campbell, Stanford's David Shaw or if somehow they could lure Brett Venables from Clemson. Venables would be a real solid choice but would he do it? I guess possibly Fickell at Cincinnati? He is a Ohio State alumni though and somehow I think Michigan wants a bigger name.

As much as they want a bigger name? Fickell can recruit Ohio. Michigan needs help on both sides of the ball.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I would be shocked to ever see Venables as a head coach. He had many chances in his decade plus at Oklahoma and never even interviewed. When Bob brought on Mike after his failed stint in AZ Venables had the chance to look for a HC job then but instead chose to move laterally but for more money. I think he likes the money and the fact that he doesn't have to be the face of the program.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I would be shocked to ever see Venables as a head coach. He had many chances in his decade plus at Oklahoma and never even interviewed. When Bob brought on Mike after his failed stint in AZ Venables had the chance to look for a HC job then but instead chose to move laterally but for more money. I think he likes the money and the fact that he doesn't have to be the face of the program.

I think there are very few people who are big enough ego maniacs to be a head coach for a college football team, especially a storied team. So much opportunity for failure, such pressure.