College Football 2020-2021 Season and the Covid-19 Bowl

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You know, I bet an expanded playoff makes it more likely that OU would join the SEC since now a shot at a national championship does not mean that you have to be perfect every year. My money is on at least one (probably more like 2 or 3) of the top 12 having 2 losses which means OU in the SEC could drop 2 games vs. good opponents, not make the championship, and still get in if the two that they lost to were the conference champ and another really good team.
With the guaranteed spot for a Group of 5 team, I could see Baylor or OK St actually downgrade to a group of 5 they could dominate and try for one of those guaranteed spots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My biggest hope is the expanded field will get teams to start scheduling more semi interesting games in their out of conference portion since a single loss won’t be as devastating. A man can dream.

I think that a few years down the line that the teams that are the 7,8, and 9 picks for those 6 at-large spots are going to be so tired of being told that their SOS just wasn't good enough that you are going to see no more Div II games scheduled in the Power 5 and a bunch more good games for those data points.

I love the idea. So unfair that certain teams don’t have to play as many games or a conference championship and still be eligible.

I think that the committee has been SUPER lax in their 8-20 rankings since the CFP since those teams really didn't matter in the final weeks of the season; this is going to force them to look at the relative strength of whole conferences differently because there are going to be some hard decisions for the 12th best team in the country.

With the guaranteed spot for a Group of 5 team, I could see Baylor or OK St actually downgrade to a group of 5 they could dominate and try for one of those guaranteed spots.

I bet it becomes a certainty if they ever go to 16 teams; but you can now definitely see a scenario that the Big XII stays together even if OU and Texas flee because there is enough name recognition in the rest of the league to get one of the top 12 each year.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd like to see conferences taken out of the equation completely. Needs to be something simpler that encompasses all eligible teams. Maybe something like 4 time zones, rise to the top of your time zone for a shot. Fuck all the non sense of rankings and all that bullshit, win and you are in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I'd like to see conferences taken out of the equation completely. Needs to be something simpler that encompasses all eligible teams. Maybe something like 4 time zones, rise to the top of your time zone for a shot. Fuck all the non sense of rankings and all that bullshit, win and you are in.

Central would dominate with the states of Texas, Alabama, and everything in between (including Ohio)

Edit: oops wrong on Ohio, for some reason thought they were central. Guess I never really looked at the map and noticed Ohio is dead north of FL/GA.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think that a few years down the line that the teams that are the 7,8, and 9 picks for those 6 at-large spots are going to be so tired of being told that their SOS just wasn't good enough that you are going to see no more Div II games scheduled in the Power 5 and a bunch more good games for those data points.
Which is how it should have always been. Win your conference and you're in. If you didn't, then there are still spots for you, but you better have beaten some really fucking good teams outside your conference since you couldn't win it.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What do you mean?
Ballas be lining up to make hoes grab their toes at big money schools.

1624296617731.gif

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

In accordance with the new policy, the NCAA issued the following guidance to college athletes, recruits, their families and member schools:

• Individuals can engage in NIL activities that are consistent with the law of the state where the school is located. Colleges and universities are responsible for determining whether those activities are consistent with state law.
  • College athletes who attend a school in a state without an NIL law can engage in this type of activity without violating NCAA rules related to name, image and likeness.
  • Individuals can use a professional services provider for NIL activities.
  • Student-athletes should report NIL activities consistent with state law or school and conference requirements to their school.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
On the same topic. LOL, no way he quits.

He's going to weasle-word his way out of it by saying that just becacuse they are getting paid for name, image, and likeness doesn't mean they are "professionalized".... Weak sauce, but I guarantee that's his spin if he wants to stay at Clemson.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Foggy Foggy How do you feel about big dicking Aggie into the stratosphere? Their tears are already delicious and right now it is just a rumor.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Whelp, we're screwed

Honestly though, I would bail too. Hopefully Poke State doesn't end up in the AAC as that would probably kill what little interest I have left in college sports

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Foggy Foggy How do you feel about big dicking Aggie into the stratosphere? Their tears are already delicious and right now it is just a rumor.
Their AD already whining to the media about it made my day. I mainly want it to happen just to ruin their time.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is sounding like this arrangement is done and the SEC will formally approve soon. The leak was a last ditch effort by A&M to block this.
D42A9E0C-6501-4F0C-93DA-9DF19BF35C7B.jpeg

• 2Solidarity