Colrectal Stage 3 cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't echo both of these things loud enough. Chemo is going to make you hate life, but it's doable. There will be times when you want to throw in the towel, but I really hope you stay strong through the process.

Writing a letter to your future self is a pretty rad idea. I wish someone would have recommended that to me while I was going through treatment last year. Your perspective on life changes through the treatment process, but you'll come out stronger on the other side. I hope you have a stable support system around, and people who are willing to help out with the little things you may need assistance with.

Everyday tasks become quite a bit harder, and if you're only relying on your lady, it can be hard on the relationship. Let your friends and family help out, even if you don't feel like you deserve it. They (presumably) care about you and want you kicking cancer's ass instead of worrying that you puked on yet another towel.

Best wishes mate.
Well started Chemo Monday and I see why so many say it sucks.
I can already see within a few weeks at max, that life will start to suck.
Even before chemo started, last few weeks my energy level as well as fatigue has been super bad.
We had a Big Wedding planed for Sept 2014, my fianc? has been planning it for 2.5 years however if my cancer starts to go south she wants us to have small wedding ahead of the Big Wedding in case that needs to be delayed, or it looks like I may die.
I am lucky to have a amazing girl that is sticking by me thru all this stuff.

Thanks for all your kind words mates.
Cheers.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Fennel seed. Make strong tea out of it or put a pinch in your lip like chew and swallow saliva generated from it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Do you have phenylketonuria? If so, I can look up other drugs for you.

edit: If you have pretty strong nausea and have difficulty keeping even the promethazine down, you could ask your doctor for 25mg Compazine suppository as needed for nausea.

Do you have phenylketonuria? If so, I can look up other drugs for you.

edit: If you have pretty strong nausea and have difficulty keeping even the promethazine down, you could ask your doctor for 25mg Compazine suppository as needed for nausea.
phenylketonuria yes I have that.

I try to read and post but I was too sick when got home yesterday.
This fatigue sucks as well as low energy and massive nausea.

Promethzine that is semi helping the nausea a little but its causing other unbearable side effects like entire mouth is beyond dry like cotton mouth from hell, can barely swallow as well as speak.

1 the things, I am running into now is I cant sit, stand for long at all, its to sore. For those of you that have been thru this to get around siting, standing as well as issues, how did you get around it?

Right now its looking more and more like the surgery will be either a few days before xmas or few days after.
Either way the timing sucks.
Cause my chemo, radation treatments are well into the end of Oct.
Then she wants me to wait, heal up like 8 weeks before surgery.
I had thought the more I stay busy while fighting this, the better it will be on me to not think of it all, but like you all warned me it gets overwhelming at times.

Mentally I need to get ready to accept the after surgery whole stoma thing while I have to keep fighting the cancer with more chemo treatments.
I am very active so, I am still thinking ahead of time that even if I beat the cancer, how I will learn to accept the fact that I will have that at the gym and any water outdoor stuff, as well as winter outdoor stuff etc.
I have watched bunch of the stoma videos on youtube the all are so relaxed with the fact they have it, that is what I am trying to do ahead of me having it figuring if I can accept it mentally ahead of time pre surgery that it will be better.

On positive note with NHL Hockey as well as NFL starting soon, will have a lot more to watch on tv while, I go thru this for next 6-9 months.
I already have finished like 6 books, had meant to read for long time.
I was going to to try to game with all the time off for this cancer, but frankly between me running to the bathroom getting sick as well as well as cant sit, stand long at all atm makes this not a option.
Atm there is no way I could raid, in any of the dozen or so MMO's I have year and lifetime subs to, pretty much same with doing dungeon runs, I just cant sit on desktop or laptop to long at all without getting sick so my plan to use all my subs to keep my mind off the cancer wont work.

I can use some good book ideas to buy anyone know some?
With books, I can buy them and bring them during treatments or download them with my smartphone or kindle,Ipad or laptop while I get the treatments daily.

Mentally I need to get ready to accept the after surgery whole stoma thing
Check this girl's YouTube channel. I found it randomly one night (probably clicked it because she is wearing a sports bra heh) but ended up admiring this girl a lot. Reading the comments her vids seem to be helping a lot of people, so maybe you will find it useful.

I can use some good book ideas to buy anyone know some?
Wool series by Hugh Howey. The first one is free download.

http://www.amazon.com/Wool-Omnibus-S...dp/B0071XO8RA/

Also, curious if you have tried marijuana to alleviate chemo side-effects?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah, I completely forgot about marijuana, but, it's used a lot for chemo patients. Would definitely recommend you get some medical marijuana.

Check this girl's YouTube channel. I found it randomly one night (probably clicked it because she is wearing a sports bra heh) but ended up admiring this girl a lot. Reading the comments her vids seem to be helping a lot of people, so maybe you will find it useful.

Wool series by Hugh Howey. The first one is free download.

http://www.amazon.com/Wool-Omnibus-S...dp/B0071XO8RA/

Also, curious if you have tried marijuana to alleviate chemo side-effects?
Yah I saw her videos about the stoma, shit she is even younger then me, and don't think she had a bf at time of that video.
My point is she is really kewl with it, as much as you can be she accepts it which means a lot.
I don't even have a stoma yet till dec xmas give or take 1 week and I have my stoma but I am afraid I wont be as kewl with it, as she is already she has accepted she has to have one the rest of her life and deals with it as much as one could.

One cancer question,

I have a full head of hair at 35 years old, will I lose a lot or most of it as I go thru chemo treatments until 2nd of oct 2013 then surgery around xmas week give or take, followed by 8 more weeks of rest then another 12 weeks of chemo treatment.
I just was wondering if I would lose a lot of my hair during these treatments?
If I can beat cancer get into remission some time after July- August 2014 How long after the cancer goes into remission does the hair come back?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yes you'll most likely lose your hair. My first round of chemo back in 1996 I'd freak the fuck out of friends by literally yanking out clumps of hair off my head. Fucked up thing to do but it helped me cope by being able to laugh about it. When I had my chemo bout 6 years ago I just went ahead and shaved my head ahead of time. Don't worry it does grow back quickly once you're done with chemo.
About being cool with the stoma and what not. It just takes time. It's a huge change/transition. It may seem insurmountably overwhelming at first but just take one day at a time and be patient with yourself.

Wuwei_sl

shitlord
This thread should be deleted.
Are you actually trying to make a troll post in a fighting cancer thread? Alot of us have had friends and/or family go through this fight, and it's serious business. I think we all support Tidbit in his fight, and would want to try to help him (or others going through it) in any way needed as (I think) a positive mental outlook can really influence treatment.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Are you actually trying to make a troll post in a fighting cancer thread? Alot of us have had friends and/or family go through this fight, and it's serious business. I think we all support Tidbit in his fight, and would want to try to help him (or others going through it) in any way needed as (I think) a positive mental outlook can really influence treatment.
No, I'm not trolling. He's known for constructing these fantasies to get attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.