Status
Not open for further replies.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Duppin is yet another prescription drug hoarding minority

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Strangely on-derail topic: I have a tonne of OxyContin left after my spinal fusion operation just sitting in the medicine cabinet.

iannis

Musty Nester
Strangely on-derail topic: I have a tonne of OxyContin left after my spinal fusion operation just sitting in the medicine cabinet.
That shit just makes me angry.

Not that you're hoarding oxycontin. The pills themselves. I had a prescription from a very minor surgery when I was young and never used them cause I never hurt, and forgot about them. Then about 6 months later I found where i'd put them and a lightbulb went off. I took three, you know, just to see what all the fuss was about. For science. All it did was make me angry. Well, and I could punch myself really hard and it didn't hurt. But still, mostly just angry. But the bad kind of angry. Annoyed angry, not rage angry.

I will never understand pillheads. These are some demonstrably fucked up people.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I snorted half an oxy 80 once back in the day when my buddy who eventually OD'd on heroin out in Cali gave me one.

I literally fell asleep on his couch for 6 hours. Downers and me don't mix.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The "hardest" prescription drug I've ever had was lorazepam
tongue.png
Doc gave it to me some to take before my vasectomy to relax so my balls would be nice and dangly for the operation. I felt like I just didn't give a fuck, which I guess is the desired result!

I got a bottle of codeine after the snip. Maybe I should make some lean?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was on a morphine drip for about a week after I busted my tibia and they put me back together with nuts and bolts. It was pretty awesome. The morphine that is. The shit I had to take after 7 days was not awesome. I almost passed out from the pain of my leg while trying to push out a week of constipation.

iannis

Musty Nester
I was on a morphine drip for about a week after I busted my tibia and they put me back together with nuts and bolts. It was pretty awesome. The morphine that is. The shit I had to take after 7 days was not awesome. I almost passed out from the pain of my leg while trying to push out a week of constipation.
So what you're saying is that you're bionic? I knew it!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Lol, did they not tell you to take Dulcolax?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was still in the hospital, so I was taking whatever they were giving me. I don't know if they had me on a stool softener, but it was a pretty comical scene. I was on that little portable toilet next to my hospital bed, my mom was holding up my stapled up leg and I was pushing and yelling so hard that I think I saw angels.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah, they should have given you a stool softener as well as a laxative if you were on opioids. If they didn't, they are *really* bad nurses. I imagine you were on a rehabilitation floor with PT/OT every day.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Have no idea how someone can be a morphine/heroine addict. When I was in the hospital on a morphine pump, I begged them to take it out. All the shit did was make me tired, mentally retarded, and chain vomit. Oh yeah, constipation too.

A half a hydrocodone though is great for insomnia..

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Question all next week they are giving me something called a port to replace my picc.
Will this allow me to have more freedom when, I get home from the daily chemo sessions?
I ask this cause the picc really annoys me to sleep with as well as shower etc when get home.

Cheers.
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so I don't know if someone answered this or not. I've had both 2 ports and several picc lines over the years. The ports are much much more convenient and conducive to Regular Life than a picc line is since it is under your skin. You can shower freely without having to worry about getting the picc line wet. You don't have any lines dangling out of your body. And a port can stay in much longer than a picc line can. So much more convenient.

re: Narcotic pain meds. Ugh Frenzied I totally agree. Yeah sure they take care of the pain...then 2-3 days later you haven't taken a single dump and then you start getting massively bad gas and bloated shit pains that are sometimes worse than the original pain you had. You start anything like then I suggest just popping stool softeners and laxatives daily too.

It's even more awesome when you're on morphine/dilaudid for an extended period of time and then they cut you off. I was hospitalized for over 3 months with a DVT/Pulmonary Embolism and a tumor out of control and was on Morphine for a good portion of that time. When I finally went home they pretty much just cut me off. Holy mother of fuck. Withdrawal is not something you ever want to experience. Having panic/anxiety attacks several times a day are not fun. Ended up with a Fentanyl patch and Xanax for a few weeks while they weened my down. I had pretty much cheated death (got the Sorry nothing we can do for you speech) and was stupid at the time so I didn't even think of asking for something to ween me off that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.