Comic Books

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Such bullshit. The inscription says you must be worthy, and this can't be overturned by revealing some deep dark secret only the Watcher has seen. I'm absolutely hating Original Sin.

rrr_img_73545.jpg

rrr_img_73546.jpg
I agree with you don't get me wrong, BUT what if it was something that made him realize he wasn't worthy? I don't know. Just saying there could be a reason but yeah I think that was a stupid way to go about that.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree with you don't get me wrong, BUT what if it was something that made him realize he wasn't worthy? I don't know. Just saying there could be a reason but yeah I think that was a stupid way to go about that.
"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

There's nothing in there about believing you can pick it up. Plenty of beings have believed they could pick it up, but didn't have the moral fibre.

rrr_img_73549.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The way I read the inscription it means this: You're holding the hammer. If you are doing so and you are also worthy of them, then you will also possess the powers of Thor.

Picking up the hammer in and of itself requires you to be worthy of something else entirely. Then upon doing so, and if you'realsoworthy of the powers, you will be given them.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am meaning what if his entire worth was wrapped up in the idea that he is Odin's son. That seems to have a huge part of a person's identity. You do things as the son of Odin and a royal of Asgard. Someone tells you that you are not really a son of Odin and a lot of the things you did for Asgard become murkier and you question whether or not you had the right to do them. You doubt your entire reality.

Not saying it's great writing but there is something there. You also linked a part where Thor said "none but his true son may lift sacred Mjolnir" and I don't think you realized that or you might not have
biggrin.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In Red Son (which is fucking great if any of you have not read it) Luthor's ultimate weapon versus Superman is one sentence on a piece of paper.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone tells you that you are not really a son of Odin and a lot of the things you did for Asgard become murkier and you question whether or not you had the right to do them. You doubt your entire reality.
And then you turn into a woman, amirite?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I loved where Original Sin was going, but it's gone to shit pretty fast.

Would almost rather just read a list of the sins and their consequences at this point. Wonder what else the will of Xavier will reveal next week.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just want Nick Fury to be over after all this. Tired of all his different forms and whatever. Nick Fury as a character needs to disappear at the end of all this.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i didn't pick up original sin, b/c i'm tired of crappy "marvel events" (i was waiting to see if anyone here really liked it) usually in an 8part series 1-6 is awesome, then 7 and 8 is wtf, lets wrap up!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ultimate universe, ultimate shit, what the fuck with ultimate ff? yes i know they cancelled the series a month ago, and i'm pretty sure this is the only series with the ultimate universe, but by god, a 3rd grader wrote this and the 2nd grader drew it.
rrr_img_73585.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's some etch-a-sketch art right there. Fucking horrible.

The one I linked is decent, at least. It almost looks like it was painted, but that's just the coloring.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...wow. That Andre Araujo douchebag should be doing the artwork for a weekly newspaper comic and not Marvel. This is way above his skill set.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
It amazes me how shitty some of Marvels fill in/2nd string artists are. Sometimes I feel like they're just trolling the fuck out of their readers with some of these artists.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's hard to say though. Frank Miller is very highly regarded and a lot of his art looks like scribble to me too.

It's actually not hard to say. Those linked pages look like shit. Miller at least had plenty of pages that didn't look like crap.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what the hell Marvel or DC are doing any more, to be honest. Other than Marvel movies, it pretty much all is retread.