Comic Books

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it had to be Land, I looked at a few of the other ones and they were totally different style. And I know who the fuck Alex Ross is=P Love his stuff, I don't care how cliche it is to like him.

If you fucker didn't point out all the Greg Land stuff to me I'd probably never have noticed. Now next time I read anything he drew I won't be able to not be distracted by it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i know you know who alex ross is, since you referenced him, others might not, was pointing out the reason why alex ross would be awesome. hell i wouldn't even know artists if my nephew wasn't an art major, i'm more of a story guy.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I think Silver Surfer and Doc Strange look fine. That is his style, he has a very specific kind of retro style, his Silver Surfer is basically his Madman. I even get what he is trying to do with Hulk, take it back to a 60s/70s thing, but I don't think he really succeeded. But I've always been a sucker for his style, I like it because at the time I hadn't really seen anything like it and I like that he stuck with that style.
That art is shit. Look at how Silver Surfer is climbing the stairs.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
He's not climbing up the stairs, it's more like he's worming his way up the handrail. He's also doing the Buffalo Bill dance in the second panel while that monkey bangs out Goodbye Horses...

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
FUCK YOU GUYS MIKE ALLRED IS THE BEST FUCKERS

Glee1.gif

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really like the new Silver Surfer comics. I think the art pairs well with the type of stories they are telling.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is old retro metroplex, it's not retro so much as, that was the drawing ability of artists at that time.
rrr_img_74917.jpg

this is metroplex now (look at the bot at his feet for scale)
rrr_img_74918.jpg

why would you ever want to spend 4bucks on trash that, that allred guy draws? i don't think theres even shading there, fucking cross thatched lines? holy crap... retro metroplex is looking good now.

marvel just sucks, they're giving all art duties to the lowest bidder for contract work.

edit
i picked metroxplex cuz marvel used to own/publish transformers, but now idw does it, i think cuz idw does most of the movie/comics stuff.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I actually like that old Transformer look =/ But I don't like Mike Allred, sorry. Never have, never will. That Hulk/SS comic looks like ass. Worse than ass.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, some art gets me to never even give some books a chance. Allred is one, another is the current style of X-Force, and another is the way the artist on Wolverine and the X-Men draws faces.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah. and I'm sure some woman was the one that noticed it while she sings that is ok to be fat because men are all about the booty.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
How about chicks stop obsessing about men that make more money than them and men will stop focusing on the most attractive female form?

Dudes are supposed to feel ashamed for pressuring women into looking a certain way, meanwhile women continue to demand men earn a superior income to them while women politicize the higher income of men and demand equal income from unequal work.

This is a road to nowhere. That website and those like it are a black hole of comprehension.

FowEwOL.jpg