Comic Books

Caliane

yeah, I do all my reading on android, or the web. Don't really use the cloud though. I specifically want mine downloaded, for out of service reading.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
yea ipad is as good as anything to view (i really like the 10 vs. the 7 of my other tablet), but then i'm a foggie that likes the smell of paper and my parents are only about 1hours away now with a basement, so like instant storage!
I've been doing ipad for years, it's great because it's almost the same size as a comic. But add in the cloud, it's 10x better. I can pull up my entire collection from anywhere at any time. Before that, if I wanted to read while I was out, or even go somewhere else in the house, I had to do premeditate every thing, and it was cumbersome. It's so much easier and convenient off of the cloud. Now, if I want to go to Starbucks, I can pick whatever I want on a whim. I have full access to my collection, anytime, from the cloud.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Won't you get hipster'd out of starbucks for reading "cartoons" while most of them fake write their novel?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That artwork is great. It reminds me a lot of Jim Lee. I know it isn't the same, but very similar. Good shit.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
A few days back someone posted some entries from a comic called Day Men on a forum I was reading (about specially trained fighters/general task managers who work for Vampires during the day, while they're asleep), and while neither comics nor Vampires are usually my thing and the latter have been massively overdone the last few years, it left out enough of the recent sappy "vampire" tropes (ie. turning them into lonely Byronic figures/immortal love interests with special dietary requirements) and had enough going for it that I found myself intrigued. I'm not keen on ordering physical copies, but is there something along the lines of a comic version of Kindle where I could pick it up and read further entries digitally (assuming there are more entries than the 3 or 4 that were posted)?

Caliane

A few days back someone posted some entries from a comic called Day Men on a forum I was reading (about specially trained fighters/general task managers who work for Vampires during the day, while they're asleep), and while neither comics nor Vampires are usually my thing and the latter have been massively overdone the last few years, it left out enough of the recent sappy "vampire" tropes (ie. turning them into lonely Byronic figures/immortal love interests with special dietary requirements) and had enough going for it that I found myself intrigued. I'm not keen on ordering physical copies, but is there something along the lines of a comic version of Kindle where I could pick it up and read further entries digitally (assuming there are more entries than the 3 or 4 that were posted)?
I see 4 issues on Comixology.

Boom studies lists an issue 5, and ongoing. Not much coming up on this. Why only 5 or 4 issues in 2 years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Daymen is one of those heavily delayed books, it's written by the editor of BOOM studios too, but also cuz of that, it won't go away so just put it in your comixology queue and you'll just see the next issue randomly pop up i guess heh.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Marvel's "Secret Wars" Battleworld is Revealed

This makes me want video games based off the idea (more than just Marvel Heroes and the mobile game(s)).

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Started reading the original TMNT again recently. Hadn't read it since I was a kid and forgot how awesome it was. Leonardo puts his sword through shredders chest and hands it to him telling him to commit seppuku to maintain his honor. And that's only in the first issue!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I tried looking for the original original in torrent form, but no such luck. Best I can do is the 2nd one. Then also the Image one.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Error when I try to make an invite code.

"You have no invites, you receive them every month as higher userclass or by donating to the site."

My page says I'm due to be promoted to the next userclass in December, 2023.