Comic Books

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Is the Scarlet Spider still running with Kane in Houston? or Dallas. Can't remember. Was pretty cool though

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm looking for some suggestions for some new comics. I'm looking for a mature superhero book that doesn't shy away from violence, nudity, and language. But. I'm looking for a book that doesn't just throw those things in gratuiously for no other reason than being MATURE FOR MATURE READERS WHO LOOOOOVE BOOBS AND BLOOD YEEEEAAAAH!!!

I'm thinking something like supreme power, back when it was under the MAX heading... But it's entirely possible I may not reply enjoy those books anymore as I read them forever ago. I love avengers and the like, but I'm sort of tired of the status quo with the big characters. Any suggestions? I've mostly stuck with mainstream comics so anything outside of that would be good

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Insert generic but ALWAYS relevantInvinciblerecommendation.

AndThe Boys

AndPowers, though that's initially from the perspective of cops who investigate super hero related crimes.

Irredeemable

Too lazy to find links or go in depth, but these are all really good=P

If you want something classic and probably a bit deeper check out the relaunch ofMiracle Man by Alan Moore. That shit was epic.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Irredeemable: Volume 1: Mark Waid, Peter Krause, John Cassaday, Grant Morrison: 9781934506905: Amazon.com: Books

pretty sure it was 37 issues. what if superman snapped, and who does he go for first?

The Boys Vol. 1: The Name of the Game: Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson: 9781933305738: Amazon.com: Books

how do you police superheroes? with extreme prejudice

i'd recommend saga, but it's not really a superhero book, just a good story. and it goes dark.

Amazon.com: Wanted (9781582404974): Mark Millar, J. G. Jones, Paul Mounts: Books

6 issues short, what if you inherited being a super villian.

j00t

Appreciate it. I don't need links, so no worries. I'll check those out. I was going to be looking at invincible in the next week or so. I've heard good things. The rest I'm only familiar with in passing. Thanks for the recommendations.

Is powers related to that common grounds series?

Edit: Thanks for those as well lanx

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Gah, i got beat by 5minutes, cuz i went to find links, note i didn't see Grims post, just happens to be the same recommendations all around.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
So just wanted to throw some theories out.

I think the person who picked up Thor's hammer is Jane Foster. Remember she's an Ambassador in Asgard and all the pics they show of Female Thor has lush hair which is deceptive to her bald cancer ridden head. Before we get the whole "BUT SHE CAN'T BREATH IN SPACE" I think Thor's hammer landed on the Blue Side of the Moon. Also... comics.

Also, Wolverine dying. I believe he will stay dead for awhile. And by awhile, I mean a year. I bet he's in that shell and is going to come out like a butterfly. Like that immense pain and hot adamantium killed him down to the last few cells in his body that housed that virus that killed his healing factor. Now he's slowing regenerating inside. A psychic will hear his thoughts or someone will hear his heartbeat and say "OMFG LOGAN IS ALIVE IN DERE! BEAST! LET'S GET HIM OUTS NOW!"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Since xavier is dead, but really kinda holding some sliver of Onslaught at bay in the astral plane? he's gonna see dead wolverine and they'll Voltron Force combine to beat Onslaught and then use his immense power to take over the body of their genetic equals.

Xavier will take over the body of his future kid with mystique (who looks just like him) and wolverine will take over Daken and be a more effeminate Wolvie for the Twilight crowd.

j00t

All I can think about is that stupid spider-man story where he died and then burst from an egg able to shoot webs without shooters.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If Wolverine was back that quickly we'd already see it in previews and solicits, think he'll be dead until at least next fall. Spidey taking over the X-students book, some of his friends/rivals are getting their own series called Wolverines. At the earliest maybe Secret War will provide a mechanism for him to return in 2016.

j00t

I'd love for there to be some finality in this. There are enough people in the marvel universe that could fill his shoes that we don't NEED him back.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I'm looking for some suggestions for some new comics. I'm looking for a mature superhero book that doesn't shy away from violence, nudity, and language. But. I'm looking for a book that doesn't just throw those things in gratuiously for no other reason than being MATURE FOR MATURE READERS WHO LOOOOOVE BOOBS AND BLOOD YEEEEAAAAH!!!

I'm thinking something like supreme power, back when it was under the MAX heading... But it's entirely possible I may not reply enjoy those books anymore as I read them forever ago. I love avengers and the like, but I'm sort of tired of the status quo with the big characters. Any suggestions? I've mostly stuck with mainstream comics so anything outside of that would be good
I liked Y the last man.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Saga! Read Saga! It's the best comic out there, right now. It's more sci-fi than super hero, but you get the idea anyway. Really good story with violence, nudity and adult language/themes.

Aside from that, Invincible is the shit. Think of it like a cross between Kick-Ass (moralistically) and Super-Man (super hero abilities).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What's a good Win8 or desktop comic app? Think I'm using Comix and pretty much hate it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Saga is good but the huge breaks and stuff make it seem like I will be long dead before the story actually gets told.