Comic Books

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'll admit it wasn't easy. After the first 6 books I started to lose interest and skimmed most of the second half.
Hehe, last year I set off to finally re-read them, having bought the hardback omnibuses from Amazon on sale a couple of years ago. I didn't get very far and started just kinda skimming pages.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I started reading Marvel with their massive relaunch post Secret Wars because i didn't really follow comics as a kid/highschool/adult so i figure why not start fresh? After coming into the store week after week for months now I find the comics I'm actually recommended to read by the staff that work there are all Image / Icon. I have enjoyed everything that Mark Millar writes- Huck, Empress, and I've got Jupiter's Circle to catch up on before Jupiter's Legacy hits this summer. I just bought the first 5 trades for Saga and the latest issue and I can't wait to pour through that series. Marvel lost me because I just can't relate to the story lines they come up with. Pretty sure this is the week that I'll have my pull list swapped to things found in the mature section and just dump Marvel since you get more out of the movies than reading the series.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I started reading Marvel with their massive relaunch post Secret Wars because i didn't really follow comics as a kid/highschool/adult so i figure why not start fresh? After coming into the store week after week for months now I find the comics I'm actually recommended to read by the staff that work there are all Image / Icon. I have enjoyed everything that Mark Millar writes- Huck, Empress, and I've got Jupiter's Circle to catch up on before Jupiter's Legacy hits this summer. I just bought the first 5 trades for Saga and the latest issue and I can't wait to pour through that series. Marvel lost me because I just can't relate to the story lines they come up with. Pretty sure this is the week that I'll have my pull list swapped to things found in the mature section and just dump Marvel since you get more out of the movies than reading the series.
You'll find the best stories are from ppl have near total creative control for their own series, like w/ image and their popular shit
saga
east of west
walking dead

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I'm down to a couple of books a week, if that. Nothing is interesting and have never been able to really get into indie stuff. Not sure I'd buy any Marvel aside from recent #1s if I wasn't interested in the Apocalypse stuff going on in the X-books.

Standoff so completely boring and couldn't get through the first issue, so verbose.

Was never a big DC fan, but hope Rebirth hooks me. Reading any of their stuff until then seems like a waste. If not, probably time for a break.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Standoff and the beginning of the Apocalypse war just pissed me off. I'm going to keep reading Karnak because that story is crazy, but the other 50+ reboots, no thanks. I don't know enough about DC to make a judgement call there. Also, totally forgot about East of West. Tomorrow is going to be interesting to see what I walk out with.

Column_sl

shitlord
Heard Darwyn Cooke today is dying to aggressive cancer.

Sad News, that guy made some great comics.

frown.png

242ce61182d4c7f1f553bc7e07949e7a.jpg

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
DR MANHATTAN WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?

I am actually not that mad about it. It makes sense one of the 52 Multiverses would have Dr. Manhattans influence.

But Wally West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WALLY FUCKING WEST GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So is the new new 52 basically everything that was good about DC b4 Flashpoint, and whatever surfaced as decent within those 4 years, they'll just keep?

radditsu

So is the new new 52 basically everything that was good about DC b4 Flashpoint, and whatever surfaced as decent within those 4 years, they'll just keep?
Yeah that was the only way to do it really. I wonder if some of the world building before flashpoint (blackest night, etc)will come back, or if its some sort of streamlined continutity.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Even better then Rebirth spoilers.
eoMMaO2.jpg
'Splain to me what I'm looking at? Is this stuff you've been given to work off of for doing some of the artwork, or am I not understanding?

On a totally different subject, is there more Oh, Hell out there beyond the book I Kickstarted and loved?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Any nerds braving picking up their books at midnight tonight for Rebirth? *raises hand*

Caliane

'Splain to me what I'm looking at? Is this stuff you've been given to work off of for doing some of the artwork, or am I not understanding?

On a totally different subject, is there more Oh, Hell out there beyond the book I Kickstarted and loved?
Colonel Sanders Joins Green Lantern The Flash in a Battle for the World??Ts Best Chicken | DC
We(DC comics/Hi-Fi)did a KFC promo comic/ad last year. The Colonel of Two Worlds.

Working on a sequel atm.

"New Superman" script not subtlety sitting there either..

Atm, no on Oh, Hell. George would like to do more I'm sure. has mentioned it. Dave is always looking for more work. He's had a hard time "breaking in" with consistent comic work. I, on the other hand, was already working with Hi-Fi, and had other side projects before Oh, Hell. And my workload increased dramatically over the course. All Hi-Fi, all the time now. I would not really have the time for a second book, even if he is ready to move forward yet.

We(Hi-Fi) did have a few comics canceled. Starfire, Titans hunt, Justice League 3001, New Romancer. But, some other new ones. Scooby Apocalypse, New Superman at the moment. Harley Quinn gang of Harleys, Harley Quinn Little Black Book, Titan comics Dr. Who 4th, 10th. Dream police ending soon. 1 more of those I think. Supergirl adventures. general "pick up". we did Omega men #10 for example. Dream Sequences in Harley quinn, often we get as well. I did a number of pages in Harley Quinn #26 and #28, GL: Edge of Oblivion #6, DCU Rebirth chapter3. We did all the Batman vs Superman companion comics.

Caliane

unrelated.

Seems Comixology launched an unlimited reading service.

Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology
5.99 month.

ComiXology Unlimited is a new service that allows you to read freely from thousands of titles, including comic books, graphic novels & manga. You can read offline on any device. ComiXology Unlimited is available for $5.99 a month and you can cancel anytime.
How can
Not all titles are in this. unknown time gates on release, etc. Selected titles like Marvels Service.
No DC or Marvel. no clear list. but Image, Dark horse, Valiant, and IDW titles are clearly seen in the graphic..
Featured Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology

US only atm.
ComiXology Unlimited is currently only available to U.S. customers. We plan to expand this service to our international users in the future. Please stay tuned.

radditsu

unrelated.

Seems Comixology launched an unlimited reading service.

Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology
5.99 month.

Not all titles are in this. unknown time gates on release, etc. Selected titles like Marvels Service.
No DC or Marvel. no clear list. but Image, Dark horse, Valiant, and IDW titles are clearly seen in the graphic..
Featured Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology

US only atm.
This smells of a clone of the Amazon service. BUY PRIME YOU GET ALL THIS TV CONTENT. But it never has any of the stuff i really want.