Comic Books

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're looking for a good series to take a look at, the current off-shot "Thor God of Thunder" is pretty damn well done.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've lost interest in it. The last one I read is where the Superior Spiderman almost kills the Rhino and Vulture, and blood was flying everywhere. It just doesn't feel like Spiderman. Why not give him some guns and call him the Spider-Punisher?
What's sad is they do this all the time to boost sales and pretty much EVERY long time Spider-Man reader HATES WHEN THEY DO THIS SHIT.

We all know Peter Parker will eventually get back to his body somehow but to have to put up with this shit has definitely made me not want to read his comic anymore. Marvel and Dan Slott have no fucking clue what Spider-Man is about. All comic book companies care about these days are doing some hyped up shit to get you to buy the comic book instead of just having really good stories and writing.

Luckily I still have the 70's and 80's books to read.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't read every issue, but have enjoyed the ones I've picked up. As a fan of the Iron Spider costume I'm interested in how long the one below sticks around, from August solicits.

Last issue was great, he basically figured out Peter's been interfering with his actions, and went into his brain to eliminiate him. Just seemed like a well put together issue.

Even when this is inevitable resolved and Peter returns (doesn't appear to be anytime soon) I am really interested in seeing how many of the advances Otto has rolled out that continue. Just enjoying the potential for meaningful longtime change because it seems to so rarely happen. Always just seems to be a matter of when stuff will get undone.

rrr_img_25013.jpg

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
So I haven't read a marvel comic in a long time, and this one caught my attention.

BdsxJoI.jpg

I just finished it and it has a pretty interesting premise. It's issue ten, and it looks like it is a part one of three. I was wondering if anyone has read the older issues and would recommend them or not. I definitely plan on continuing, but not sure if it's worth picking up the older ones.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
I've been enjoying the injustice series.
It's not amazing writing, but it does give us a glimpse into the idea of what would happen if the super heroes decided to use their powers to enforce their will rather than uphold ours.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So I haven't read a marvel comic in a long time, and this one caught my attention.

BdsxJoI.jpg

I just finished it and it has a pretty interesting premise. It's issue ten, and it looks like it is a part one of three. I was wondering if anyone has read the older issues and would recommend them or not. I definitely plan on continuing, but not sure if it's worth picking up the older ones.
I've got them all (though haven't read the last few for one reason or another) and it's a good book.

Blackyce

I've been enjoying the injustice series.
It's not amazing writing, but it does give us a glimpse into the idea of what would happen if the super heroes decided to use their powers to enforce their will rather than uphold ours.
Didn't we get this in a Justice League Cartoon Network show back in the early 2000's? There was an episode that opened with Luthor as President and having just done something insanely stupid killing a ton of people, Superman kills him and then the JL take over the U.S.A.

Batman then, using a device he created, finds another universe, where the JL that is from the universe original universe and they decide to go to that world and do the same thing they did on theirs but are foiled by the good JL.

Blackyce

What's funny is people think this whole Dan Slott killing Spider-Man and having SpOck take over is new and fresh.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but it was done before in Kraven's Last Hunt. Instead of killing Spider-Man he drugged him and put him in a coma for two weeks and in turn became Spider-Man himself trying to prove to both himself and Peter that he was the better Spider-Man.

It's different in that SpOck "kills" Peter but in reality it's the same fucking premise just done at the expense of a number of fans.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I've been reading a lot of Superior Spiderman and have found it enjoyable. My personal opinion is that it's one of the better spiderman's in awhile - we're kind of seeing a road to redemption almost for at least one person (maybe more) and that's pretty interesting. I just like how it's written; I dunno. Granted, I was a fan of the cross over Superman/Batman comics everyone hated back in the day so it's possible I just like uh, weird and/or bad things.

Also, I've never really gotten into Flash but a friend of mine swooped in with The Flashpoint series and holy crap, I loved it. Awesome that they are doing an animated version soon too.

I'm actually heading out now to try the Thor series a few people (plus friends) have been talking about. And also to see if they finally have the first volume of Fables there.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought a Nexus 10 to keep me entertained while I recover from knee is surgery, and now I'm working through the New 52 Batman books. Which of the other New 52 books are worth checking out? I've read mixed reviews on just about everything, but opinions here have always seemed pretty spot on.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure how I feel about Age of Ultron. I started off pretty strong and I read straight through all issues in one sitting but the path they're taking is a slippery slope.

Caliane

I bought a Nexus 10 to keep me entertained while I recover from knee is surgery, and now I'm working through the New 52 Batman books. Which of the other New 52 books are worth checking out? I've read mixed reviews on just about everything, but opinions here have always seemed pretty spot on.
Wonder woman and Demon knights are the two best.
Batman, Inc, if that was not part of your Batman list.

Flash, sword of sorcery are good(canceled). Aquaman was pretty good too.

Akeema

Trakanon Raider
Green Lantern #20, end of Geoff Johns run after 9 years. Thoughts? Personally, thought it was excellent.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Green Lantern #20, end of Geoff Johns run after 9 years. Thoughts? Personally, thought it was excellent.
Really liked it. Many feels.

As far as new 52, I've been reading Aquaman, Flash, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, as well as a smattering of Justice League. Personal opinion is I love just about all the Batmans, which includes Red Hood/Nightwing, and thoroughly enjoyed Aquaman/Flash, which I was never really familiar with before. Haven't read any of the Supermans but I've heard good things.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i really hope superior spiderman stays with the status quo, as in parker is dead, perma dead, no nothing is alive. Now they've failed at this... ultimate spiderman and little blackboy spidey is a trainwreck, and godaweful to read, affirmative action spiderman is just bad, but parker is really really really dead. hopefully in superior spiderman he stays really really really dead, and just kill off dr strange too, cuz he messes everything up.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
i really hope superior spiderman stays with the status quo, as in parker is dead, perma dead, no nothing is alive. Now they've failed at this... ultimate spiderman and little blackboy spidey is a trainwreck, and godaweful to read, affirmative action spiderman is just bad, but parker is really really really dead. hopefully in superior spiderman he stays really really really dead, andjust kill off dr strange too, cuz he messes everything up.
Blasphemy!

My poor maligned Dr Strange has kind of gone to shit in the past decade or so, hasn't he
frown.png

Worse is they never managed to produce a reasonable replacement.

I may need to find a new way to find and read comics online since I stopped it seems my reader doesn't even work right anymore and none of the sites either.

frown.png