Comic Books

Caliane

Am I reading the site right: $10/mo ($100/year) for all-you-can-read comics?
check the compare plans.

$10/m or $69/y($5.75/m)
gets you the access to comics. And "members only deals"

$99/year($8.33/m)
gets you the above, and
members only event access (whatever that is)
a newsletter.
15% off any comic in the digital store
10% off any marvel.com merch.
a letter!
and a figurine+box.

The problem is, its the Hulu model.
"More classic and newer issues added every week - as soon as 6 months after they hit shelves! "
The library of older comics is not complete. its being added to. And I am not sure if they ever remove any, or if it just constantly adding more. it may be that.
And the NEW comics, are 6months to 1 year after print. Again, which are added at 6 months, and which come later is up to them.
The serial nature of big2 comics makes that delay often really lame. No one really wants to wait that long to keep up. Rarely are cape comics intended to be read as a collected edition years later. Its not like a TV series, season.
"Save up to 12 comics to your mobile device to read even when you're offline"
But yeah, the 69/y isn't that bad at all.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
See, I would read more comics if I didn't have a physical comic laying around after. I never know what to do with them after reading them. Also they are a bit expensive for my budget. $10/mo is worth considering for lots of good stuff. Will have to consider it.

Caliane

yeah, I swore off physical copies a long time ago. piles of comics suck. just get hard copies of the rare few that are book worthy.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
See, I would read more comics if I didn't have a physical comic laying around after. I never know what to do with them after reading them. Also they are a bit expensive for my budget. $10/mo is worth considering for lots of good stuff. Will have to consider it.
Donate them to some organization that takes them? I know there's groups for sending them to soldiers overseas, or kids in homeless shelters. You get to enjoy your comics and you get the warm fuzzies of charity. Plus, having done no research, I'm pretty sure you can get a decent tax write off as well.

I mean, if the physical copy after you read it isreallythe thing holding you back from buying them.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
^^ great idea. I'm sure the kid's ward at your local hospital would love comics.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Donate them to some organization that takes them? I know there's groups for sending them to soldiers overseas, or kids in homeless shelters. You get to enjoy your comics and you get the warm fuzzies of charity. Plus, having done no research, I'm pretty sure you can get a decent tax write off as well.

I mean, if the physical copy after you read it isreallythe thing holding you back from buying them.
That is brilliant, thanks. Never thought of that.

Sadly though, that is just one of the things holding me back (price and having problems going to get them being the others).

Caliane

Librarys ought to take them too. Possibly good will.
worst case it IS paper. just recycle.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so far uber is just great, for me tho it's all about Maria still, nothing else interests me, not the hitler shit or the churchhill shit, or the other ubers, just Maria.

forever evil, finally finished, there might actually be a good story afterwards, you can really tell it was all Geof johns, any other writer and this would have been shit, highlights are lex luthor and sinestro, this for me was the best part of n52, the pandora shit, was shit, all the new re-releases were shit, just shittier versions of old shitty comics. (of course theres a gem here and there, nothing worth mentioning, it's DC shit)

i don't know if i want to give original sin a try, the comic store guys weren't keen on it much.

can't wait to read east of west and invincible later tonite, non marvel/dc stuff seams to do it for me lately. (or rather marvel stuff has been sucking and dc has always sucked)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So I thought I'd give a Superman book another go since this Doomed event was starting vs Doomsday. Loved Doomed #1, and the tie in Action Comics. Seems interesting, though I'm annoyed there are a ton of ads for Romita's run every other fucking page so it's not like anything lasting is going to come of it.

So I get new books today, I mention I'm bummed there isn't anything Doomsday related... comic gut points out the Doomed #1 was a damn one-shot. So lame.

Already bored with Future's End, but really surprised how much I'm enjoying Original Sin.

X-Books have completely bored me, picked up Uncanny this week almost out of habit is all, and Uncanny Avengers IN SPAAAACE is just stupid now so I've stopped reading it. Wondering if Original Sin is going to stop all this incursion stuff and break up the Illumaniti, because I can only buy so many more issues that seem to just be them debating some moral dilemma and then blowing up a parallel universe's Earth.

I liked Infinity War and Crusade, only because I loved the big crossovers like that, like Secret Wars. Just gluttonous 90s pile of heroes in a book fun. Infinity Abyss though, what the fuck.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Ok thanks guys. I checked my old comics and I actually have the infinity gauntlet series so I'll dive into that to see what's what.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I forgot the name of it, but there was a prequel to Infinity Gauntlet showing how Thanos got all the gems and it was pretty awesome. I loved Infinity Gauntlet, it was amazing. But the follow ups really fell short to me. I remember War but Crusade I can't even remember what it was about other than it exists.

edit: ah, The Thanos Quest

The Thanos Quest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea i remember were like 10 and all huddled around and read the infinity guantlet and we're like, wtf, where this thanos guy come from! had to hop around 3 comic book stores before we found the answer and the issues (they were out like a year b4 the gauntlet).

man imagine that, me and my friends had to walk like around 20 blocks to 3 comic book stores to just find an answer.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I forgot the name of it, but there was a prequel to Infinity Gauntlet showing how Thanos got all the gems and it was pretty awesome. I loved Infinity Gauntlet, it was amazing. But the follow ups really fell short to me. I remember War but Crusade I can't even remember what it was about other than it exists.

edit: ah, The Thanos Quest

The Thanos Quest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's actually in the compilation Silver surfer/Thanos book posted above.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Original Sin is like... bad in a good way, I'm enjoying it.

Lex totally stole the show in Forever Evil. Sadly, he, Black Adam and Sinestro are the most interesting characters I've found in Nu52 main universe. Sinestro's solo has been great so far.

Speaking of solo titles, Magneto is really pretty cool, just wandering around brutally killing human's who prey on mutants is really more interesting than I thought it'd be. It is starting to get repetitive though, needs something different to happen.

Sadly most of the X-books have been otherwise rubbish.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Downloaded a bunch of the latest X-Men stuff. I've been reading All New at the moment. I opened up Uncanny X-Men and saw Bachalos art and promptly deleted it all after going through a few issues. I can't stand his art anymore. He draws Liefeld feet!