Comic Books

Caliane

Is it just me, or did someone scan that page in. Save it as a TERRIBLE .jpg compression. Realize its unreadable. Then went back in and shopped the words back into the image?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I fixed it up.
rrr_img_83052.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I am pretty happy with the art.
Howard Porter is killing it.
Story is pretty fun. Very tongue in cheek.
uyqYbed.jpg
Had time over thanksgiving week and backissues to catch up. then this week? blue fucking beetle and booster gold, fuck it, i'm done with this jl3k trash, once you bring those 2 losers in.

plus after a while it was getting really tiresome, "OMG, we killed 1 guy so we could bring back superman, OMG the horror"

Aegil_sl

shitlord
Just started reading Irredeemable. I'm loving it but is it good all the way to the end? or is there a point I should stop reading?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a finished series that's relatively short and kept the same team throughout, I think. Finish up. The scope getsmuchbigger so I can see some people souring on it as it gets away from "What the fuck do we do now that Superman lost his shit?" territory, but I enjoyed the whole thing.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It's a finished series that's relatively short and kept the same team throughout, I think. Finish up. The scope getsmuchbigger so I can see some people souring on it as it gets away from "What the fuck do we do now that Superman lost his shit?" territory, but I enjoyed the whole thing.
I liked it, but liked it much more on a 2nd read. I missed a ton of stuff at the beginning as I felt they did not introduce the characters well, I got to about issue 25 then re-read the first 25 again. I felt I did not really understand who Qubit and Modeus were, those characters made much more sense to me after 2nd read. I would like to read more about Qubit, I found him fascinating.

Mallus (that guy who can punch people back in time) was one of the coolest ideas I have read in comics recently.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think i read irredeemable 2 or 3x, still good, they kind of loose me around the late 20's for a few issues, and some will know why, but it picks up again.

Thor 3 is out, and it's still shit btw.

Caliane

Theres also the Incorruptible problem.
For people reading Irredeemable, Incorruptible came out... and was more interesting. Waid himself probably thought so too. it stole alot of Irredeemable's thunder.

so, what I'm saying is. Read them both.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really liked Incorruptible as well. Especially as it went on. Tons of great back-story for the world and two series. And Max Damage really got fleshed out nicely.

It's funny, I never think about Incorruptible when thinking of comics but whenever someone brings it up I remember how much I loved it. I think I'm going to have to find my collected volume things of both. And maybe go buy the ones(first couple of both) I just downloaded before.

I recently read the 8 issues ofThe Eternal Warriorfrom Valiant. Really liked it a lot, went to Wiki and it turns out it's an old title they just relaunched. I'm curious if anyone read the original 50 issue run from the 90s. I'm pretty leery of most comics from the 90s that I haven't heard a lot about.

It's 2 issues in to a new volume thing(Eternal Warrior - Days of Steel). It's not Greg Pak writing it anymore, but I'll give it a try at some point. I don't know much about Pak, think all I've read from him is World War Hulk, but he did Incredible Hercules right after that and I remember a lot of people telling me that was really good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't remember it being good, i don't think it even sold well, at least not at my comic book store, i'd pick up xo manowar and the guy would give me gilad for a quarter, i don't know if he was being kind to a kid or whatever but he did this like 3 or 4x

hell i think i read the full run of xo manowar, it was barely a good comic, the new xo manowar is a nice update from the 90's so i'm guessing they did the same with gilad.

did you pick up unity? it was valiants big cross-over.

for me it was "ok", i liked the cross-over after that more armor hunters, but then i'm xo manowar biased.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope. Not really invested in the universe. Eternal Warrior was a random pick up, forget where it was suggested. One or two of the issues had some Unity stuff in the back but it didn't mean anything to me. I was just checking my folder and I have a couple issues ofHarbingerfrom Valiant as well, haven't tried it out yet.

The way it usually goes is I either see something suggested here by one of you or I stumble on some pages I like on Reddit. Download first couple issues and if it grabs me buy some. Or if it only sort of grabs me keep downloading like a scumbag.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't really recommend valiant stuff, i mean i read xo manowar, but that's cuz it's a childhood book, nostalgia, otherwise i wouldn't be able to recommend it. In unity gilad is paired up with ninjak, and i guess they're trying to do a funny/bro duo, but ninjak isn't all that interesting.

Caliane

I don't really recommend valiant stuff, i mean i read xo manowar, but that's cuz it's a childhood book, nostalgia, otherwise i wouldn't be able to recommend it. In unity gilad is paired up with ninjak, and i guess they're trying to do a funny/bro duo, but ninjak isn't all that interesting.
old stuff or new stuff?

New Valiant is pretty great imo.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I honestly can't remember too much in the way of specifics, but I distinctly remember reading XO, Magnus Robot Fighter, Shadowman, Turok, Archer & Armstrong, Harbinger, Eternal Warrior, and a couple others I'm sure. I don't have any feelings of hating them, and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed a few of them, but I couldn't narrow it down as to which ones. But I am left with the overall impression that I liked Valiant stuff because it was a nice change from the Image stuff that was hitting at the same time (which I liked as well, but for different reasons).

Pretty sure I read/have a Magnus/Predator crossover too, unless I totally hallucinated that. Yep, looked it up and it is a thing.