Coming 2 America (2021)

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This was alright. It has it's moments but pales in comparison to the first.

About sums it up. There were a few moments I genuinely laughed, but overall I kept waiting for it to get good, or do something original, but it didn't. I won't even complain about the eye-rolling heavy handedness with which it dealt with racism or sexism. Rather I'll wonder how Eddie Murphy's character went from a badass you could respect in the first movie, to a total cuck in this one. I'll wonder how the romance in the first one they at least TRIED to build up, simply happened in seemingly 2 haircuts in this one.

First is a classic for all time. This was good if you're wondering who's still alive from the first. (Sadly not Madge Sinclair)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I expected this to be fucking awful but it was at least better than bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The last 2 minutes is where I enjoyed the movie the most. Gotta love Randy Watson. Sexual chocolate!!!!

• 2Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really liked it. Many nods the original. Has heart like many 80's and 90's movies. Wesley Snipes kills it in everything he does. 😅

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Any movie with leslie jones in it is the worst film ever created on Earth until the next film shes in.

I wanted to like this but its below average and just corny. Lots of great scenes but as a whole its trash.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I hate Leslie Jones AND Tracy Morgan and this was still okay.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Any movie with leslie jones in it is the worst film ever created on Earth until the next film shes in.

I wanted to like this but its below average and just corny. Lots of great scenes but as a whole its trash.
Movie was very predictable and the plot was almost the same at the original movie. Just bad writing. I know Eddie and Arsenio tried to recapture the comedy of the old guys at the barber shop but come on after 30 years they are still living and looking the same......

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I hate Leslie Jones AND Tracy Morgan and this was still okay.
I use to like Tracy Morgan a lot, and then I paid to see him do stand-up. Was the worst stand-up Ive ever seen. He literally sat in a chair for half of it making moaning sounds.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Morgan is very hit or miss. Sometimes he's hilarious and sometimes it's just straight dogshit.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Then they went and made Blade 3 and he was suuuuuuuper fucking racist towards my boy Ryan Reynolds, so, fuck him.

• 1Pathetic

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I use to like Tracy Morgan a lot, and then I paid to see him do stand-up. Was the worst stand-up Ive ever seen. He literally sat in a chair for half of it making moaning sounds.
I saw Morgan down in San Diego and I guess we caught him on a good day because he was funny as fuck.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Looks good. I'm just glad Arsenio Hall is still finding work. I sometimes worry about him.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This shit sucked. Laughed once. I HATE that loud mouth black chick. God she plays the same character in every damn movie. So fuckin annoying.

5/10

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Got around to watching this. Was fine for what it was, had a few funny moments and the call backs to the first film were mostly handled well. I did like how that dude just made McDoogles in Zamunda to get away from the McDonalds lawyers lol. The annoying mother wasn't in it that much in the scheme of things, since it primarily focused on the son and Eddie Murphy.

• 2Like