Coming to almost no one's home in 2013 - Killer Instinct

Ryanz

<Banned>
A title from my past that I've been waiting forever to get remade and its on a console I will never buy. It's exclusivity better diminish pretty fucking fast for the Xbone. All that being said...it's not by the same team that made the originals and will probably be absolute shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I already said it another thread, but KI was fun but gimmicky. It's a fighting game for people who don't really play fighters that often. That said, Rare not even being the developer is kind of odd and the game doesn't really look all that great. SFIV(and its iterations) looks almost as good and is probably a much better game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A title from my past that I've been waiting forever to get remade and its on a console I will never buy. It's exclusivity better diminish pretty fucking fast for the Xbone. All that being said...it's not by the same team that made the originals and will probably be absolute shit.
Well it's a Rare IP correct? And Microsoft owns Rare. Not much of a surprise it's exclusive to the XBone. Even if Rare isn't making it (Where's the source for that again?)

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Killer Instinct was for people too shit at fighting games to play SF2 properly.
Except everyone had stopped playing SF2 by the time KI was released. If anything, the real fighting game fans were playing VF2 at the time but most people were playing KI (if only for a short time).

It's a shame that this is an exclusive on a shitty system and they decided to go with an absolutely retarded way to sell a fighting game. Probably would have been fun for a little while at least.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Except everyone had stopped playing SF2 by the time KI was released.
Yeah, VF2 and KI were around the same year. Street Fighter Alpha came out the following year and was pretty popular in the arcade. I don't really think it's even up for debate which is the more popular franchise out of all three, right? And that's not even touching the actual fighting systems, etc.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
After Alpha i had stopped playing SF all together and was only playing Tekken, which is still my favorite by far. I picked up SF4 on release and played the hell out of it until i met Bizazedo's(sp) Bison and put down my gloves. However as technical as SF is now i still have more pure fun with the bs scheme's in KI. KI is something anyone can just pick up and have fun in where as if i played SF with fam it would just be some type of comical rape endlessly till they got tired and put down the controls. Atleast in KI while they are losing they are enjoying themselves
biggrin.png

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
KI, looking back, was not a really a great fighting game. Or at least it was a mediocre one in a sea of 2d fighting games from the mid-90s. There we're so many cheap unbeatable tricks like just air-juggling someone for the whole round with Thunder or Cinder. Although enraging my cousins with that when I figured it out was awesome.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
primal rage needs a remake.
Wow i remember the first time i played that game. It was very different from other fighters, kinda strange but oddly enjoyable. I'd go for a new powerstone with some pro MP action.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Wow i remember the first time i played that game. It was very different from other fighters, kinda strange but oddly enjoyable. I'd go for a new powerstone with some pro MP action.
I just remember pissing on the people in the backround, only reason i remember that game lmao, and yeah powerstone remade would be fucking wicked.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Thread title should be renamed "Coming to almost no one's home in 2013" based on our local poll.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I saw on Cross Counter Live the game looks really good. It fucking sucks it's only on the Xbone.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'd imagine it won't be for long if no one buys it.
Unfortunately, it's a Microsoft first-party IP (they own Rare). So kiss your favorite Rare series good bye. The only hope you possibly has is if Microsoft lets them do PC versions, which from their comments probably won't happen unless they pull some Windows 8 only shenanigans.