Community

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seinfeld only had an actual laugh track on remote location shots. Rest of the time it was live studio reactions.

I don't care much about a laugh track as long as the jokes are actually funny. I prefer a show without it, but I'm not gonna skip over Married With Children because of it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Big Bang Theory can be enjoyed piecemeal. You don't need to know the characters or situations to enjoy an episode. If you pick up a random episode of Community it won't be funny at all unless you've seen the rest of them.

I like Big Bang Theory, just as I like Community. I don't see why they need to be compared. They're two different kinds of comedy, and each one has its place.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Well, Britta finally got her iPod Nano.

Screenshot from season 1:
r5UXDdm.jpg

Kulgan

Molten Core Raider
Well, Britta finally got her iPod Nano.

Screenshot from season 1:
r5UXDdm.jpg
Oh My God! I totally did not get that reference, but that makes that bequeathment even better!

I thought this episode was really solid and the season is definitely going in the correct direction.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
really solid episode. felt very late season 1 or season 2 ish. Just bummed for the Troy departure, not sure how thin this cast can get and still maintain the same feel.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah that was the best episode by far, not sure if I'd compare it to S1/2 though, but it might just be the repetition that's getting to me.

And yeah, not sure how it's gonna work without Troy or Pierce, but wait and see I guess.

Still pissed off about what they did to Pierces character, tbh.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Troy will do just alright in the end.
He obviously has real world sailing experience in the parking lot of Greendale and wasn't he promoted to Admiral with Shirley, Britta, and Pierce in the pottery episode?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
At some point in the first 2 seasons they mention is vaguely, and Jeff says he had a one month text conversation with a dude from Boulder because Britta gave him a fake number at the start.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
so Joel tweeted out

"Tonight's ?#?NBCCommunity? is epic on the level of Paintball 1,2,3. Watch @DonaldGlover & @dannypudi put on an acting clinic 8/7pm ?#?Bontroyage?"

and was wondering for any that had seen it if he was just blowing smoke or if it's accurate

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
so Joel tweeted out

"Tonight's ?#?NBCCommunity? is epic on the level of Paintball 1,2,3. Watch @DonaldGlover & @dannypudi put on an acting clinic 8/7pm ?#?Bontroyage?"

and was wondering for any that had seen it if he was just blowing smoke or if it's accurate
It was good for Community. They're not going to win any Emmys for it.

Was a fun episode.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Yup, good. Wouldn't call it an acting clinic, but absolutely some of the better acting they've done, especially Glover. If they keep on making episodes as good as this, we may just end up with #sixseasonsandamovie

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was torn between them trying to recreate paintball, and it actually being good. I think it was mostly good...