Computer Chairs

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you think about how much time you spend sitting and how long you will have the chair, it's not really that expensive.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Exactly. Pay $550 for a chair that will never need replacing (seriously), fits your ass like a glove and hugs your back, or pay thousands when you're forty and have arthritis in your spine. Trust me, I sit in a chair all day and I bought one to replace my office chair at work. Sit in it 8 hours straight and no more aching back at the end of the day.

If you think about how much time you spend sitting and how long you will have the chair, it's not really that expensive.

Macktaracktor_sl

shitlord
Go into the computer labs at your local collage campus and steal one... if anyone asks what you are doing... say you are borrowing it for a student film project... its how i have mine!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Been about a year since this was updated...doubt there's been much in the way of advancements in chair technology, so are most people between the MARKUS and Herman-Miller Aeron still?
My back has been acting up and I think I need a new computer chair for home.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've had my Aeron for a year now, and it has definitely improved a lot of my lower back problems. I can sit it that thing for hours and have absolutely no discomfort. Since it's made of a mesh-like material it breathes really well too, nice and cool in the summer.

While I'm glad I got one off of Craigslist for fairly cheap ($250), knowing what I know now about it having used it for a year, I'd definitely pay full retail ($650) if I had to. It's probably the best furniture purchase I've ever made.

I did splurge and spend like $100 more on the headrest attachment though, that was well worth it too.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been about a year since this was updated...doubt there's been much in the way of advancements in chair technology, so are most people between the MARKUS and Herman-Miller Aeron still?
My back has been acting up and I think I need a new computer chair for home.
Funnily enough I tried a Steelcase Leap last week and plan to go take a look at the Humanscale Freedom. Aeron is a pretty old design at this point, it isn't even their high end chair anymore.

I don't feel the used site offers enough of a discount, with new chairs at this pricepoint they have 8-10 year warantys and if you buy one from a local dealer they'll do waranty repairs at your house. Personally I'd rather pay $800 for a new chair with a 8-10 years waranty than $500 for a used chair with a 90-day waranty.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Any forum users own aDxracerchair? Are they worth the money? Last two chairs I owned fell apart so I decided to spend the extra money if they last longer.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any forum users own aDxracerchair? Are they worth the money? Last two chairs I owned fell apart so I decided to spend the extra money if they last longer.
They look fucking stupid. You are not a race car driver at your desk. Aside from that, it is just another padded chair = fail. Eventually the padding will wear down and you are sitting on uncomfortable support.

This thread should have ended at post#5
Aeron - Office Chair - Herman Miller

Is the be-all end-all of chairs. Worth retail and even better if you can get a Craigslist deal.

The entire government office here has these chairs and I sit 12 hours IT desk shifts on them with ease. The ones in the office here are about 6 years old and still feel like the day they were new.

They look fucking stupid. You are not a race car driver at your desk. Aside from that, it is just another padded chair = fail. Eventually the padding will wear down and you are sitting on uncomfortable support.

Is the be-all end-all of chairs. Worth retail and even better if you can get a Craigslist deal.

The entire government office here has these chairs and I sit 12 hours IT desk shifts on them with ease. The ones in the office here are about 6 years old and still feel like the day they were new.
these chairs are awful.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
these chairs are awful.
They only get worse when you see the price. If my company is paying for it, great, but I don't want to spend 600+ on a chair when I've gotten along pretty well with much cheaper over the last 30 years.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
HM Aeron is the best piece of furniture I've ever owned. It's so goddamned comfortable, and cool as well. I've had mine for over 2 years now and it still looks brand new. Nothing scratches, nothing wears down or fades, it's worth every penny.

That being said, I'm fairly certain I bought a stolen one off of Craigslist since it was still new in plastic for $250 out of some dudes trunk. I added on a headrest to that though, and those were pricey(think it was like $100 for the headrest attachment). Damn thing is so comfortable, I fall asleep in it all the time.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I play video games in my underwear, how comfortable are the back and seat peices on bare skin?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you work from home you can claim the price of the chair on your taxes, just keep the receipt.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider

The Aeron is a pretty old design at this point (think nearly 20-years). They actually have a newer high-end model at this point.

Personally I bought a Steelcase Leap since I work from home. If you live in a proper city there are probably quite a few office supply stores and you can probably go try Steelcase, Aeron, etc. at a few. They'll also probably have good warranty where you can return to that location for repairs if it ever occurs.

if i cant tuck a foot under me while sitting then i say

no thank you sir. no i do not want this chair.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user