Computer Chairs

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
None. It's a really good chair . Will buy again.

Awesome. Now I just need to decide on the mid-back without all the crazy adjustments, the crazy adjustable mid-back, or the high-back. Basic mid-back right now is on sale for $109.99. I'm usually not a fan of all the insane adjustments with chairs, just because they hardly ever seem to work.

Ps. Fully anticipated buying a Steelcase Leap V2 or a Aeron, but surprisingly enough Dallas' craiglist is fairly barren.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best chairs I ever sat in were at my old job. Was a fancy call center and I could easily sit 8 hours straight in those things answering phone calls and never hurt.

They were fully adjustable, and that probably had something to do with it. Tried getting one of those chairs for home multiple times but was always denied. Was told though they were snout $700 a piece though so that apparently is the sweet spot for comfort.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So I ended up buying the Alera Elusion: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003G4OJK4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's being sent back. It's certainly not a bad chair, just not what I wanted. I haven't really used a task chair much lately, and the cushion, although solidly comfortable, was just not wide enough for me. Little tight when sitting down. Little bit of annoying creaking, and I didn't love the rubber mesh backing.

Really looking at the Ikea Markus now, as I believe it's more of what I would like. How's everyone's still holding up? Imagine I'll take a trip up to Ikea to buy it, but if I did order one did people prefer the cloth seat or the leather one (which version is more comfortable? Which is cooler?). Seat have enough room for someone who is 6' 190lbs?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why would you not want arms on a chair man
Because my arms often rest on the desk when gaming and chairs with arms don't always allow me to sit as close to the desk as I need.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So to follow up on Picasso's targeted advertisement I looked into that Autonomous ErgoChair, because it seemed a little too good to be true. It started as a Kickstarter just recently and was removed because it appeared to have been a Chinese product that they were just re-selling (reddit page on this somewhere). Anyways they went through with selling it and there is a good review write-up here Autonomous ErgoChair Review - Is This Office Chair Worth The $250?

TL;DR
The reviewer said it was the closest thing he has ever seen to his Herman Miller Aeron & Embody and is stunned that they can deliver a chair that comfortable for essentially $250. His only worries were the durability of the wheels/armrests after 5 years.

I may cave and give this chair a shot, hmm. The Hyken looked solid, but at 6" 190 lbs, looked like it may be too tight for me.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Exact same size and I'm going to end up removing the hykens headrests prob because it's right in my shoulders so i do not recommend.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another note for durability. HM Aeron are praised in this thread repeatedly for a reason. I can attest, as we have HM Aeron chairs here at my office (gov IT work). We are a 24/7/365 shop and this building and the chairs at our desks are just over 8 years old. A couple of the dudes here weigh a good 300lbs too. That's just about round the clock use for 8 years and these chairs are just as good as day 1. Maybe the wheels could use some cleaning to give that butter smooth roll, but otherwise. 10 out of 10.

They cost a ton of money, but I really want one for home.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I just bought one of craiglist for $300.

I regret it.

It is an older model( i think it is 15 years old), and I didn't realized it. I have a brand new new aeron at work, and now this one is feels so awkward.

I suck at buying things.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't buy used items in general because people are gross let alone something that their buttholes have been scraping over for god knows how long.
Think about how many times you sat bare assed on ur computer chair rubbing one out, often getting jizz all over the place. That is exactly what you are buying.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Trying to decide between a Leap v2, Steelcase Gesture, or HM Embody for home. There is sadly not many Leaps around my area on CL and I'd probably prefer just to have a brand new (non-fartboxed) unit.

Anyone done any comparisons between the Leap and Gesture? I am not a fan of Herman Miller Aeron chairs mainly due to their stupid plastic surrounding pieces which tend to dig into my legs. I also sometimes tend to sit on one leg and etc, so the mesh isn't really suited for that.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone else with feedback on this staples chair? I may be too tall for the headrest. But something that actually gives me back support might be wise with my back issues. My current high back office chair only works if I'm like reclining in it.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119#/revs_content
holy shit, how tall are you that you assume your head goes over most standard headrests?

You might find this podcast entertaining then, talking about how everything is made for the "average" person and how it was from the army s,m,l sizes are really derived from
On Average - 99% Invisible

Picasso3

don't buy the hyken son.
i'm 6' even and it hits me squarely on the shoulder blades when sitting up. It can still be comfortable slouching etc... but....

Sludig

holy shit, how tall are you that you assume your head goes over most standard headrests?

You might find this podcast entertaining then, talking about how everything is made for the "average" person and how it was from the army s,m,l sizes are really derived from
On Average - 99% Invisible
I had read in a few reviews for that chair that the head rest was problematic for 6ft people.

Sludig

don't buy the hyken son.
i'm 6' even and it hits me squarely on the shoulder blades when sitting up. It can still be comfortable slouching etc... but....

The headrest hits you there? I think I heard they are removable? Or would the back be too low too? I liked it because of the herman miller type suspension seat and back (vs a lot of cheap ones just the back)