Computer Chairs

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The DX Racer reclines all the way back to a 170 degree angle.

rrr_img_95034.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It is crazy how much Maxnomic and DX Racer have expanded their brand. Almost every streamer that can carry a few hundred average viewers has one or the other. Seems like just recently they've branched out in to the 2nd and 3rd tier sponsorships or maybe streaming revenue is up and they're all investing in actual chairs since they sit there for 8 hours a day.
Because the chairs are Beats by Dre of computer chairs. Give them to celebrities and charge a fuckton and people think its a quality product.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was looking into buying one of those chairs but couldn't figure out the difference between Maxnomic and DXRacer.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Seriously considering going for one of those Herman-Miller Aerons. My lower back is fucking killing me lately.

However, has anyone tried one of those kneeling chairs? I'm wondering how comfortable one of those can be.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My dad had one of those back in the day, it was surprising how comfortable that thing was. I expected it to be terrible but it wasn't. Totally comfortable and never and fatigue or back issues.

I considered going for the Aeron, found a place to get one here locally for like 350, but I went with the Markur instead and it has been great so far.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you get a kneeling chair you have to have a pic of Zod as your background. It is known!

Column_sl

shitlord
I hate how every Gaming chair is made of some kind of fake leather, or plastic. Do people really like that?

Anyone ever buy the Gaming chair AK they used to have at Costco etc. Chair was made out of a breathable cloth material.

rrr_img_97747.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love how you slap the word "Gamer" on something, use shit materials and then make it look gay as fuck means you can charge 200% more than it should cost. That isn't exclusive to chairs, either.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I'll add a note for any potential buyers out there, test the chairs as you would use them. I regret not dragging my chair over to a desk and pretending to type in the store. I sit for long periods and have a flat ass so I wanted to get a chair with a lot of padding. I sat through every chair in a store and the most comfortable was one of those Tall & Fat Executive series. I love the feel of the chair but my one annoyance is the arm rests are designed for someone who is...well wide/fat. So my arms have to cock out way wide in order to use the arm rests.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, looking into buying a new computer chair. The Executive style one I have currently I've had for about 5 years now and the seat and armrests have worn out too much. Used to just have my butt fall asleep if I sat for a few hours but now i think its starting to pinch the sciatic nerve in my left leg which is causing pins and needles. Are the Herman Miller Aerons still the preferred choice? Although I'd like to keep the price to $300 or so, I'd be willing to spend the $600 if they really are worth it.

Mainly I just need one not quite as deep as the Executive since it doesn't have the 'waterfall' style so the end of the seat cushion pushes up on my thighs. Used to be ok but now that I've lost some weight I think theres not enough cushion anymore and its pushing on the nerve. Saw some in Office Depot and Staples that had the mesh seating and they seemed to be ok, but I would like one with the high back and or headrest, which none of those in store had.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I got the Steelcase Leap V2 from Madison Seating back in January and it is fantastic. I work from home at least 2 days a week and spend 6+ hours in it on those days and it feels fantastic. I picked the Leap V2 over the herman miller chairs for price vs performance. I got mine with the adjustable lumbar support for $395. Looks like they are more right now, but you can probably find a better deal if you looked for coupons.

Leap Chair V2 by Steelcase

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have the Costco Executive leather chair and DX gaming chair. I prefer the Costco chair.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I second the Aeron, and since they are so popular in higher end offices they're usually available second hand in abundance.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've had this ErgoHuman for well over 10 years
Amazon.com: Ergohuman Me7Erg-W09-01W09-01 Black Mesh Hi Swivel Chair: Kitchen Dining
I work at home, and try not to "browse" on it (i try to separate business/home computers), but i would say easily 12+ hours a day. I've only had to change out the caster wheels within the last year, they broke, it wasn't expensive, i think i paid 20bucks for a set of 5.

It has every ergonomic setting i want, now i haven't touched these settings in 3 years (basically every time i've moved, it's been twice w/ the chair) Easily the best and most paid off office investment. I have an old Aeron (with plush fabric) that I have still kicking around, that thing is nice too, but it's just the "basic" version.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I second the Aeron, and since they are so popular in higher end offices they're usually available second hand in abundance.
Adding another vote for aeron. I bought one new a few years ago, still going very strong with zero sign of wear. They also come with a 10 year warranty. If you do get one, make sure you get the option for being able to lock the recline. I didn't and it's my only regret, I can't put my back fully into it without reclining.

An alternative as people have suggested is also Costco chairs, usually the hydraulic failed after 2-3 years on these for me, but Costco takes them back no question asked usually and replaces or gives store credit to replace.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider