Computer Chairs

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
I have been using a really bad chair for pc use since i moved looking to upgrade to a real pc chair anything is better then what i have.

IiujYJf.jpg

Steelcase Leap V2 office used $250

Ikea Markus new $179

Was thinking on the needforseat or dxracer chairs but they have tons of mixed reviews

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the over all consensus of needforseat/DX (even in this thread) is that they're good chairs but vastly overpriced. If you don't mind paying you'll get a good chair but you'll also be overpaying by at least $200.

Also they look faggot for what its worth

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just usually go to staples and sit on some chairs and see which one feels good both seated and reclined.

Those seats do look faggot, much like people who wear beats by dre

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just re-did my basement and instead of putting my old desk back I built a desk to mount to the wall... basically just a piece of pine I trimmed to size and and stained, etc.

Mounted my monitor to the wall and it's the perfect height for standing but if I want to sit, our bar stools are just too short and I'm straining my neck to look up.

Anyone have a good stool they can recommend? Preferably one with a back.

Varrus

Trakanon Raider
That chair looks decent. There was a day I could remember when I could actually find a decent chair at Staples of all places. Not anymore it seems. Craving a good chair for awhile now. And not that crazy DX Racer stuff either.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
As I was on like hour 6 of a WoW binge yesterday, I couldn't help but notice the ass of my 8 year old chair is totally blown out. I was thinking about going DX but you guys are right, they have a real homo tinge to them thanks to the coloring and I can't bring myself to drop 1400 bucks on a Herman Miller.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I broke down and got the DXRACER. Overall no complaints so far outside of the fact I don't know how much I like those lumbar and headrest pillows. I feel like they take up too much real estate as I like to be backed way up into the chair and the racer seat is already sort of shallow.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
just craigslist the miller chairs, can get em in fine condition for under 500 assuming you don't live in the stix

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I don't buy used items in general because people are gross let alone something that their buttholes have been scraping over for god knows how long.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've had a dxracer chair for two years now and it still looks brand new and is still very comfortable. Regular office chairs would cause elbow pain after months of hardcore use, but I've been pain free since I bought my dxracer. I thought it was overpriced when I bought it and I still consider it over priced but I've never used a chair this comfortable in my life. The biggest con is I can't sit Indian style in it and it's a little uncomfortable to fap in. Overall if you have the disposible income go for it, if not don't break the bank because it's not going to change your life.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought it was overpriced when I bought it and I still consider it over priced but I've never used a chair this comfortable in my life.

Comfort is never overpriced, think about all the taxi drivers slummin it in their seats for 16hrs, so bad, they have to put in those fucked up beads, i mean, wtf.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
The 60% recline on them is pretty sweet though,especially if you kick back with a controller every once in a while.

The Markus chairs have gone down in price and quality here from the looks of my last visit to Ikea.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Was debating on picking one of these up (probably the mid-back one). How has this held up for you so far? Any complaints?

None. It's a really good chair . Will buy again.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Purchased the Steelcase Leap V2 about 6 years ago when I started to spend more time working from home (around 12-16 hours / day) and I could not be happier. It is ridiculously comfortable, has more customization than needed, and has helped to resolve most of the lower back pain I was experiencing to the point that I actually get to the gym in the mornings.

I was skeptical at first simply due to the high price tag but it's definitely been one of the best purchases made for work/gaming.

Opted for fabric, adjustable arms, no headrest, and carpet casters.